HIFIMAN Ananda BT

General Information

Using the latest in Bluetooth technology, Ananda BT captures the digital signal as it arrives for a level of audio quality never before heard in any Bluetooth headset. The signal is then processed through a 196/24 DAC over 900kbps allowing 96/24 over the Bluetooth band.

The Ananda BT also has a USB connection for charging and to be able to run a digital signal up to 196/24 into the Ananda. The best of both worlds. The Ananda BT comes with its own carrying case and charging cable.

Latest reviews

Pros: Great sound for a Bluetooth headphone, very good battery life considering the fidelity, good build quality, remembers last connected device and automatically reconnects, comfort, surprisingly low weight considering all the onboard tech
Cons: Issues, when used wired, concerning volume and microphone, too bright LEDs that sometimes become distracting, short Bluetooth range when using a computer, steep price
Disclaimer: I have received Ananda BTs as part of Hifiman’s loaner tour

Package contents: Headphone, a very nice carrying case with pleasing smooth zippering zippers, a well detailed manual booklet, a small bag with a USB-A - USB-C cable and another USB-C - USB-C cable and a stereo microphone.
I find the 2m length of the two supplied cables perfect for most of the usage, they have the same braiding of the HE-4 but slightly thinner diameter and are not too stiff.
The stereo microphone comes in a convenient 10cm length. It has a foam windscreen and a flexible mini gooseneck that stays in position to up to 30 degrees.
I was only able to test the microphone in Bluetooth mode as for some reason both on a Windows 10 and OSX Catalina it was not working in wired mode. When both input and output are transmitted the codec is switched to low-quality SCO, a limitation of Bluetooth’s bandwidth and the quality of transmission or lack of thereof, in this case, is beyond recommended use.

The pairing process is very simple; you turn the headphone on and it starts flashing between blue and green until you press and hold the power button for another two seconds. You only have to do this once when using the same device. If you want to use another device you need to repeat the procedure. The headphone will automatically connect to the last device used provided the Bluetooth connection is enabled on that device.

The headphone has a power indicator level in terms of a red LED on the charging button and also has an audio warning when only a few % of power is left. On a mac, there is no knowing of how much battery is still left until you actually get a warning, on an iPhone however using the default Batteries widget you can see approximate %. It shows status in 10% increments (90%, 80%,…). When the battery is at 10% you get two warnings “Battery low“ within a few seconds apart.

Bluetooth range using a MacBook is around 5m (no obstacles such as walls or other structures), there were some cases when the signal was breaking up at 3m, using an iPhone however the range is much extended and comparable to the Sony WH1000XM3. In this case, I was able to go 12m away from the phone with a few walls in between.
On a windows machine using a Broadcom wifi/Bluetooth card with 2 pairs of antennas for each protocol the range was not sufficient to properly test the wireless operation, the distance I had to have the computer to receive the signal was so close that made the testing inconvenient. I didn’t have any other Bluetooth dongle available. However, I was able to determine that the response time was excellent and minimal when gaming, much better than Sonys.

Charging takes about two hours and the battery lasts around seven hours when using the MacBook as a source. Using the phone the battery lasts over 10 hours. The more detailed setup below when I start describing sound.

The button and USB-C port placement are well thought out. The microphone is not obstructed by the cable when both are connected and the USB-C port has a nice angle so the cable doesn’t rub one's shoulders. My only gripe is with the flashing LEDs. While intuitive and easy to remember they are too bright for my taste. When the room is badly lit the LEDs reflect from my glass tabletop, MacBook display and from my shoulder when I am lying on the couch. It is not too bad but sometimes it is noticeable. If this was my headphone I would use a permanent black marker to make the indicator less transparent.

The headphone’s build quality is of a high level. The important parts like the yokes and headband are made of metal, the rest is made of plastic which reduces weight and doesn’t obscure the wireless connection like metal does. There is absolutely no squeaking or any other noise coming from the headphone, the cups do swivel and the pads are soft and comfortable albeit a bit itchy. My head is too small for the lowest headband setting as there is a gap in the lower portion of the pad which sits in the neck area and not where my chin is. Adding some foam in the thickness of a thumb would make it alright. So these are perfect for those with large or better yet elongated heads due to the headband and ear-cup design and a bit less perfect for those with smaller heads. Physical balance of the headphone considering it has an onboard D/A, A/D, amplification and Bluetooth module is quite an achievement! Not for a moment did I feel one side is heavier than the other.
The weight is very well distributed. It is almost as heavy as the HE-500 spec-wise but in actual use its night and day difference. Not heavy, doesn’t put pressure on any specific points and the clamping force is ideal for me. When I look down, the headphone stays in place, especially important for a wireless headphone as one usually moves quite a bit more when not restricted by a cable.

