Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jun 15, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #4,081 of 5,933
I ordered the TOTL version when the original Perkathon was going on, but the SE option seems to have been offered later (shocked that there was a SE offered AFTER they already had brought upgrade perks up to the $1700 level, approx., but I understand there is such a thing). Who knows what will happen; hopefully we'll get something good eventually...

Jun 15, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #4,082 of 5,933
I hope so. Like you I have to keep the faith, got WAY to much sunk into this to see them fail.

I'm sure we'll get everything, it just may be later rather then sooner.

Jun 16, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #4,085 of 5,933
Production may happen a lot faster than the Pulse. At one point in this long trip Larry was talking about doing production in China with a facility that does major names such as aPple. This suggests Foxconn, but that in only one guess. With today's apparently extremely tight budget, maybe the first few rounds will be done in house. Whether this is better or worse is hard to say. Certainly they will have to build and sell MANY thousands of Waves in order to recoup their investment in its (extremely long) development.

As the story goes, while I still believe that Larry earnestly intends to ship the Wave and fulfill all backers, When is still a big question. I'll get a whole lot more excited when the first people report on the receipt and performance of their Waves. I know that I won't be in the first round, or the second (assuming that the first round is the 20 or so paid beta units and the second round is the XD 128/256/SE series. I happen to be waiting for two (yes, TWO :frowning2:) X 128 Waves, one femto & THD, the other not.

J.P.

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #4,088 of 5,933
I wouldn't call the last email a "big update." It let us know that they want us to confirm our orders (yet again) and he listed who is currently on their team, mentioning that they're adding a new customer service person. I'm hoping for a big update in the email he said would be coming "around this Friday," but I'm also anticipating that I'll be disappointed. I want to see Larry and his team pull out a success with the Wave campaign, but there's not much evidence supporting my hopes. The premium DAP market has grown extensively in the last two years. It's going to be tough for the Wave to find its place.

I never received any update. They probably deleted me knowing there system capability.

Jun 17, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #4,089 of 5,933
The update is on the indiegogo product page. If you did not get the update in your email then you need to go to indiegogo and update your user profile. There is nothing that LH Labs has to do or can do about this, it is up to you to keep your indiegogo user profile up to date.

J.P.

Jun 21, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #4,090 of 5,933
New email today.

Before we begin, we really want to express our most sincere appreciation for your patience in the research and development process for the best portable audio player. It’s been quite a long ride but the current version, EP6, should be the last milestone before production as we have confirmed..

The reason why we are sending this through a direct eMail is to better communicate each configuration.
Thanks to the new order management system, we will follow up with your Wave configuration through the ordering system here.

Here is the current project status:

* Software Development. This is the most current and demanding part.
— We are finalizing the User Interface and optimizing the graphics driver. Details on the UI can be found by clicking the following link below.

— 384K PCM and DSD256 playback has been tested and has been verified to be fully functional. Jitter performance has been improved by a whopping 35% via software side however, we’re hoping to make it better before it’s finalized and before initial release.

* NAS (Network Storage Access): We have found several bugs for the Wave when accessing your home network’s music file via remote storage.
Target time to fix this:
— Within the next two weeks.

* Battery Remaining Percentage:
— The functionality is working as intended however, we are working with the battery manufacture to ensure the percentage is the most accurate as it can be.

* WiFi Performance:
— The WiFi has been improved drastically since out previous versions. In past three weeks, our newly joined team really made this part one of the best!!
— We’re planning to have our Beta software complete by the second week of July and begin sending it out to our public beta testers to ensure most, if not all bugs are removed prior to initial release.

* Hardware Part:
— We have already confirmed the P.O. price and budget with our SOM provider which is the most important part.
— PCB Fabrication for the first batch will be completed by the end of this month and the PCB Assembly will be finished within 10 days following that.
— We have found several minor bugs related to the last board so we decided to make a quick run to fixes these.
— Dual ES9028 performance is fantastic. We have achieved very solid quality for audio performance.
— mSATA performance and stand-by power consumption is the next thing we will be working on.

* The public Beta hardware release time will start during the second week of July to first week of August, (depending on different configurations). We will be having several beta testers to assist in making sure we release the most reliable and best dac out on the market.

For Geek Wave 256 / DAD Premium Backers
— Your unit will be scheduled to ship first however the current bottle neck is the new fancy chassis as this is something we do not want to rush. We have been working with the factory on sending us images of the chassis to ensure it is exactly how we want it in regards to both looks and color. We are trying to make it look and feel Top Grade but no matter what, our plan is to ship your Wave first.

Jun 21, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #4,092 of 5,933
I was wondering about the beta testers as well.
Also a bit concerned I didn't get the email...I went for the Wave perks all the way up the ladder (I understand there is now an SE version, which wasn't offered initially, or at least I didn't know about it). I've answered LH Labs surveys in the past. I hope they know I spent a fortune on this baby (assuming we really are to see one in the near future...we have gotten updated plans before that seemed like shipping is any week now...)

Jun 21, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #4,094 of 5,933
Nor have I. The marketplace site has two items.. things that I changed because they had screwed up ...duplicating Bluetooth and not adding WiFi...
AND They charged me for the change... No indication of the numerous other perks that I got sucked into. Fortunately I have historic email from the customer... "I don't care" unit.. indicating what I paid for..
And the campaign site still shows the purchases...

Whether they actually ever ship the units or not.... this has been a highly unpleasant experience.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #4,095 of 5,933
True, not much fun. And, there was some base that was offered (that I went for, I'm pretty sure), that I haven't heard about at all. Then there's the Source...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back