☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Feb 14, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #1,189 of 1,260
Feb 14, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #1,190 of 1,260
Feb 14, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #1,191 of 1,260
Check out this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665398/new-cavalli-audio-portable-amp-officially-in-the-works/510

@TSAVJason
 can hook you up

Call 310/534/9900 The Source AV Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm Pacific time ask for Wayne or email Wayne@thesourceav.com

We are the other dealer selling the spark! Taking $250 down now to reserve the special $500 price. Once we get word of them being ready to ship, we will ask for the other half of the payment. Feel free to check out our page for more details or feel free to pm me

-Craig

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #1,193 of 1,260
Do you know any reviews on it that are detailed? Just wanna know if it has optical out etc as i will use ot for my desktop as well as with my mojo.

The Spark is just an amp so it won't have any digital inputs or outputs (including optical).  There are no detailed reviews yet as it's not out yet.  But I and others have used the prototype plenty of times and I can try to answer any questions you might have.

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #1,194 of 1,260
The Spark is just an amp so it won't have any digital inputs or outputs (including optical).  There are no detailed reviews yet as it's not out yet.  But I and others have used the prototype plenty of times and I can try to answer any questions you might have.

What does it sound like compared to the LC? I know it doesn't have balanced and all but as a cheaper portable option would it be worth getting this over the LC? As a truly portable and something that can sit on my desktop as well.

Will pair well with my mojo?

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #1,195 of 1,260
What does it sound like compared to the LC? I know it doesn't have balanced and all but as a cheaper portable option would it be worth getting this over the LC? As a truly portable and something that can sit on my desktop as well.

Will pair well with my mojo?

My experience is based on the first generation LC. I think if you're trying to go for a truly portable setup you would be better off with the Spark since you can actually use it from a backpack while the LC needs wall power.

In terms of sound, I wouldn't think they are necessarily the same. The LC is more of a hybrid for me, a mix between the Liquid Glass and the Liquid Crimson, where it has this lush and engaging tonality to it yet not losing the detail you have from your music. The spark is more like a baby Liquid Gold, so smooth and perhaps feels that it brings out the details easier than the sibling, but just a tad bit less engaging.

By no means I'm saying the LC is not detailed, and the Spark not engaging, just some side by side comparisons I made when I had the prototype with me for a while (Thanks Warren and Team Cavalli!). As for the pairing with the Mojo I would definitely say it pairs very well as I used it as my daily driver for quite a while.

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #1,196 of 1,260
My experience is based on the first generation LC. I think if you're trying to go for a truly portable setup you would be better off with the Spark since you can actually use it from a backpack while the LC needs wall power.

In terms of sound, I wouldn't think they are necessarily the same. The LC is more of a hybrid for me, a mix between the Liquid Glass and the Liquid Crimson, where it has this lush and engaging tonality to it yet not losing the detail you have from your music. The spark is more like a baby Liquid Gold, so smooth and perhaps feels that it brings out the details easier than the sibling, but just a tad bit less engaging.

By no means I'm saying the LC is not detailed, and the Spark not engaging, just some side by side comparisons I made when I had the prototype with me for a while (Thanks Warren and Team Cavalli!). As for the pairing with the Mojo I would definitely say it pairs very well as I used it as my daily driver for quite a while.

Thanks so much for your feedback.

It will primarily be used for my desktop pc. I think it's a case where I either by both or just get the spark and wait to see what other feets of technology cavalli brings this year...

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #1,197 of 1,260
So I've just received my Liquid Carbon. I've noticed a lot of noise when using single ended. The noise starts at about 11 o'clock on high gain with my HE-560's, about 9:30 on low gain with my Elear and  1 o'clock on my HD-650's on low gain.

Is this normal? Will balanced cables fix this?

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #1,198 of 1,260
So I've just received my Liquid Carbon. I've noticed a lot of noise when using single ended. The noise starts at about 11 o'clock on high gain with my HE-560's, about 9:30 on low gain with my Elear and  1 o'clock on my HD-650's on low gain.

Is this normal? Will balanced cables fix this?

If it's v1, then the noise out of SE was there for many and can be repaired. It shouldn't be there for a v2 - at least it's not there for mine.

When I have RCA cables connected and I press the input button to balanced (white), I can hear very faint music if the volume is high enough. The RCA input is somehow audible at a very faint level when balanced input is selected. I assume that my headphones are just sensitive (as I have read that some can hear music with the pot at zero), but curious if others have the same issue.

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #1,199 of 1,260
If it's v1, then the noise out of SE was there for many and can be repaired. It shouldn't be there for a v2 - at least it's not there for mine.

When I have RCA cables connected and I press the input button to balanced (white), I can hear very faint music if the volume is high enough. The RCA input is somehow audible at a very faint level when balanced input is selected. I assume that my headphones are just sensitive (as I have read that some can hear music with the pot at zero), but curious if others have the same issue.

Thanks for the reply. It's a V2, the noise is very, very noticable on my Elear. I got this one from an eBay listing. What can be done to fix the issue? I don't really revel in the idea of having to buy ~£500 worth of balanced cables to use each of my headphones with this little amp to lower the noise floor.

*edit* I also can hear music from the RCA using single ended after clicking over to balanced and cranked to 100% volume.

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #1,200 of 1,260
Thanks for the reply. It's a V2, the noise is very, very noticable on my Elear. I got this one from an eBay listing. What can be done to fix the issue? I don't really revel in the idea of having to buy ~£500 worth of balanced cables to use each of my headphones with this little amp to lower the noise floor.

*edit* I also can hear music from the RCA using single ended after clicking over to balanced and cranked to 100% volume.

You're going to need to send it in for warranty repair and you should still be under warranty, as the v2 hasn't been out for a year. Cavalli will switch over the balance of the warranty from the original owner.

In other news, my amp developed channel imbalance this morning. Not even a week after completing burn-in! I switched inputs and immediately heard a pop on the left side of my cans. Fortunately, the headphones are fine, but the amp is going to need a repair...not terribly over the moon about it.

Anyone else who has been down this road: am I going to need to burn-in again after repair? Not sure if they will need to replace the board.

Also, what's the turnaround time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back