Onto the sound. First, you need to know my specific use with the headphones. All the evaluation was done with music streaming Apple music and Tidal Master/Audirvana with exclusive access (Mac, iPhone). Codecs used were AAC and AptX via Bluetooth 4.2 and 5.0 protocol respectively. Because of the volume issues, this headphone has when using wired (see the official Ananda BT thread) I will only evaluate its sound using Bluetooth.
When I remember that this is a wireless Bluetooth headphone I am very impressed by its output but considering its price point I must evaluate it as such. Making direct comparisons and volume matching to other headphones doesn’t work due to its completely digital nature. The sound is well balanced, highs are well pronounced and are rarely too in your face, mids remind me of the sound I get from Mojo, just slightly warmish. On the lower end, the bass is there, in decent quantity and sufficiently tight. But if there is something I miss in this headphone it has to be that smooth sound and meaty bass.
The soundstage is decently wide, definitely, you will not perceive it as congested and the sound is very open, airy. It sounds like an almost perfect headphone except it doesn’t have anything special but I’ll stop here as this goes into subjective territory too much. I must add that it doesn’t indicate at any point of listening that this is a Bluetooth headphone but like a high end wired headphone. Except when you are too far from the source and it starts losing connection.

The final thoughts are as follows. The older I get, the more I strive towards convenience, simplicity and am willing to make compromises, going wireless is one of those compromises. When I first put on this headphone I felt (still do) I have been released from my shackles that are in the form of a cable. I like and hate cables at the same time. Some say that this is a niche headphone. I understand their perspective, some use full-size Bluetooth headphones for traveling or commuting. I do too actually but only for traveling and for that I have the Sony WH1000XM3s which have state-of-the-art noise-canceling for sleeping on the plane, closed-back design for no leakage in either direction and volume controls. And you know its battery status at any given time by pressing the power button for a second. But what they don’t have is the high-quality sound that Ananda BT has. But no, combining the two into one would not make it a perfect headphone. You can’t have a closed-back design and expect a wide soundstage. The Ananda is perfect for my everyday use when I move around my living room and kitchen and do everyday stuff. I have instinctively danced a few times because the sound was so good and there was no cable restraining me like a puppy on a leash. I sit behind the desk, then I go check if the water has boiled yet, then I go lay down on the couch, all that without me having to pick or do anything. It is liberating!

Finally the price. Does it sound like a 1k headphone? Possibly, not immediately apparent. I understand the cost involved in an all-in-one system. Looking from that perspective I believe it is worth its asking price. However, Sony WH1000XM3s is 350€. They have the features mentioned above and offer an analog connection. The Anandas do sound three times better but they also offer three times fewer features. At the end of the day it all comes to your specific needs and if you want the best wireless sound then get the Ananda BT, there is nothing like it on the market.

My suggestions to Hifiman’s engineers for improvements and changes:

• First of all the volume issue when used with a wired connection needs to be resolved (I posted a video concerning the issue in the official Ananda BT thread). Volume in this mode is also lower than when using Bluetooth. The volume, in general, is lacking steps for its adjustment.
  • Needs battery status like the XM3s have. Pressing the power button tells you the status. When I first powered on the headphone it didn’t show that the battery was low and I was not able to connect to them using Bluetooth even though the headphone was available in the settings as an audio device.
  • LEDs are too bright.
  • Bluetooth signal is weak when connected to desktop PCs or laptops, that is why the battery doesn’t last as advertised because it's constantly trying to find the signal.
  • Rename BT-Ananda to Ananda BT USB and HIFIMAN-BT-ANANDA to Ananda BT because it's confusing what is what when connecting to either.
  • Another issue I had when using Bluetooth and then connecting the cable was the volume would shift to the left side and the volume balance slider would disappear (OSX Catalina). I then had to disconnect the cable so the balance slider would reappear, readjust the slider, turn Bluetooth off then and connect the cable.
  • The microphone did not work in wired mode, it was detected in Windows and OSX regardless of whether I actually had it plugged into the headphone or not but no input was received. In Bluetooth mode, the microphone is very bad, worse than the phone’s internal microphone (have tested it using a phone and on Teamspeak 3) but that is mostly due to Bluetooth’s own limitation previously mentioned.
  • I would love to have an option of different pad materials in this price range. Just like people have differently shaped heads their skin also reacts differently to certain material. For an additional cost of course.
  • USB-C port on the headphone is too shallow, I tried different cables but they all go in only 2/3 of the connector. The cable wobbles a bit and I am concerned this input will not last long. The connector should go in all the way and should have some sort of retention or strain relief on the connector side where it is going into the headphone cup.

