☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Jan 28, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #1,157 of 1,260
Something is moving on the Amarra 4 license...

I hope so. I currently enjoy Audirvana+. So I am interested to hear how Amarra differs. My LC v2 is out for repair so maybe my Amarra License and LC will arrive at the same time?

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #1,158 of 1,260
I JUST received my licence and installed now...

Jan 28, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #1,159 of 1,260
Congrats!! I can't wait to get mine too!!

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #1,162 of 1,260
Got my license too.  Installed it on Windows 10 but it's taking quite a bit of time for art work to populate and while it's populating my library, response to mouse clicks is painfully slow.  Sounds fine though.

Day 2: I've had the app open for over 8 hours and all the artwork still hasn't populated.  Trying to scroll through my library is worse that slow motion.  No response at first, then it just appears 5 pages down.  Difficult at best to get an album to display all tracks before it starts play for the entire album.   I will give this one more try.  I'll uninstall and reinstall this for Windows but if the the same result is obtained then it's pretty much useless.  I also own JRiver and when I double click on the Amarra icon from my desktop, JRiver opens three times in different windows.  Weird to say the least!

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #1,166 of 1,260
Check your junk/spam that's where mine got delivered. Probably blacklisted email addy

I wouldn't have posted that I didn't receive it had I not checked that first.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #1,167 of 1,260
First post here and I'm new to all this, so bear with me...

I currently own a Bose QC 15 and a Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP but been looking for a new headphone dedicated to music (I don't hate Bose SQ but find it too bright sometimes). I'm between Sennheiser HD600/650 or HD800 but just learned that HD600/650 have high impedance and need good amp and HD800 is super picky on the amp (I guess this means it sounds bad with some...). So it begins my research for an amp and here I am.

So my questions here are regarding the Cavalli amp... at first I was not planning on spending this amount, but after reading so many good reviews I'm considering. So questions:
Is it a good pair for Senn HD 800?
Is it too much for HD600/650 (or rephrasing, will it sound better than cheaper amps with this cans)?
Does Audioengine D1 enough with either of this options?

Unfortunately I'll be in US just for a week, don't have time to try the headphones with the amp and return if don't like them. If I decide to return I'll go home empty handed... 

Sorry for the long text and hoping to get some inputs! Tks

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #1,168 of 1,260

I currently own a Bose QC 15 and a Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP but been looking for a new headphone dedicated to music (I don't hate Bose SQ but find it too bright sometimes). I'm between Sennheiser HD600/650 or HD800 but just learned that HD600/650 have high impedance and need good amp and HD800 is super picky on the amp (I guess this means it sounds bad with some...). So it begins my research for an amp and here I am.

So my questions here are regarding the Cavalli amp... at first I was not planning on spending this amount, but after reading so many good reviews I'm considering. So questions:
Is it a good pair for Senn HD 800?
Is it too much for HD600/650 (or rephrasing, will it sound better than cheaper amps with this cans)?
Does Audioengine D1 enough with either of this options?

Unfortunately I'll be in US just for a week, don't have time to try the headphones with the amp and return if don't like them. If I decide to return I'll go home empty handed... 

Sorry for the long text and hoping to get some inputs! Tks

First welcome to the forum enjoy the ride.

I was with Warren Chi this weekend at the Chicago Head Fi meet and I think they only have a few Liquid Carbons left. 

This is  a wonderful Amp I have it on my desk for everyday listening.  I use it with Mr. Speakers EtherC and Meze  99.  I have heard it with the HD600 and the HD800 and find it a great all around AMP.

I have not heard it with the Audioengine DAC but think it should be happy with any good DAC. ( I use a Chord Mojo as the DAC for my desktop setup)

I would say that the Liquid Carbon is a great buy that you would be happy with for a long time.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #1,169 of 1,260
I use it daily with the HD800 and it's a great pairing.  In fact, I can honestly say that I didn't like the HD800 until I heard it on a Liquid Carbon.  

I used to own an HD650 and when I tested it with the Liquid Carbon (and balanced cable) before selling it, it paired very well.

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #1,170 of 1,260

I currently own a Bose QC 15 and a Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP but been looking for a new headphone dedicated to music (I don't hate Bose SQ but find it too bright sometimes). I'm between Sennheiser HD600/650 or HD800 but just learned that HD600/650 have high impedance and need good amp and HD800 is super picky on the amp (I guess this means it sounds bad with some...). ... Tks
Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet... :D
I like both the HD800 and the Cavalli Liquid Carbon together. However, you said the QC15 were bright at times, have you listened to the HD800? Some find the treble peak annoying. I personally don't have a problem with this, but I thought I would mention it to you so you are aware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back