The Audio Lounge
Jul 25, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #228 of 36,222
I got into a bunch of crowdfunding ventures around the same time. :p I've calmed down since...

I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound karendar honest but I'm glad I'm out of the trinity mess, the hearsay today about pm6 being another 21 days! god I feel for you guys it's enough to test anyone's patience now.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #229 of 36,222
I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound karendar honest but I'm glad I'm out of the trinity mess, the hearsay today about pm6 being another 21 days! god I feel for you guys it's enough to test anyone's patience now.

21 days makes no sense... They're really pushing everyone's patience. Bob said they'd get everything in by monday to cover the remaining batches. I really don't know what's going on... Did they outsource IEM assembly to a factory and they're having a hell of a hard time delivering? Are they using capital from other preorders to slowly assemble the missing IEM's? Are they just too busy with other ventures and are neglecting preorders? Your guess is as good as mine.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #230 of 36,222
21 days makes no sense... They're really pushing everyone's patience. Bob said they'd get everything in by monday to cover the remaining batches. I really don't know what's going on... Did they outsource IEM assembly to a factory and they're having a hell of a hard time delivering? Are they using capital from other preorders to slowly assemble the missing IEM's? Are they just too busy with other ventures and are neglecting preorders? Your guess is as good as mine.

I think any one of those is possible..when i cancelled my hunter I was disappointed I wasn't going to receive them , now i have totally no regrets and to be honest its a relief .

Jul 25, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #234 of 36,222
I don't want to carry around a stack with me this entire fall semester, the OPUS1 even has buttons so you don't have to use the touchscreen just to switch a song. How am I supposed to say no. I think the X5ll's amp is lacking, does anyone know if the upgraded amp on the metal opus comes close or surpasses the E12a?

Also what are some gripes? I don't use bluetooth or apps so just basic operational stuff. Nd how accurate is the charge time? My x5ll takes a solid 4-5 hours to fully charge from a wall socket, and never charges fully from USB due to a time charge cut-off

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #235 of 36,222
I don't want to carry around a stack with me this entire fall semester, the OPUS1 even has buttons so you don't have to use the touchscreen just to switch a song. How am I supposed to say no. I think the X5ll's amp is lacking, does anyone know if the upgraded amp on the metal opus comes close or surpasses the E12a?

Also what are some gripes? I don't use bluetooth or apps so just basic operational stuff. Nd how accurate is the charge time? My x5ll takes a solid 4-5 hours to fully charge from a wall socket, and never charges fully from USB due to a time charge cut-off

My only gripe with the opus1 is it could be a bit more powerfull , but dont let that put you off I have run fostex t50rp mk3 at full volume and it just did the job all though yes it's not driving them properly.
Also it re reads the micro sd card every time on boot up so a lot of users leave it on sleep which uses no battery at all.
Pinky powers review is spot on in my opinion, when I first got the opus i thought hmmm maybe my x7 is still better it was only when I started comparing the two that I realy started to appreciate the opus tuning and chip, the fiio just didn't sound right it sounded more artificial, the highs in the fiio were too much at times something that I have read about the particular chip inside the fiio but honestly I wouldn't have known until I bought the opus 1, the x7 has more body to the sound but the opus 1 is just so natural to me.

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #236 of 36,222
My only gripe with the opus1 is it could be a bit more powerfull , but dont let that put you off I have run fostex t50rp mk3 at full volume and it just did the job all though yes it's not driving them properly.
Also it re reads the micro sd card every time on boot up so a lot of users leave it on sleep which uses no battery at all.
Pinky powers review is spot on in my opinion, when I first got the opus i thought hmmm maybe my x7 is still better it was only when I started comparing the two that I realy started to appreciate the opus tuning and chip, the fiio just didn't sound right it sounded more artificial, the highs in the fiio were too much at times something that I have read about the particular chip inside the fiio but honestly I wouldn't have known until I bought the opus 1, the x7 has more body to the sound but the opus 1 is just so natural to me.

I'm looking for a DAP to pair with my Lyra 2 which already has huge cojones in the lows and mids, somebody push me over the edge please

Any info out there on the amp chip upgrade? I see there are about 13h left on the massdrop

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #237 of 36,222
I'm looking for a DAP to pair with my Lyra 2 which already has huge cojones in the lows and mids, somebody push me over the edge please

Any info out there on the amp chip upgrade? I see there are about 13h left on the massdrop

Sorry I can't help you there ...but honestly for me and a lot of others on the opus1 thread it's hands down there best dap , some have even quoted best dap under a $1000 dollars for sound although I think the opus 3 would have a say in that.
We all have different preferences but honestly I dont pick up my x7 with the modules anymore and it is for sale right now on gumtree uk

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #238 of 36,222
I was a bit busy when posting about the opus1 and forgot to mention I also owned fiio x5 2nd gen with e12a stack before the x7 ...the e12a is very similar to the am2 on the x7 although x7 am2 is more resolving.
The opus1 is more resolving than the x7
I also recently bought chord mojo and so far (I'm still practicing pairings with the mojo) I find for me the best i am getting from the mojo is not as a portable but as a desk top usb driven.
The opus1 still sounds better to me than mojo stacked with my galaxy s7 but mojo beats it when I use it as a desktop.
They both resolve fantastic and depending on use depends on which I prefer but they both best the x7 am2 in my eyes.

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #239 of 36,222
I was a bit busy when posting about the opus1 and forgot to mention I also owned fiio x5 2nd gen with e12a stack before the x7 ...the e12a is very similar to the am2 on the x7 although x7 am2 is more resolving.
The opus1 is more resolving than the x7
I also recently bought chord mojo and so far (I'm still practicing pairings with the mojo) I find for me the best i am getting from the mojo is not as a portable but as a desk top usb driven.
The opus1 still sounds better to me than mojo stacked with my galaxy s7 but mojo beats it when I use it as a desktop.
They both resolve fantastic and depending on use depends on which I prefer but they both best the x7 am2 in my eyes.

Perfect, exactly what I wanted to hear :upside_down: I'll jump for the metal OPUS#1 so I can start diving into full size cans but also pair it with my Lyra 2 for daily study duty

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #240 of 36,222
On a side note I spoke to someone today who has both mojo and idsd black label, his opinion was mojo was slightly more resolving but the black label was a more fuller sound and he found that he was using the black label more because his headphones paired better and was reaching for the black label more.
he did say it was close between the two though.
I still look at the idsd black label.....this hobby lol

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back