Lastly, I would like to thank Hifiman for including me on this tour, I really enjoyed listening and interacting with this headphone and writing my impressions. I foresee a great future for Hifiman and its wireless venture and will monitor its progress closely.
Last edited:
Pros: -Fantastic sound quality and detail retrieval
-Light and comfortable for a wireless headphone
-Exemplary codec support
-Good battery life
-Daring concept
Cons: -Major design flaws and weird control scheme
-Poor Bluetooth range
-Glitchy USB-connection
-Probably underpowered built-in amp
-Not for bass-heads
Intro

Hifiman sent me the Ananda BT as part of a review tour and I want to thank them for taking the pains of making such a tour possible! You will notice that despite being granted the generous opportunity to try this headphone for two weeks, I will not hold back with any criticism and will be 100% honest with you. As I already stated in the review tour thread: I sincerely believe that niche-manufacturers like Hifiman strife to make the best products they can and give their customers the best experience possible. But in order to do so, they are dependent on honest and constructive criticism, so they have a few sticking points to work on, in order to improve their next products. That's why I'm persistently pointing out the flaws and oddities that I discovered.

Now let's get this started! :)

Build quality and design

If you're familiar with Hifiman products, there are no spectacular news for you. The Ananda BT is made from the classical mixture of stamped metal, plastic and leatherette. If you've never tried a Hifiman product before: Think lower-tier Beyerdynamic headphones. That's not super-impressive, especially for a 1200€ device. To get one thing out of the way, the Ananda (BT) doesn't feel flimsy or fragile in your hands. The construction offers a certain heft and the metal skeleton (outer headband and the forks holding the earcups) seems to be sturdy. Unfortunately, the rest of the construction and materials cannot keep up with high-end standards. The Earcups housing the valuable drivers and even the metallic looking grille on the outside are made of cheap plastic. That might be helpful to keep the overall weight low, but I've never had the impression of holding a premium product in my hands. The headband adjustment is very stiff, the screw on the left earcup of my review model was too tight and the vertical swivel mechanism makes plastic parts rub against each other, scratching them in the process. The accessory pouch containing the cables is laughable and the Velcro parts of the transport case look like they've been stitched on by a 5-year-old. Dear Team Hifiman, I know someone of you is reading this. I really like your products, but please improve your manufacturing process and build quality. Thousand imperial coins are big-boy territory, where premium build and materials can and must be expected. Most sub-500€ headphones are built like tanks and come with sturdy and well-crafted transport cases. Hell, I think I could breach a door with the DT1770, but I'm terribly afraid of accidentally dropping the Ananda BT on my desk from 10cm height.

At least they don't look cheap. Quite the contrary: The giant earcups and the bold metallic grille are simple, but straight design language that tells about price tag and quality. The Ananda's design is neither daring nor very modern, but unmistakeably a Hifiman product and actually looks quite nice on my desk. Thumbs up for that!

Accessory

The Ananda BT comes in rather unassuming rubberized transport case, which contains the headphone itself plus the aforementioned accessory bag. The despicable little bag is filled with everything you need: A USB-A to USB-C cable, a USB-C to USB-C and a microphone with a 3,5mm connector. Wait, a microphone? This might be going to be interesting. But more of that later. Let's get to the practical part!

There is nothing bad I could say about the Ananda's comfort. The oversized earcups should be a delight for big-eared people but will feel quite strange if you're not used to wearing big planars on your head. Anyway, I got used to that kind of fit very quickly and wearing the Ananda BT for several hours shouldn't be an issue for most people. One thing I noticed is the uneven distribution of pressure. In my case (average-sized head, I would suppose), there is a lot more pressure around the upper parts of the earpads, which translates to pressure against my temples. That didn't turn out as a problem for me, but big-headed people should take notice.

