Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Apr 29, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #257 of 2,460
@DBaldock9 - Glad yours will be there soon. It'll be nice to get more conversation about it from peeps with real-world experience. And we can compare our thoughts on pairing it with our ever-growing earbud collections, amirite???

Yep, currently thinking about taking advantage of the discount that AK Audio Store is offering on the debut of the Svara L earbuds w/MMCX connector. (See: @BloodyPenguin's Earbuds Anonymous Facebook Group)

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #258 of 2,460
Received an email on Friday evening, saying that my Blue M2s has shipped.
When the leather cases are available, they will be sending a Blue Case to me, as well.

I like the M1, so I'm looking forward to hearing / using its big brother. :ksc75smile:

Got an email last night also saying mine shipped. That was pretty damn fast since I didn't pay till yesterday. I had to call my bank yesterday to get them to approve the transaction. Wonder who's going to get theirs first :)

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #260 of 2,460
I am listening right now to Shanling M2S thanks to my friend Micah and the guys at Shanling. Thank you.
Still too early for me to talk about it,but Nobody will be disappointed i am sure,for the first time I can say that you get more then you paid for.
Powerful, detailed a little bright sound but i have nothing to complain.
Build quality is fantastic at this price point and the screen is awesome,very detailed 310 ppi.
This is definitely going to be a huge succes.The volume pot works with the screen off, i like that and the player is same size as a Oyster card, the card being few milimiters wider.I am yet to try DSD,will add a photo later, can't do it using my phone , error.
Back to listening now :)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #261 of 2,460
@musicday - Glad you've got one in your hands. You find it bright? I've got to listen to something besides IT03 today and see what I think. I wouldn't at all call it bright with those IEM. Treble could use a bit of smoothing, but I have a feeling that will come soon with a bit of burn in. Just a feeling.

9934788.jpeg

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #263 of 2,460
That's great @DBaldock9. I'll look forward to your thoughts on both the M2s and Svara then!

The Svara L has been placed in my AliExpress Shopping Cart, and I sent a message to AK Audio Store, to see if the promotional discount is still available. I hope to order them in the next day or two.

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #264 of 2,460
@musicday - Yes, a lot of confusing changes here lately. To add a picture from file, you have to use the "upload a file" feature on desktop. On mobile, I get a security error when trying to upload pictures, so I'm forced to use URL. The picture I used here is actually a link to a picture I posted in the "portable rig pictures" thread. Really frustrating that we can't do simple things like upload a picture via mobile. Hoping these issues are fixed soon!

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #265 of 2,460
Yes i find it a bit bright but that's not a problem, i am sure after a while the sound will settle . Once i will get my Hugo2 i plan to use it together. However i really like M2S so far.
P.S. how did you added the photo as i can't add one even using the laptop.

For your P.S. question - Beside the Post Reply button, should be an Upload a File button.

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #267 of 2,460
Has the upload a file button worked for you on mobile @DBaldock9?

No, when I tried to post the image of my rewired Qian25 last night, I had to email the photo to myself (USB file transfer on my Nexus 5 is acting a bit wonky right now), and post from my PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back