FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #6,421 of 7,931
Comply reduces the punch and slam. White silicone tips increases slam. Blue nozzle reduces treble hotness quite a bit.
Thanks. I will try Crystal Tips then.
I also have ordered the crystal silver cable from LMUE. Any burn in needed for the cable?

Jun 12, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #6,426 of 7,931
Crystal tips are quite nice, my favorite foamie. Don't know anything about the cable unfortunately, but I generally don't believe in burn in for something like a cable.
Thanks Dlayman. Awaiting shipment, this is what they said at LMUE. I hope changing the cables is not complicated.

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #6,429 of 7,931
Not complicated, just take your time. The pins might be pretty snug. Just use steady pull and don't twist. The same with inserting the new cable. Its certainly easier than changing the filters.
I did as you explained. Was easy. I found the silver cable to "clarify" the sound. I like a lot.
On the other side, even using Large size for the crystal tips, I am unable to get a proper seal. To me the Comply or even the silicone tips look much bigger.

Jun 14, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #6,430 of 7,931
I think the Comply tips are a bit bigger, they tend to be too big for me. And I used the small silicone tips when I used them. Too bad the Crystal tips didn't work for you. I use them on all my IEM's.

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #6,432 of 7,931
After over 100h or burn in I have moved from red-gray-gold to red-gray-green as Forrest himself suggested and I have to say this the best sound I have got so far from my DX2000. I love my FLC8S :o2smile:

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #6,433 of 7,931
Will there be any upcoming next model after FLC8S? I'm too afraid that once I buy it, the newer model suddenly comes out and I need to be pain missing the latest model.

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #6,435 of 7,931
As far as I know, Forrest ist still working on the Celeste which will be a top of the line hybrid in-ear.

Thanks for info. I will wait for it. Quite regret that this brand has no dealer in my country.

Is there any recommended store to test out FLC8S?, I mean in Singapore or Hong Kong. I might find some time to go test once I traveled there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back