Operation and connectivity

I feel bad for giving harsh criticism to a loaner unit, but it has to be said: The Ananda BT very much feels like an experimental product or a pre-production model at best. I've tried and owned quite a lot of wireless headphones, but the Ananda is the first device I've encountered that proved difficult to operate without reading the manual. The Bluetooth pairing process as well as the connection can only be described as fickle and usually need several attempts to work at all. The good news is that once you accomplished the task of pairing/connecting, reconnecting the device works reliably and snappy. Another flaw of Hifiman's design concept is the fact that you have to press the dedicated charge-button in order to charge the Ananda BT's battery while connected to USB-C. Another Head-Fi user pointed out that this might be a feature to prevent the headphone from draining the source device's battery. But then again, the only places where you could use an open headphone like this usually have a power source nearby. The outlandish design choices don't stop here: There is no volume control on the headphone itself and the Ananda BT cannot be connected to an amp or other audio gear via analogue connection. There is a 3,5mm jack, but that's only for the microphone, which by the way I couldn't get to work at all. That's a really baffling caveat that is beyond my understanding: You pay 1200 imperial coins for a big-ass planar magnetic headphone, but cannot connect it to your high-end audio system. Basically every wireless headphone can be connected to an analogue source, so why not this one? For people looking at the Ananda BT as more versatile alternative to the original Ananda that's a huge disappointment. Maybe if Hifiman would have built in a powerful enough amp, that wouldn't be a major problem. Unfortunately, the internal amplification is underpowered, which I will discuss further in the next section.

One good thing I can say about the Ananda BT's connectivity is the lavish support of Bluetooth Codecs. AptX HD, LDAC, AAC and even Huawei's obscure HWA codec are supported, so the quality of your signal is no concern at all. Next bummer, though: The connection is not stable. Entering the adjacent room (in my case that's 5 metres) already leads to dropouts and weird signal artefacts, which is unacceptable in 2020. My Sony TWS earbuds won't lose their signal even until I'm leaving the house and I'm absolutely expecting this kind of performance from a kilobuck full-size headphone.

The harsh criticism is over, now we're talking about the Ananda BT's main quality and that is the sound. It's slightly bright with a warm-ish timbre, a good sense of air and space and a very well-balanced overall sound signature. As mentioned before, I suspect the built-in amp to be slightly underpowered, which results in a few deviations of the BT's sound signature from the original wired Ananda. In short: Rolled-off bass und slightly shoutier upper mids & treble. Let's dive into the details!

As always, I'm starting with the low end and in this case this is a "bad news first"-situation. Probably due to the underpowered amp, there is no sub-bass to speak of. Don't get me wrong, the extension into the lowest registers is definitely there. It just lacks the presence to enjoy genres like EDM, soundtracks and modern Hiphop. The famous "wobble" in Hans Zimmer's "Why so Serious" is there, but certainly not in its intended room-shaking fashion. Listening to artists like Banks, Jay-Z, Nine Inch Nails and Deadmau5 is also quite a lean and bloodless experience, especially when you're used to that "oomph" from the lowest registers.

The rest of the Ananda's bass reproduction deserves nothing but praise. The mid-bass is slightly enhanced, reminiscent of the Sennheiser 600-series' hump, with all the speed and definition you would expect from an expensive planar. If you're not after that sub-bass wobble, the Ananda BT's bass will certainly make you happy. Modern Pop and Rock recordings, Metal, and even most Electronic music is reproduced with satisfying kick and a pleasant touch of warmth. Hell, I can even get over my sub-bass complaint every now and then and enjoy a round of Banks or Lorde with these.

The midrange is just as awesome. I cannot detect major enhancements or dips here, with exception of some added presence in the upper-mid region for that extra detail and sweetness for female vocals. Male vocals, guitars and cellos sound realistic with an ample amount of body and plasticity, greatly benefiting from the diaphragm's warm timbre. Female vocals, violins and guitar solos sound extra clear and detailed, but still sufficiently warm and organic, offering a stunningly hyper-realistic reproduction at times. One thing that the Ananda (BT) does particularly well is reproducing the sustain of electric guitars. It's probably one of the traits of big planar drivers to create this realistic sense of vibration and plasticity. Finally and unfortunately I have to point out a weakness: Probably again due to the slightly underpowered amplification, the upper midrange can sound slightly busy and compressed, if there is a lot of stuff going on there.

The slight loss of control continues in the treble, which sounds a little brighter and sharper than I would like. At this point I'm really curious to get my hands on the wired version of the Ananda, because its upper midrange as well as the treble seem to be a little more tame, at least on the measurement I've seen so far. Anyway, the Ananda BT's treble is good and I'm speaking of 1000-Dollar-tier good here. Drums, cymbals and percussion sound realistic, hit satisfyingly hard without ever sounding too artificial or metallic. The smacking of lips, hissing of air between teeth, screeching of guitar strings being pressed against the frets, everything is there in full splendour. The Ananda BT is a detail monster, serving everything on a silver plate without ever showing signs of sibilance or screechiness.

