Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
Jun 29, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #303 of 1,608
USB audio out is currently working.

I listen to my DP-S1 everyday at home stacked with a iFi micro iDSD Black Label.

Have the DAP off and connected to a powered amp/DAC. Turn on DAP, play a song, select three dots to right of song, select the top left option with play triangle and sound waves, select USB audio out.

It is needed to be turned off first? Not working while the player is on?

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #304 of 1,608
Yes. But once you power on the DAP and it stays on, the USB audio out selection is always there to choose on the list even after you disconnect the DAC.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #305 of 1,608
Yes. But once you power on the DAP and it stays on, the USB audio out selection is always there to choose one the list even after you disconnect the DAC.

Ah thanks. Finally managed to get USB audio out working.
Without the USB connection I think you are not able to see the audio out option and only line out. :) So all happy now.

Noticed that cover art for DSD files go missing when you output it via USB. When playing direct from phone out displays correctly.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #306 of 1,608
Ah thanks. Finally managed to get USB audio out working.
Without the USB connection I think you are not able to see the audio out option and only line out. :) So all happy now.

Noticed that cover art for DSD files go missing when you output it via USB. When playing direct from phone out displays correctly.

Are u using xdp 30r? What dac/amp did u plugged?

Jul 1, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #309 of 1,608
Guys,

That's my first post on Head Fi, but I'll get straight to the point.
I'm looking to upgrade from my Fiio X5 (first gen) to something newer, smaller and hopefully sounding better. Balanced output is a bonus.
Pioneer caught my attention.
I'm looking for any feedback on sound quality as well as one particular feature - gapless playback.
Also, do you find the control app any useful?

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #311 of 1,608
Hi guys thinking of getting one from amazon JP would like to know if using bluetooth head phone the sound quality still acceptable?
I would say that there is no real benefit to the BT with this particular DAP. The pt of audiophile daps is their DAC and amps... And all that is replaced with low power versions inside the BT headphones. There can be better encoding, such as aptx, but nothing else matters from the source for the quality of sound.

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #312 of 1,608
Hi guys thinking of getting one from amazon JP would like to know if using bluetooth head phone the sound quality still acceptable?
Also a side note... There was a sale going on in a store in akihabara for 28000y for the onkyo... But I don't think they ship internationally, also I think the sale ended 10 mins ago because it just passed midnight and is officially Monday... I'll check tomorrow morning on my way to work... I just picked one up Sunday morning :)

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #313 of 1,608
I would say that there is no real benefit to the BT with this particular DAP. The pt of audiophile daps is their DAC and amps... And all that is replaced with low power versions inside the BT headphones. There can be better encoding, such as aptx, but nothing else matters from the source for the quality of sound.
Look like I should look at other brand like cayin N3? What I worry is serviceability of the device like cayin N3 what pioneer is a well know brand. With many service centre around the world . Btw the headphone I have is ath dsr7bt and SR5bt

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #314 of 1,608
Also a side note... There was a sale going on in a store in akihabara for 28000y for the onkyo... But I don't think they ship internationally, also I think the sale ended 10 mins ago because it just passed midnight and is officially Monday... I'll check tomorrow morning on my way to work... I just picked one up Sunday morning :)
For xdp30r Amazon JP is "cheap" compare to other sellers

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #315 of 1,608
Look like I should look at other brand like cayin N3? What I worry is serviceability of the device like cayin N3 what pioneer is a well know brand. With many service centre around the world . Btw the headphone I have is ath dsr7bt and SR5bt
Then you just use a phone, no need for a DAP, waste of money really. All of the audio processing and amplification is done by the headphone so the internals of the DAP beyond storage are wasted. I went Bluetooth headphones for portable and sold my DP-X1 for this reason, wasted money. Any decent smartphone with a nice screen will do. I love my LG G4 as a source for instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back