Roon is live
Jul 26, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #211 of 701
@fordski
Here is a quote from the Roon Community forum regarding my question: "How do I know if Tidal is playing in "Hi-Fi" mode?"

brianBrian LuczkiewiczRoon Labs: CTO
May '15
"Roon queries your Tidal account for the highest-quality format you are allowed to stream, and then requests streams in that format. Sometimes, Tidal delivers a lower quality stream than what we requested."

Thank you for your reply!
:beerchug:

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #212 of 701
@fordski
Here is a quote from the Roon Community forum regarding my question: "How do I know if Tidal is playing in "Hi-Fi" mode?"

brianBrian LuczkiewiczRoon Labs: CTO
May '15
"Roon queries your Tidal account for the highest-quality format you are allowed to stream, and then requests streams in that format. Sometimes, Tidal delivers a lower quality stream than what we requested."

Thank you for your reply!
:beerchug:

@joseph69
Thanks for that info. How are you enjoying your Roon experience so far?

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #213 of 701
You're welcome.
This is actually my 3rd night listening to Roon. This time I'm listening to Roon + Tidal and discovering new music, which is priceless. Roons SQ and UI is exceptional, and the Tidal intergration seems to be working seamlessly so far as well! I can see myself purchasing both when my trial expires.

Jul 27, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #215 of 701
@DrTone
You're right about the Tidal + my library integration being very nice, I don't mind it at all. I added 2 albums to my library and I especially like that I can edit the Tidal albums as well.

You're right about the integration, I find I've gotten to the point where I hardly distinguish between Tidal and my local library except when seeking out a special album. And since have having Roon/Tidal I've only purchased a few Hd Tracks albums. Although since retiring and moving south I do miss those Sunday trips to the used vinyl stores!

Aug 7, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #216 of 701
I want a music visualizer while playing roon on a external music server, i hear that g force may work, any experience and how since a mic is not possible.

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #217 of 701
So, I jumped intp Roon with both feet. I am now waiting for my NUC to load ROCK...
Also made a hifiberry PI to serve it up to the living room.
Coming form a variety of other players/libraries Jriver foobar etc.

Loving finding new music... the radio function is great also.

Only issue I have been having is Tidal drops out every so often. Think this is my internet??

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #218 of 701
This afternoon I just purchased an annual subscription for Roon +3months of Tidal free. Tidal has also dropped out and proceeded to the next track about 3x on me as well, which is why I didn't purchase an annual subscription for it as of yet.

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #219 of 701
This afternoon I just purchased an annual subscription for Roon +3months of Tidal free. Tidal has also dropped out and proceeded to the next track about 3x on me as well, which is why I didn't purchase an annual subscription for it as of yet.

Congratulations!!! I have not looked back.
I did try to get a transferable license but that did not fly. I said with a lifetime license, it seems fitting given I could be 16 vs. 61 and have 45 more years of use :)

Aug 9, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #221 of 701
So got my NUC and m2 SSD, BUT, the memory is delayed...cant do nuthin' till the memory get here... :frowning2:

Aug 9, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #222 of 701
no one running roon core on a server and want a music visualizer on there iMac running roon remote?

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #223 of 701
So got my NUC and m2 SSD, BUT, the memory is delayed...cant do nuthin' till the memory get here... :frowning2:

I hear a lot of people are running roon on NUC. My core is on a mac mini, and controlled using Roon app on iPhone. Do you think there's any benefit getting a separate NUC to run roon?

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #224 of 701
I use antipodes audio dsgt server and yes its absolutely worth it. Get it off your iMac.

Aug 9, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #225 of 701
The big benefit for me is that I wont need to start my main computer to play music. With the NUC running ROCK it will always be ready.
Just have to wait for the amps to warm up for headphone listening or turn on the KEF LS50W.
I hear a lot of people are running roon on NUC. My core is on a mac mini, and controlled using Roon app on iPhone. Do you think there's any benefit getting a separate NUC to run roon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back