[Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers
Feb 11, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #211 of 243
Thanks @Armaegis for adding me to the retailers list. I work towards carrying audiophile gear in a near future. If you ever need anything just PM me and I'll be glad to answer. By the way, we are located in Levis, Quebec which is actually 3 hours away from Montreal 
wink_face.gif

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #213 of 243
Any Western Canadians that have access to a London Drugs...today in their display case I saw the Sony Walkman NWZA17.

PLUS they also re now stocking FiiO X5 and X1 !!!!! Never thought i would have seen that one, i had to look three times  in case i was seeing things

So for those rare folks who use cash only, get down there. Looked like there was a few bucks off , at least the NWZA17 ( I think that is the proper model nomenclature ) had some $ off as did the FiiO DAPs, one of them. I think :p.

I also on a whim grabbed the JVC in-ears ESNSY for $19.99 instead of $40. Better than I expected.... no regrets there. Classy looking and this being the smaller drivered model they sure do not sound small in any way.

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #214 of 243
  Any Western Canadians that have access to a London Drugs...today in their display case I saw the Sony Walkman NWZA17.

PLUS they also re now stocking FiiO X5 and X1 !!!!! Never thought i would have seen that one, i had to look three times  in case i was seeing things

So for those rare folks who use cash only, get down there. Looked like there was a few bucks off , at least the NWZA17 ( I think that is the proper model nomenclature ) had some $ off as did the FiiO DAPs, one of them. I think :p.

I also on a whim grabbed the JVC in-ears ESNSY for $19.99 instead of $40. Better than I expected.... no regrets there. Classy looking and this being the smaller drivered model they sure do not sound small in any way.

Why you not on deals thread with this Joe?

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #215 of 243
Joe? LOL ok will go throw that sucker up there.

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #216 of 243
Great job @Armaegis! A very concise list for us canucks! I can only think of ExaSound and Tenor Audio that need to be added. Simcoe Sound in Barrie is a Stax dealer as well if you're adding them. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #218 of 243
Dec 3, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #221 of 243
Dec 4, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #222 of 243
Ok got it. These are all getting into the obscure "high end" levels though...

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #223 of 243
  Ok got it. These are all getting into the obscure "high end" levels though...

So you're clearly suggesting I should've known you prefer not to include obscure or high-end in your list of Canadian Companies/Retailers? Didn't realize there was fine print to read first @Armaegis. Little shot :))

You know, just because we aren't that familiar with high-end gear doesn't make what I suggested obscure in the least. Tenor and Kronos are absolute giants in high-end audio and anyone who went into the Audio by Mark Jones' room at TAVES would confirm my praises. Heck, many critics even ended up giving Mark's room "best sound" at the event. Obscure? Only to people who claim it to be.

Same goes for Wyetech Labs, with Peter from AVReviews recently using their phono preamp in his system where speakers alone typically cost over $100K. He currently has Audio Note products in his room (oh wait...you probably think AN's obscure too) with just the mono's costing $190K. This guy doesn't do "obscure". He demands the very best, and the best are never, ever "obscure". You haven't heard of ExaSound either? Are you even Canadian?:)) You should feel proud to include such fine Canadian companies to your list instead of just lumping them together as some "obscure high-end" stuff.

While you're correct in stating that my suggestions have been heavily high-end biased. It wasn't a high-end product at all that elicited your comment, which is what I find so puzzling about it (hence "all" in your quote). Instead, a very clearly Head-Fi appropriate $2K headamp brought about your "obscure high-end" thoughts? I mean it's even been reviewed by Positive Feedback and 6Moons! Oh, but it's still more rare then a glass jar of unicorn farts.

Sorry for my insolence but do you classify gear as "obscure" based solely on whether you're privy to it? If this is the case, I'd rather you not post my suggestions to your list at all then to begrudgingly add them:)) Sorry if I'm coming off as course, but I don't feel I'm out of line at all....I was just trying to help you attain a more comprehensive list and I'd rather not feel like I'm being a pita if and when another C C/R pops up.

Are you on Canuck Audio Mart? I'm sure many there would appreciate your list as well! I think what you've done is a great reference tool for us Canadians in the hobby, especially with our now very poor dollar! Anyway, no hard feelings. Like I said, it's more that I don't want to have to reluctantly add my suggestions if you don't feel the need to.

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #224 of 243
If the only time you ever encounter something is in a sound room at an audio show, it's a pretty fair to call it obscure.

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #225 of 243
Geez man, no slight intended. Just stating an opinion, and I have no desire to try and defend my words against an aggressive posture. *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back