[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Mar 23, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #6,916 of 7,021
Hi guys i'm thinking of upgrading my cable to either silver dragon or black dragon by moon audio. Which would you guys recommend me for my Asg-2 Stealth ? 

I'm also thinking of changing my black color shell to red color. Where and who should i contact do mod the re-shell and how much will that cost me?

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #6,917 of 7,021
Hi guys i'm thinking of upgrading my cable to either silver dragon or black dragon by moon audio. Which would you guys recommend me for my Asg-2 Stealth ? 

I'm also thinking of changing my black color shell to red color. Where and who should i contact do mod the re-shell and how much will that cost me?
Silver

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #6,919 of 7,021

Cheaper and beri good

https://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/accessories/

It's kinda hard to find someone to do a reshell on these .. aurisonics fenders doesn't do it .
Even if you managed to find someone who are willing , I think the amount spend on the reshell will be enough for you to go source for another piece .

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #6,920 of 7,021
May i know why silver dragon compare to black dragon? How about eartip ? Comply foam will do the job or any other silicon ?

Aurisonics has been taken over by Fender now so who should i contact to change my IEM shell color mod ?

The one most super tip for aurisonics asg , even though it cost only a dollar , its seal and the fit is by far the best i could find for my asg , I find the L size works the best on my ears , too bad , that guy whom sold these tips has MIA in alibaba .. if you can find it elsewhere .

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #6,921 of 7,021
The one most super tip for aurisonics asg , even though it cost only a dollar , its seal and the fit is by far the best i could find for my asg , I find the L size works the best on my ears , too bad , that guy whom sold these tips has MIA in alibaba .. if you can find it elsewhere .

Wow those tips look awesome. I would like to get M size for those if its available but unfortunately u mention the seller was MIA. 

Holy **** if the reshell cost that much no point doing it. Sad my shell looks dull and i wanted a red devil color.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #6,922 of 7,021
Wow those tips look awesome. I would like to get M size for those if its available but unfortunately u mention the seller was MIA. 

Holy **** if the reshell cost that much no point doing it. Sad my shell looks dull and i wanted a red devil color.

i try all sizes , but not too fantastic with the M&S , the L is the answer for the perfect seal i'm in search of . It solved the seal problem after the acquisition of these rubbery red tips for the ASG , lost the yearn for other type / make tips .
The 2.0 doesn't has a red shell , but U can always go source for a red 2.5 .

I got a few M size which doesn't works wonders for me and being left eating dust and can give it to you FOC if u want .
you from Malaysia correct ? Any relative , friends working in Singapore ? I can pass it to them , or can mail it to your Malaysia address .

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #6,923 of 7,021
i try all sizes , but not too fantastic with the M&S , the L is the answer for the perfect seal i'm in search of . It solved the seal problem after the acquisition of these rubbery red tips for the ASG , lost the yearn for other type / make tips .
The 2.0 doesn't has a red shell , but U can always go source for a red 2.5 .

I got a few M size which doesn't works wonders for me and being left eating dust and can give it to you FOC if u want .
you from Malaysia correct ? Any relative , friends working in Singapore ? I can pass it to them , or can mail it to your Malaysia address .

Awesome i would love to have the M size tips, maybe they work wonders for me lols. Yes im from malaysia. I'll drop you a pm.

I called up to Jaben today to ask reshell for my unit and they said they do have that service but....... RM 13xx Holy sheet..... 

Anyone here wanna sell of their Red don't be shy to let me know :)

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #6,924 of 7,021
Awesome i would love to have the M size tips, maybe they work wonders for me lols. Yes im from malaysia. I'll drop you a pm.

I called up to Jaben today to ask reshell for my unit and they said they do have that service but....... RM 13xx Holy sheet..... 

Anyone here wanna sell of their Red don't be shy to let me know :)

I 'll get the M ready , I try to mail it by Tuesday , you try and see how if the M works on you , for me I found nothing special about the sealing on the M , S , the L size is the extraordinary one .
Actually , the original red tips ( L size ) which comes with the HTC M7 , M 8 or one max headsets works equally good too , but the HTC ones is softer as compared to these , but sealing wise is equally good on the L , try to source the HTC ones , it's look similarly and also in red , sealing on the L is equally good as well

As for the red acrylic 2.5 , your best bet should be Jmills , he should have a few pairs red sitting around .

