AKG's discontinued ear speaker.

AKG K1000

5/5,
Tags:
  • AKG's discontinued ear speaker.

Recent Reviews

1. tmarshl
    My Last Headphones
    Written by tmarshl
    Published Dec 19, 2011
    Pros - Soundstage, Imaging, Transparency
    Cons - Require Recabling and Specific Amplification
    Well, I have tried all of the great headphones over the last few years (Stax, Sennheiser, Grado, AKG, Audeze, Beyer Dynamic, etc.) and I have returned to my all-time favorite K1000s with Stefan Audio Arts Equinox cabling - driven by a Macintosh C2200 tube preamplifier and a First Watt F1 amplifier.   What brings me back is the incredible soundstage, the imaging and the transparency of the sound.   I no longer listen to the system - I listen to the music.    What more could I ask.  I am re-listening to my entire music collection with such appreciation for the incredible performances.    I am really happy with the K1000s in this configuration.  Of course I will keep listening to other offerings (it is a hobby after all), but it will take a lot for me to switch from these great "earspeakers".
      FritzS likes this.
    1. View previous replies...
    2. musikaladin
      musikaladin, Feb 28, 2014
    3. Alex--o
      Sorry I'm sticking to the surround sound system
      Alex--o, May 14, 2014
    4. FrankyMan
      You should all carefully read the designers notes in this thread:http://www.head-fi.org/t/57805/history-of-the-akg-k1000
      No special AMP is needed to get the desired sound of the AKG K1000. I use a stock AMP w/o any mods for years now. Also, mine has been identified as 0-series (pre serial and special tested and serviced version, not sold officially) by Mr. Renner, it's clear to me, that i wasn't wrong at all.
      I record and hear excactly what i've recorded. What do i need more ?
      The best for mix checking, i can tell.
      FrankyMan, Nov 4, 2014

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!