The Audio Lounge
Jul 25, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #241 of 36,143
Perfect, exactly what I wanted to hear :upside_down: I'll jump for the metal OPUS#1 so I can start diving into full size cans but also pair it with my Lyra 2 for daily study duty

I actually think thats the best choice the metal is a bit more powerful and going for I think around 450/ 499 dollars on mass drop but not certain exactly , I am realy looking forward to your impressions compared to the fiio ....i was a fiio fan boy I have owned most of there daps x3 , x5, x7 and e12a amp but i think the opus are better, I am going to buy an opus 3 definitely at some point ...shame the opus 2 is out of my my price range lol

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #242 of 36,143
I had the X3ll for a little while and I liked the snappy UI better, but I'm all about sound so I ended up with the X5ll. Metal OPUS#1 was $440 on massdrop which is $50 less than what the X5ll + E12a cost me originally, even if the sound is close to each other it'll still be a HUGE improvement over carrying a cinder block around

Jul 25, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #243 of 36,143
I had the X3ll for a little while and I liked the snappy UI better, but I'm all about sound so I ended up with the X5ll. Metal OPUS#1 was $440 on massdrop which is $50 less than what the X5ll + E12a cost me originally, even if the sound is close to each other it'll still be a HUGE improvement over carrying a cinder block around

Most definitely its very light too and is a lovely pocket size.
but I'm hoping that when you A/B them you will possibly get or hear what I feel i hear...the x7 sounds artificial and the more I tried to go back to the x7 the less I enjoyed it , it felt like i was listening to my phone in ways, I felt that a lot has been asensuated on the x7... the only thing I think the fiio has on the opus is more body but the opus just does it so much better for me.
We all have different preferences though.

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #244 of 36,143
On a side note I spoke to someone today who has both mojo and idsd black label, his opinion was mojo was slightly more resolving but the black label was a more fuller sound and he found that he was using the black label more because his headphones paired better and was reaching for the black label more.
he did say it was close between the two though.
I still look at the idsd black label.....this hobby lol

The sound being so close is a good consideration between the two devices, but for me, it was the vast power difference. The Chord Mojo has a max of 720mW into 8ohm, whereas the iDSD puts out 4000mW (4W) into 16ohm. They both have great sound, but the iDSD will run most any headphone you want to, including hard to run high ohm ones. I had to go that way. My JVC HA-SZ2000 are like strapping a subwoofer enclosure to each ear, but only got to that level of bass when I put the full 4W to them. The M1060 I have love the juice as well. The difference in power was what swayed me when I was trying to decide between the two.

Jul 25, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #245 of 36,143
The sound being so close is a good consideration between the two devices, but for me, it was the vast power difference. The Chord Mojo has a max of 720mW into 8ohm, whereas the iDSD puts out 4000mW (4W) into 16ohm. They both have great sound, but the iDSD will run most any headphone you want to, including hard to run high ohm ones. I had to go that way. My JVC HA-SZ2000 are like strapping a subwoofer enclosure to each ear, but only got to that level of bass when I put the full 4W to them. The M1060 I have love the juice as well. The difference in power was what swayed me when I was trying to decide between the two.

I love the mojo and it runs my fostex t50rp mk3 which are the hardest headphones i have to drive .... I did and still do consider the idsd black label...it seems a trade off a bit more resolution or a bit more power/ body but i think either are a fantastic choice...im still considering buying a black label.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #246 of 36,143
I'm pretty amazed by the new KZ ZS5's at under $20. They sound really well balanced. I put comply T500 tips on and am thoroughly enjoying them.

Jul 26, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #247 of 36,143
I'm pretty amazed by the new KZ ZS5's at under $20. They sound really well balanced. I put comply T500 tips on and am thoroughly enjoying them.

I'm definitely going to buy some of these for work , my work can be physical at times hence another possible breaking situation...sounds like these are ideal because of cost.

Jul 26, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #248 of 36,143
Guys im so close on clicking buy today on the flares pro...or 1 more quad driver im not sure which yet?? But I am leaning towards the flares heavily , anyone have any input or other recommendations?got to be under £500
also nothing too bass heavy or bright up top.

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #249 of 36,143
I have just had a little chat and the flares a looking good so I have decided to order today/tomorrow latest...there isn't much out there on them at the mo but most info seems very positive and i was today told possibly comparable to Lyra 2 ballpark ...looking forward to these very much.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #250 of 36,143
I got kz zs5 today... And I have to say that these are impressive for 20$.
Didn't expect to like these so much. No sibilance at all. Which I felt in Trinity masters initially. I guess I will be using kz zs5 more than masters.

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #251 of 36,143
Question for all you audio freaks: Considering I'm on the verge of refunding (I hope) my PM6 and hunters, I've been digging around for a replacement. Considering I suffer from Tinnitus, I'm trying to look for a ported solution to save my ears. I know Empire Ears has the ADEL tech, but jesus are they ever expensive. :\ Anyone know if another IEM has similar tech? I know Isine has open back, but that's a little too intense for me.

**edit** Found Asius crowdfunding, but they're not delivering yet... A little tired of preorders. :p

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #252 of 36,143
Question for all you audio freaks: Considering I'm on the verge of refunding (I hope) my PM6 and hunters, I've been digging around for a replacement. Considering I suffer from Tinnitus, I'm trying to look for a ported solution to save my ears. I know Empire Ears has the ADEL tech, but jesus are they ever expensive. :\ Anyone know if another IEM has similar tech? I know Isine has open back, but that's a little too intense for me.

**edit** Found Asius crowdfunding, but they're not delivering yet... A little tired of preorders. :p

I can't do pre-orders anymore, if it doesn't ship within a couple days then hell to the no I'm not buying it, thanks trinity

I have tinnitus as well and hearing damage in 4-6Khz so how about you fill me in on this tech :raised_hands:

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #253 of 36,143

64 Audio

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #254 of 36,143
The new flares have supposed to have new tech that's supposed to take pressure off of the eardrum for long term listening , i don't know if that helps tinitus.
And also for those that were talking about the balanced cable for the new flares... i heard that they might be producing one in the future.

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #255 of 36,143
I can't do pre-orders anymore, if it doesn't ship within a couple days then hell to the no I'm not buying it, thanks trinity

I have tinnitus as well and hearing damage in 4-6Khz so how about you fill me in on this tech :raised_hands:
Flare Audio balances the output from front and rear of driver. Listening to their original R2Pro, it seems to work. Bass drum whacks sound like bass but there isn't that feeling of pressure build up like most IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back