What it can become though, is strenuous over long listening sessions. Especially when you're enjoying a lot of poorly recorded Black Metal or other thinly produced music, the listening experience will become quite top-heavy over time and finally topple over, forcing you to exasperatedly put down the headphones.

Staging and imaging are very good. The stage isn't particularly wide or deep, but due to its very open construction and exemplary treble performance, the Ananda BT delivers a spacious, out-of-head listening experience. Instruments, vocals and effects all have their place in the stereo image with a good sense of air around them (with a few exceptions, when the upper mids get too crowded). However, imaging and spatial cues aren't remotely good enough for gaming, being easily outclassed by studio/gaming cans like the 139€ Tygr 300R.

Summarized, the Ananda BT is a slightly bright sounding headphone with a warm timbre, exceptional detail retrieval and very decent soundstage. It does have its quirks, but if you're asking yourself "does this sound like a 1000-dollar-headphone?", I can wholeheartedly answer with yes. I've been very critical towards many aspects of the Ananda BT, including a few parts of its sound signature.Higher price will always demand for higher expectations, after all. Nevertheless, the sound quality of this headphone is just short of convincing me to buy one and I'm awfully curious to find out what the wired Ananda can do.

Proof of concept

Wired headphones are a dying breed, although still here to stay for a long while. The Ananda BT is Hifiman's step into the future and it's an important one in my opinion. Due to current technical limitations and shortcomings, wireless HiFi headphones are still bound to a niche or dubbed "lifestyle products" at best. Hifiman's experiment clearly belongs to the former, revealing too many flaws and weaknesses in its construction, usability and design to be an easily recommendable product. However, there certainly is an audience for the Ananda BT who will appreciate the opportunity of using a high-end planar magnetic headphone around their house without dealing with wires and amps (don't stray to far away from your source, though). If Hifiman manages to improve on the aforementioned weaknesses, they might win this new market segment over in no time. I'm definitely curious and excited to see (and hear) more of them!

Conclusion

So should you buy the Hifiman Ananda BT? If you want the best sounding Bluetooth headphone on the market, yes you should. At the moment (February 2020), there simply is nothing on the market that comes close to the Ananda BT's sheer fidelity without using cables and amps. If you want a fully developed and well-rounded product offering intuitive controls, versatile connectivity and sturdy build quality, hold on to you wallets/kidneys and wait a little longer. The Ananda BT is still a couple of steps away from being a fully recommendable device.
Last edited:
Reactions: .Sup and Cat Music
Pros: - Great audiophile sound
- Wireless
- Ease of use
Cons: - No analog cable connection
Hifiman Ananda Bluetooth

Introduction

This review is part of the Ananda BT loaner tour made possible thanks to Hifiman.
Thank you for letting me be a part of it.
English is not my native language so please excuse any errors.

The impressions that follow are purely subjective and reflect only my personal view and sound taste.

IMG_20200120_174226614.jpg

As I have noted in my initial impressions the Ananda BT is identical to the original Ananda plus an extra weight of only 60gr in a total of 460gr pretty impressive considering the extra electronics inside the unit.
In daily use this extra weight isn't noticable at all and doesn't cause any comfort issues.
Build quality is the typical Hifiman with a combination of plastic and aluminium but this time extra care has been taken regarding assembly of the parts as everything is in place and there aren't any annoying cracking noises.
Quality control seems to be much improved as it should be regarding the price.
The pads are the known ones with asymmetrical design following ear shape made of velvet and leather easy replaceable by the user.
They are very roomy and fit my ears with enough space to breathe.
The headband is the same design as the original a hybrid one for even distribution of the weight.

Regarding the electronics inside there is no information available except that there is a Bluetooth receiver plus a dac chip split into two amplifiers for symmetrical amplification.
Hifiman claims that filter and analog circuit are from the same engineers who designed their top player R2R2000.
The Ananda BT is the first Bluetooth headphone in the market to support the new high resolution codec HWA LHDC offering 24/96 wireless transmission.
Of course a suitable transmitter is required and there are only a few available till now in the market.
For my part of the listening I used the usual aptx HD and LDAC protocols.
There is an extra wired USB type C dac connection with a PC or an Android device for true lossless transmission supporting up to 24/192.
Analog cable connection is NOT supported.
The headphone comes with a top quality traveling case , two USB cables the one type A-C and the other type C-C plus an extra microphone that can be plugged into the headphone for gaming and calls.