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #6,925 of 7,021
With the right amount of EQ and volume , what will you get from a Acer aspire G7750 predator desktop powered by X79 + Sound blaster E5 + Asg 2.5 (brushed nickel) ?

As if I'm down there in the middle of the pack :point_right:experiencing Live performance .
A very very solid combination whatever I throw at it , regardless of pure music , live , spotify , YouTube , movies , Pure exhilaration !

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/tNNmZFhCvH4[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/ga-hR7CYbwQ[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/Zo8ncK_5kzc[/VIDEO]

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #6,926 of 7,021

​Yes the E5 and the 2.5 is a great combo!  I bought a second E5 for my truck, which in unbelievable.  I messed around with the 2.5 through my drum monitor, sounds great also.  The kick and the toms sound fantastic.  If I can EQ the cymbals to be a little less harsh, I may keep using them as my drum IEM's.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #6,927 of 7,021
​Yes the E5 and the 2.5 is a great combo!  I bought a second E5 for my truck, which in unbelievable.  I messed around with the 2.5 through my drum monitor, sounds great also.  The kick and the toms sound fantastic.  If I can EQ the cymbals to be a little less harsh, I may keep using them as my drum IEM's.

Band sound are the asg 2.5 / 2.0 strong points . Eq should be able to fine tune the cymbals to your liking , or maybe consider get yourself another 2.0 or Asg B ?

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #6,928 of 7,021
Band sound are the asg 2.5 / 2.0 strong points . Eq should be able to fine tune the cymbals to your liking , or maybe consider get yourself another 2.0 or Asg B ?

​I am completely sold on the hybrid IEM's for drumming.  I wish the 2.5 had better isolation.  I have a custom UE11 pro that is perfect except it lacks a little bass.  The UE11 sounds absolutely fantastic through the Creative E5 for audiophile listening.  I am going to try the Harmony and the 2.5 again today on the kit.  The Harmony also rocks through the E5, the 2.5 almost has too much bass through the E5 sometimes. 

One possibility why Fender hasn't gone back to the 2.5 is it may be too much bass for live musicians.  I'll see how the Harmony performs today on the kit.

My ideal Fender IEM would be the 2.5 with 1 mid BA, and 1 for the highs: instead of the 2 tweeters.  Hopefully Fender is listening.

I am shopping for silicone hybrid customs for drumming right now. Unique melody merlin is on top of my list although it isn't silicone.

Those of you who have 2.5 customs, is the sound close to the original 2.5?

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #6,929 of 7,021
With the right amount of EQ and volume , what will you get from a Acer aspire G7750 predator desktop powered by X79 + Sound blaster E5 + Asg 2.5 (brushed nickel) ?

As if I'm down there in the middle of the pack :point_right:experiencing Live performance .
A very very solid combination whatever I throw at it , regardless of pure music , live , spotify , YouTube , movies , Pure exhilaration !

​If you want to blow your ears out with bass, check out The Aristocrats with Brian Beller on bass.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #6,930 of 7,021
​I am completely sold on the hybrid IEM's for drumming.  I wish the 2.5 had better isolation.  I have a custom UE11 pro that is perfect except it lacks a little bass.  The UE11 sounds absolutely fantastic through the Creative E5 for audiophile listening.  I am going to try the Harmony and the 2.5 again today on the kit.  The Harmony also rocks through the E5, the 2.5 almost has too much bass through the E5 sometimes. 

One possibility why Fender hasn't gone back to the 2.5 is it may be too much bass for live musicians.  I'll see how the Harmony performs today on the kit.

My ideal Fender IEM would be the 2.5 with 1 mid BA, and 1 for the highs: instead of the 2 tweeters.  Hopefully Fender is listening.

I am shopping for silicone hybrid customs for drumming right now. Unique melody merlin is on top of my list although it isn't silicone.

Those of you who have 2.5 customs, is the sound close to the original 2.5?
Slightly brighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back