Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Nov 19, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #4,278 of 10,664
I'm curious as to if anyone has actually tried it with Tarkan's adapter yet.  I don't plan on getting the 2000 mAh myself as I've contacted the seller and he will not to ship to Canada anyway.

Perhaps I was not clear in my post. I am using the Tarkan bundle with the 2000 mAh battery in a 7G with the 6G thick back plate with no problems so far. I will note that taking a closer look at it now the back plate curves a bit around the area where the thickest part of the adapter contacts the battery, and the junction of the front and back plates is not flush in that area either. So, if that is an issue for you then I can't recommend it.

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #4,279 of 10,664

I'm curious as to if anyone has actually tried it with Tarkan's adapter yet.  I don't plan on getting the 2000 mAh myself as I've contacted the seller and he will not to ship to Canada anyway.

Perhaps I was not clear in my post. I am using the Tarkan bundle with the 2000 mAh battery in a 7G with the 6G thick back plate with no problems so far. I will note that taking a closer look at it now the back plate curves a bit around the area where the thickest part of the adapter contacts the battery, and the junction of the front and back plates is not flush in that area either. So, if that is an issue for you then I can't recommend it.

Good to know.  Thanks.

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #4,280 of 10,664
Nov 19, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #4,281 of 10,664

Note sure if just recently they added this 850mAh for the thin classic 160gb model. I will confirm with them and report back.

Damn I guess I should just put together my 256GB 7.5G

Received email confirmation from Milliamp that the 850mAh thin battery with Milliamp label is not available. 

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #4,282 of 10,664
https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/50726/Highest+possible+capacity+for+a+30gb+iPod+5th+gen

"[COLOR=333333]A 32MB motherboard will recognize a 240 GB hard drive under Software 1.3 but will run out of memory at around 7,500 songs. After that you can't load any more songs even though there will plenty of hard drive space left over. So anything beyound about 120GB is wasted with a 30GB 32MB motherboard Gen 5.0 or 5.5."[/COLOR]

Thanks and how can I differentiate the two boards? Any part numbers or model number? I'm looking to buy one on aliexpress.com so I prefer to know in advance.

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #4,288 of 10,664
Received this 600 mAh NuPower battery today for the Mini, so I thought why not diymod this babe too. It's much simpler to diymod the mini than diymod the video. Just my eyes have difficulty these days focusing on the tiny things.

Checked everything OK before closing the case. Plugged it into my amp, What it sounded crap. It sounded just fine before I closed the case. It turned out that the 3.5mm plug of the lod cable was not all the way into the amp. LOL.

Now it sounds awesome, and no more roll offs. 

Removed 4 caps for soldering wires. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #4,289 of 10,664

Hi dr408517,

What model of clearcase do you use? Where can I find this (on Ebay as I am french) ?
I tested many cheap clearcases but for many, dock port access is not as expected (not easy) for my Pure i-20 dock/DAC
On yours, it seams the access to the dock is very easy

Thank you

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #4,290 of 10,664

I would say yes to the combination of those five items working well together, as I have all those parts and they fit well together.

It's been answered for me before by DMinor a fair number of pages back on this thread now about the 2000 mAh battery fitting in an iPod with the Tarkan adapter:

Ok. Thanks for the input mate.

I think 850 will be enough juice as it has been for an hard disk version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back