Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Aug 4, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #4,111 of 5,933
Maybe some but not all. I've got one on order and not a peep from them!

Aug 4, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #4,114 of 5,933
I guess there's no reason to update the rest of us who poured big bucks into these products...

Aug 4, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #4,115 of 5,933
I’ve still got a Pulse owed to me, so even if they tell you you are on the waiting list for “Waiting to Exhale”, I wouldn’t hold my breath ...

It's only just words till I get a tracking number

Maybe some but not all. I've got one on order and not a peep from them!

If you're waiting on a Source SE and haven't gotten any of the updates I'd start bugging them.

I guess there's no reason to update the rest of us who poured big bucks into these products...

That would require a level of competence that LH Labs doesn't posses. At this stage any sign of forward momentum should be shared with all so we can have a little hope of ever getting what we paid for. Then again we've been lied to enough times I wouldn't believe them anyways.

Aug 15, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #4,118 of 5,933
Unsure what Larry's latest update means in terms of completion and delivery of the Wave(s), but this section appears to contain all the unfortunate operative words:

"Currently, we are interviewing two good scale of OEM service factories. After we finish up the R&D part and design, they could help us to facilitate the BOM/PCBF/PCBA and Assembly process.

Next update will be tomorrow for project projection schedule and major bottle neck analysis. Then finish up with FAQ and answers."

So it looks like R&D is still in progress and there is a major bottle neck analysis....

Aug 15, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #4,119 of 5,933
I am so confused. The whole Headfi site has changed and I have to learn how to sue the new navigation. Everything has been miniaturized with the elderly with bad eyesight this is a BIG. PROBLEM. I have only logged on becasue of the mysterious new message from Larry re GEEK WAVE. IT is also a Table in miniaturized script impossible to read on YOUTUBE as it jumps around out of sight.
I have no idea what web pages Larry is referring as he puts no link ?????? I ordered the whole HOG the most expensive updates LONG LONG ago in the mists of time. I hope I don't have to re apply for NEW updates to get the latest which his email seems to imply Please someone with more knowledge of how THEY think advise.
I have long ago given up hoping as about 4 Indiegogo projects just have never delivered to me. TWO did and are good. Several are outstanding and keep promising Hmmm. Teaches me right for being an old fashioned trusting fogey.
I am nearing 70 and have become so pessimistic about the human race that it seems to me that if it wiped itself out with climate change that would be good as despite all our supposed humanistic civilizing achievements many of which I enthusiastically taught about before, we are just as EVIL as ever. And I am not religious.

Aug 15, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #4,120 of 5,933
I am so confused. The whole Headfi site has changed and I have to learn how to sue the new navigation. Everything has been miniaturized with the elderly with bad eyesight this is a BIG. PROBLEM. I have only logged on becasue of the mysterious new message from Larry re GEEK WAVE. IT is also a Table in miniaturized script impossible to read on YOUTUBE as it jumps around out of sight.
I have no idea what web pages Larry is referring as he puts no link ?????? I ordered the whole HOG the most expensive updates LONG LONG ago in the mists of time. I hope I don't have to re apply for NEW updates to get the latest which his email seems to imply Please someone with more knowledge of how THEY think advise.
I have long ago given up hoping as about 4 Indiegogo projects just have never delivered to me. TWO did and are good. Several are outstanding and keep promising Hmmm. Teaches me right for being an old fashioned trusting fogey.
I am nearing 70 and have become so pessimistic about the human race that it seems to me that if it wiped itself out with climate change that would be good as despite all our supposed humanistic civilizing achievements many of which I enthusiastically taught about before, we are just as EVIL as ever. And I am not religious.
Yeah, I hate people too. But, as a blind guy, I found the new site to be even better than the old one, although I almost left in a fit of peak when it was changed.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #4,121 of 5,933
The update reads more or less like the old ones...the fact that Larry continues to update makes me think they still plan on releasing the Crowdfunded gear (if they weren't, I'd think you just keep your mouth shut and head for Mexico). Of course, nothing in the update sounds like we are getting anything any time soon...
Mostly did OK with other crowdfunded things I went for (not that many), but LH Labs pretty much ended my participation in these.
Looking at the Indiegogo site, it's not clear to me if we have to submit our order info yet again. It's also not clear to me even what I'm getting-at the time of the perk-a-thon, I was in for the TOTL version of the Wave, to the tune of about $1800 (boy, what I could have done with that, and had something to use all this time, oh well). Now, the listing is for a SE model, which I don't recall seeing when the Funding was active (The Geek Out had an SE offer, but not this, not as separate and distinct from all the upgrades). So, the fun continues...

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #4,122 of 5,933
XD 128 Carbon Fiber Signature $288 USD
You like the look of carbon fiber, don’t you. And you like jamming to the sound of 1000 mW of crazy music goodness, don’t you. Well, my friend, as long as you’re a Geek Wave XD 128 backer, you can choose this here perk to turn your XD 128 into a 1000 mW carbon fiber music player to end all music players. You’ll be able to switch the 1000 mW boost on and off so you’re not using precious battery power when you don’t need it. KA-BOOM! Remember, this is for Geek Wave XD 128 backers only.

As you can see it turned out to be nothing special at all. Just more wasted money

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #4,124 of 5,933
XD 128 Carbon Fiber Signature $288 USD
You like the look of carbon fiber, don’t you. And you like jamming to the sound of 1000 mW of crazy music goodness, don’t you. Well, my friend, as long as you’re a Geek Wave XD 128 backer, you can choose this here perk to turn your XD 128 into a 1000 mW carbon fiber music player to end all music players. You’ll be able to switch the 1000 mW boost on and off so you’re not using precious battery power when you don’t need it. KA-BOOM! Remember, this is for Geek Wave XD 128 backers only.

As you can see it turned out to be nothing special at all. Just more wasted money

pretty sure I went for that, but I don't remember the Signature part (I went for every offer...). It's been a while, maybe just don't remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back