IMG_20200120_173949732.jpg

In use

The Ananda BT is an open back design so it will not block any outside noise and it is best suited for indoor use.
It does not offer any kind of noise cancelation , it is bulky and doesn't fold so this is not going to be your wireless commute headphone.
The two buttons at the left earpiece are only for powering and charging and you cannot control music playback and calls from the unit itself.
Portability aside this is a very comfortable headphone.
I used it for hours without any comfort issues regarding fit or weight , it clamps good without pressing your head and ears stay cool enough.
Battery life is lower than the one claimed by Hifiman but still good for such a headphone about 8 hours of wireless use.
When connected to a PC it has the ability to charge while playing music but the PC must be plugged to the mains.
Please note that battery must be charged for it to work with a PC connection and it will deplete your laptop / phone battery very fast.

IMG_20200120_173744228.jpg

I used the headphones mainly with my mobile phone , a Fiio M9 player and a mini PC.
The wireless protocol used was LDAC and as it is expected the wired USB connection yielded the best results by a fair margin.
The sound of the Ananda BT is more or less the same as the original wired one and even better as we are going to find out later.
This is one of the best tuned headphones in the market with a very natural timbre an even and cohesive presentation , clear and detailed reminding of a good speaker set.
All frequencies are treated equally with a slight peak at about 8khz which is audible but not overly offensive and doesn't cause any kind of fatigue.
It just adds an ethereal flavor to the overall sound presentation.

Bass extends very well down to sub bass region and it is of great quality and quantity.
It is not going to rattle you teeth and bass heads will find it lacking as this is the audiophile kind of bass.
Slam and dynamics are very good as is texture and speed.
This is not one note bass as it is very clear and tight you can hear bowings and plucking notes very easily making it for a very lifelike experience.
There is no bleeding to mid bass and transition to the mids is very even.
Mids region is crystal clear and detailed with a natural warmth and ease of presentation.
On certain recordings there is a very slight emphasis on male and female voices with the instruments just a step behind.
This is the kind of mid region that it is never forward resulting in a free flowing sound that is always sweet without fatigue.
Treble is very smooth despite the small 8khz bump and it is going to be loved by people which are sensitive in this region.
But don't be mistaken as the headphone isn't forgiving of poor quality and sometimes can get a little harsh.
There is enough detail and extension but this is the part where the wired original version excels at.
Or let me point it otherwise this is the Bluetooth connection week spot as treble extension gets a hit and becomes a little grainy and muted.
Let's not forget that despite the advertising of the opposite Bluetooth transmission is a loosy process no matter the codec used.
Wired USB connection can be a remedy to this but still the OG Ananda is the better performer.
Soundstage is the typical Ananda not overly wide but with top notch instruments separation , air and pinpoint positioning able to tackle the most complex orchestral recordings.
Now this is the part where things get very very interesting.
In my review of the original Ananda I found them a little lacking in overall dynamics and decay speed was very fast for my tastes especially in high pitched instruments resulting in a thin and very ethereal presentation with a little artificial sound.
This is not the case with the Bluetooth version as I am hearing them quite differently and improved at the above aspects.
Now the headphone is presenting ample dynamics especially in the bass region and overall decay is much more natural resulting in a fuller sounding headphone with better transients and proper notes fading over time.
It seems to me that Hifiman engineers have tailored the dac / amp sound in order to address that few shortcomings of the original headphone.
At the time of writing this review there seems to be a problem with the progression and the maximum volume of the headphone when connected to a Windows OS PC.
The issue is reported by several users and Hifiman is now aware of this so hopefully a solution will be provided sooner or later.

At the end

Hifiman Ananda Bluetooth is easily the best wireless headphone in the market with audiophile quality sound.
For my ears it is even better than the original and it can directly compete with a lot of wired headphones of the same category.
Soundwise there are no negatives especially when used with the USB cable it is one of the best presentations I have ever heard and will suit equally many music genres and tastes.
But the best part is the simplicity and the ease of use.
This is not a headphone only for the frequent traveller , but it is also a headphone for everyone who craves for big sound but doesn't have the budget or the mood or the spare time to deal with players , dacs , amps and other time and money consuming things.
With a very fair asking price you buy yourself great sound in a user friendly plug and play package.
This headphone can't get more recommend by me and needles to say that I bought the loaner unit.