Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 29, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #8,315 of 15,897
You're not the only one ... there seems to be a 15min Timer that is going to shut down WiFi ...
Experienced it while streaming from a website ...

But I did not find a way to avoid this so far ...

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #8,316 of 15,897
You're not the only one ... there seems to be a 15min Timer that is going to shut down WiFi ...

At least the time is questionably acceptable. The feature is probably there to save battery in case someone forgets it turned on.

Man, the activity on a lot of threads has taken a HUGE hit:left_facing_fist:

Some related vids for folks who come here confused and more confused

and a compare

Thank you, your videos are always very useful for us!

As for activity, well... let's hope things will get fixed soon!

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #8,317 of 15,897
Hi all,

I just thought that I would update you on my quest to connect my Fiio X5 3rd Gen with my XPS 9550.

Like many here, my X5III refuses to connect with my USB 3.0 ports, however, fortunately I found that I could connect it via USB-C.

Originally I connected it using a fly-lead adapter and then by an adapter head, but I wanted a dedicated cable.

I tried two cables from Amazon, an 'Ultrics' cable and a 'Vandesail' cable, two manufacturers that I have never heard of and both cables failed to be recognised.

I then did a little Googling and found that there are some very dubious cables being sold by Amazon none of which meet USB-C standards and may potentially damage your equipment, so I sent both back for a refund.

I just took delivery of a Belkin cable that works perfectly, my X5III connects and maintains a full working connection.

Therefore, I can confirm at least for me, that the X5III is fully compatible with USB 2.0 and USB-C, but not USB 3.0.

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #8,318 of 15,897
I am not having any issues with USB 3.0 using the cables that came with the X5iii. Win 10 Pro.

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #8,319 of 15,897
Am I the only one getting troubles with WIFI ?

When I'm listening to webradios with different apps the streams get cut off after 15 minutes (I timed it).

Would you know what to tweak to avoid this ?

Regards.

Go into wifi settings, select the menu from the three dots icon at the top right, select advanced and set Keep Wifi on During Sleep to Always.
That (mostly) worked for me.

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #8,320 of 15,897
Go into wifi settings, select the menu from the three dots icon at the top right, select advanced and set Keep Wifi on During Sleep to Always.
That (mostly) worked for me.
Thanks for that tip!!!!

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #8,325 of 15,897
The thing that bothers me with the new layout is that I am no longer getting notifications. Subbed and logged in on multiple forums but no notifications. ??????????

There is a setting. I get email alerts which I never had set up in the previous design. Alerted me to your post.
the 3 bars next to "home" top left. It's under a huge banner....can't miss it (banner I mean :wink: )

Home>>>settings>>>>>alert preferences

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back