Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
May 12, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #17,881 of 22,945
am sure the inserts are dry i can't see any water from the outside ...

i don't know about the inside

i also put them in distilled water for 3 minutes before drying them

now i returned them to the rice with the silicon bag that comes with shoes box i hope it will dry :cold_sweat:

am afraid if one of the BA drivers is broken becaus my mother tried them after she took them out from the washing machine she was afraid it's broken and she said it didn't work at all.

do you think it will work fine after few days ?
Try to change the nozzle inserts first - you can't see molecules that may have built up inside the nozzle inserts.

I'm not sure if the SE846 will work, but all that you can do right now is keep trying changing the nozzle inserts, cleaning the contacts/connectors, and give it a couple/few days to fully dry.

Looking forward to finding out how it all turns out!

May 12, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #17,883 of 22,945
Try to change the nozzle inserts first - you can't see molecules that may have built up inside the nozzle inserts.

I'm not sure if the SE846 will work, but all that you can do right now is keep trying changing the nozzle inserts, cleaning the contacts/connectors, and give it a couple/few days to fully dry.

Looking forward to finding out how it all turns out!

i already changed the nozzle inserts

i was using the black filter but i changed it to the blue

i will try it again after one or two days and i will let you know what will happen

Thanks for helping me <3

May 12, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #17,884 of 22,945
I managed to buy the new Shure Lightning cable today (RMCE-LTG), gets delivered on Monday.

The salesman said there are only 20 available in the UK at the moment.

I think Shure must of passed on my details to them as I emailed them a couple of times about release date.

May 12, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #17,885 of 22,945
i already changed the nozzle inserts

i was using the black filter but i changed it to the blue

i will try it again after one or two days and i will let you know what will happen

Thanks for helping me <3
Ah okay, cool - we can knock out the nozzle inserts as possibly being the issue.

Happy to assist! I really hope it works out for you.

Good luck! :right_facing_fist: (imagine a brown-colored fist bump, hehe)

May 12, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #17,886 of 22,945
Ah okay, cool - we can knock out the nozzle inserts as possibly being the issue.

Happy to assist! I really hope it works out for you.

Good luck! :right_facing_fist: (imagine a brown-colored fist bump, hehe)

:right_facing_fist:

JtMmZGg.jpg

81MKMmR.jpg

May 13, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #17,888 of 22,945
i just took them out of the rice and tried them

they worked just like before :grinning:

thank god :innocent:

special thanks to @moedawg140 :heart_eyes:

Good news, it shows how robust these things are. I think the water was probably blocking up the 4 inch sub-bass sound guides.

I don't think I will try this with mine though, they are my current IEM of choice, beating my Westone W80 by a small margin for my taste. I would certainly miss them. :)

May 13, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #17,889 of 22,945
I managed to buy the new Shure Lightning cable today (RMCE-LTG), gets delivered on Monday.

I think Shure must of passed on my details to them as I emailed them a couple of times about release date.

Surprised there's not been more hype about this - assuming it delivers a crazy low output impedance and decent DAC - could be a very nice upgrade for iOS users. Personally, wish there was a mic-less version of it though. Looking forward to your feedback when it arrives.

May 14, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #17,890 of 22,945
How does SE846 compete in the TOTL world today, in your opinion? I sold Noble K10 Universal because bass lacked impact. People said it had great impact but no it didn't compared to a good dynamic driver.

May 14, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #17,891 of 22,945
You only want a good bass iem?
For me the bass in the shure is perfect of both world: dynamic and b.a:
Sound like a dynamic but with the best thing of dynamic. Is very transparent and is never be a veiled bass
But you need a good source, is very source depend.
The problem of Shure is the high's are not the best, and the shure make a emphacs on bass-mid frecuency; is a fun iem.
highs-soundstage is not the best

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #17,892 of 22,945

It's Monday and am waiting for your review :)

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #17,893 of 22,945
It's Monday and am waiting for your review :)

Sorry guys, I've recently bought a house and all my time has been taken up with it.

The cable has arrived and I will have a listen when I get time but I'm very busy trying to move in.

IMG_0089.JPG

Edit: quick impression:

Cable is thicker at the base compared to stock shure cable with a nice rubber texture. It's thinner than the stock where the cable splits.

The wire feels more comfortable around my ears than the stock cable.

No hiss on any music like the apple lightning adapter.

It definitely sounds better than the lightning adapter, more soundstage, music feels more encompassing and detailed.

More bass.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I have an iPad Pro which obviously has the audio jack. The music has always sounded better to me through the audio jack on my iPad compared to the lightning adapter. It goes louder too. But I would say the shure lightning cable sounds better than both.

I would rank them:

1. Shure lightning cable into iPad Pro
2. iPad Pro audio jack with stock shure cable
3. iPad Pro lightning adapter with stock shure cable.

Now I'm no audiophile but there is definitely a difference in sound and it's better, sorry for my limited reviewing skills but I hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #17,894 of 22,945
May 16, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #17,895 of 22,945
Astell & Kern AK300 or Chord Mojo?
Which one do you recommend for SE846? I'm torn between these two and I can only get one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back