Roon is live
May 17, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #181 of 701
Have you guys managed to get a discount for Lifetime membership? I'm trying to find other 2 people to go for the 3 gift membership (10% discount). Anyone would be interested?

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #184 of 701
I love this program.
Before the trial I didn't see myself paying 100 quid a year for a player, but it's one of the most satisfying upgrades I made to my setups - laptop and desktop.
It's such a clean and beautiful UI and it makes me want to read all of the additional information that it provides on artists and albums - like I did back in the day when I sat down listening to a CD and reading the booklet.

Also the recommendations are spot-on.
I have discovered more new music that I actually enjoy during the last month than I did the last couple of years.
Good stuff!

May 21, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #185 of 701
Also the recommendations are spot-on.
I have discovered more new music that I actually enjoy during the last month than I did the last couple of years.
Good stuff!

This has become almost a problem to me with Roon. I've discovered so many new artists and new records by old artists I had already forgotten, that I don't have enough time to listen to all the new music.

Just kidding though, this is only a good thing. Is there anything better than discovering a new artist you instantly fall in love with after hearing the first few tracks.

May 29, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #187 of 701
This has become almost a problem to me with Roon. I've discovered so many new artists and new records by old artists I had already forgotten, that I don't have enough time to listen to all the new music.

I on the other hand waste lots of time deciding what to listen to given so many albums to explore, and before I finish an album, I'm thinking of what to listen to next. But it's a happy predicament to have obviously.

Jun 4, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #188 of 701
interesting offers from Roon, coming.....their own end to end devices with Intel..
you can buy it in i3 or i7...or just buy the OS and have it built yourself to save $$$

Roon announce Nucleus server
by John H. Darko35 minutes ago

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/05/roon-announce-nucleus-server/#comment-143927

Yea, I just used a Sonic Transport and am pretty happy with it. It used sonic orbiter OS which is similar to ROCK that ROON uses on this. But there are windows Sonic transports in case you want to run extra software.

Jul 7, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #189 of 701
For Roon users who use the IOS remote control and wish the iOS device could serve as a player, the developer of iPeng has added the ability to use the player feature in iPeng with Roon. This effectively gives Roon playback ability through IOS devices. I’m currently listening to my Roon setup on my iPad through my mojo and greatly enjoying it.

It’s very simple to setup by simply installing iPeng 9.3 and the optional playback feature, click on enable Squeezebox support in Roon settings/setup and your idevice will show up as a squeezebox device which can be enabled in Roon.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #190 of 701
For Roon users who use the IOS remote control and wish the iso device could serve as a player, the developer of iPeng has added the ability to use the player feature in iPeng with Roon. This effectively gives Roon playback ability through IOS devices. I’m currently listening to my Roon setup on my iPad through my mojo and greatly enjoying it.

It’s very simple to setup by simply installing iPeng 9.3 and the optional playback feature, click on enable Squeezebox support in Roon settings/setup and your idevice will show up as a squeezebox device which can be enabled in Roon.

If I understand correctly, this means I can play files on my iOS device on top of those on my Roon Core?

Jul 7, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #191 of 701
If I understand correctly, this means I can play files on my iOS device on top of those on my Roon Core?

Yes you can play all the music accessible through the Roon core including your Tidal music if you are subscribed. Of course you wouldn't need ipeng for your music files on your IOS device unless you're asking if Roon will play your local files?

For any of you using IOS 11 beta there are some graphics glitches with iPeng but the player functionality works fine.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #192 of 701
This is still local network only, right? I think so, and I'd prefer not to spend $9 to find out.

Jul 7, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #193 of 701
Jul 7, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #194 of 701
Thanks for the link to that thread. It is indeed LAN only, as people are saying you need a VPN to access away from home.

One step closer to playback outside of LAN though. I'm excited!

Jul 8, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #195 of 701
Yes you can play all the music accessible through the Roon core including your Tidal music if you are subscribed. Of course you wouldn't need ipeng for your music files on your IOS device unless you're asking if Roon will play your local files?

For any of you using IOS 11 beta there are some graphics glitches with iPeng but the player functionality works fine.

Thanks. I was just wondering what it does in addition to the functions of the Roon remote app I already have on my iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back