Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Apr 28, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #241 of 2,460
@ nmatheis My patience seems like endless :D considered Sony A15 but then Sony A35 got announced, then Cayin N3 was almost released so waited longer. I did order an N3 but canceled it. Still waiting for it to be sold by a reliable shop in Europe.

But now with M2s released i got another option to doubt about.

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #243 of 2,460
There are a ton of good options at the sub 200 dollar point right now. And fiio x3iii should be coming too.

Oh I finally got my order placed, they even asked me what carrier I wanted. And I think I'm getting a free case also. Yippie!! It is just so damn cute, I had to order it!

I think what blows my mind is how tiny these shanlings are and they have decent output and good DACS. I mean in Nik's video the M2s looks quite a bit smaller than N3 and N3 is pretty damn small.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #246 of 2,460
ok, I already have enough DAPs right now so this is purely greed. I am really digging the form of the M2S. I had the M2 and liked its sound. I am considering this against the N3. Both have great reviews and testimony. The M2S is looking really nice...size, design and UI. The N3 looks a little dated against it. But it comes to sound after all, still waiting to see the Fiio X3 3rd gen to come out. Great time to be shopping.

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #247 of 2,460
ok, I already have enough DAPs right now so this is purely greed. I am really digging the form of the M2S. I had the M2 and liked its sound. I am considering this against the N3. Both have great reviews and testimony. The M2S is looking really nice...size, design and UI. The N3 looks a little dated against it. But it comes to sound after all, still waiting to see the Fiio X3 3rd gen to come out. Great time to be shopping.

One can never have enough DAPs. LOL. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #248 of 2,460
I have to say the guy from Shenzenaudio- Stephen is really on the ball. He said they don't have any black cases right now but will ship me one at no charge when they get one in and they will ship my unit today.

Excellent communication and a free case to boot!

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #250 of 2,460
Oh yeah, Shenzhen Audio is legit. I'm hoping Shanling finds a US distributor, though.

Yeah, I'm surprised they don't have one. Their players seem to be pretty popular and this m2s seems like it would be an idea mojo transport, and a nice quality small dap to travel light with. I'm pretty excited to get mine.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #251 of 2,460
Got the M1 and love versatility, sound and UI. Looks like I'll be picking this M2s as well and seems to be a perfect size to stack with the Mojo. Does Shenzenaudio sell out of eBay?

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #253 of 2,460
Idk I've just never ordered from Shenzenaudio before and just feel more comfortable ordering through eBay. Are they offering a free case for headfi users?

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #254 of 2,460
Received an email on Friday evening, saying that my Blue M2s has shipped.
When the leather cases are available, they will be sending a Blue Case to me, as well.

I like the M1, so I'm looking forward to hearing / using its big brother. :ksc75smile:

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #255 of 2,460
Idk I've just never ordered from Shenzenaudio before and just feel more comfortable ordering through eBay. Are they offering a free case for headfi users?

I know the Free Case was being offered to people who pre-ordered the M2s, but I haven't heard about a Head-Fi specific promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back