Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 26, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #33,166 of 42,765
iOS 11 is out as a public beta. Anyone willing to take a chance? A lot of us are counting on iOS 11 to put the drop outs behind us. I'm on hold for now.

I ran the first iOS 11 public beta on an iPad pro 10.5 for 2 weeks without a single dropout. Used USB 3 CCK, TIDAL, MUSIC app and a Hugo 1.

Similarly I tested the first development beta on an iPhone 7 for several days without dropouts.

My daily device is an iPhone 6s+ and that is currently working fine with 10.3.3. I don't plan updating that to iOS 11 as I would lose some 32 bit apps and 11 doesn't seem to add anything. However I will be buying an iPad Pro 10.5 next week and will go straight to iOS 11 as iPad features are vastly improved.

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #33,169 of 42,765
There is a section about battery and charging, within the FAQ in post #3.

I suspect your battery is fully depleted, so try this advice from post #3
Q .... I am thinking the battery is not holding any charge.
A from Rob Watts : Try charging overnight with the unit off. The charging circuit looks at the state of the battery before charging. If the battery has a very low voltage, it will trickle charge the battery until it gets to a safe voltage, and then full charge will commence. This trickle charge mode can take several hours, and it is done for safety reasons, and it will appear that the battery is not working as the trickle charge mode takes some time. When in this mode Mojo must be off.

I read all that section before posting and i'm aware of the trickle charging.. I tried in 2 different nights with the mojo switched off - like 10-12 hours - and with 2 different chargers and not a sign of current in the batterry. I will try today one more time with a third charger and if it doesn't work could it be a failed battery?

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #33,170 of 42,765
I read all that section before posting and i'm aware of the trickle charging.. I tried in 2 different nights with the mojo switched off - like 10-12 hours - and with 2 different chargers and not a sign of current in the batterry. I will try today one more time with a third charger and if it doesn't work could it be a failed battery?
Make sure the charger is at least 1A. Better to use a 2A charger just to be sure, because they don't all output what they are rated. Good luck!

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #33,171 of 42,765
Supervisor, indicators color is not the main issue. The main issue is that theres is a very slight or near no difference between mojo or no mojo when playing flac and 320mp3. Is your point is that theres no point of using mojo with flac and mp3, only with higher resolution files?
Have you tried various types of tracks? I mean types that emphasizes differing parts of the sound spectrum. I try all kinds, rock, pop, compressed, dynamic, simple interviews, movies, bla to see how natural the output is in various circumstances.

It may just be that your headphones really don't benefit from the Mojo. I use iems, and I think for certain iems(ciem in my case) mojo can make a difference. It was the same case with the hugo. I liked it with iems, but for full sized, dunno...

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #33,172 of 42,765
Have you tried various types of tracks? I mean types that emphasizes differing parts of the sound spectrum. I try all kinds, rock, pop, compressed, dynamic, simple interviews, movies, bla to see how natural the output is in various circumstances.

It may just be that your headphones really don't benefit from the Mojo. I use iems, and I think for certain iems(ciem in my case) mojo can make a difference. It was the same case with the hugo. I liked it with iems, but for full sized, dunno...

That would be a huge generalization. I have plenty of full sized headphones I enjoy very much from the Mojo, more than my IEMs. Different flavours for different people, but I wouldn't go as far as to imply that full sized headphones, generally speaking, aren't fine with the Mojo.

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #33,174 of 42,765
With that said, I tried Hugo as a preamp(or LO or whatever have you) for full sized also, pretty lousy if you tell me. Save your monies for a nice amp for a full sized.

What's a Hugo got to do with anything? The Mojo and the Hugo have the same power specs. Also, with both, the line-out mode is just a volume preset and nothing is changed or bypassed. Anyway, if you like your headphones from an amp that's great, but the general idea that full sized headphones aren't good with either unit will be different from person to person.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #33,175 of 42,765
My mojo is working great with UAPP on my S8+ but I am unable to channel any other audio to it, say from bandcamp or youtube. I have tried "prevent usb audio routing" and I have also tried to select different options in "use usb device for" but none of it seems to work. Is anyone else getting Mojo to work with apps other than UAPP on S8/S8+?

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #33,176 of 42,765
My mojo is working great with UAPP on my S8+ but I am unable to channel any other audio to it, say from bandcamp or youtube. I have tried "prevent usb audio routing" and I have also tried to select different options in "use usb device for" but none of it seems to work. Is anyone else getting Mojo to work with apps other than UAPP on S8/S8+?

The USB Driver in UAPP tends to grab, and keep the USB port.
You have to make sure UAPP is stopped completely, before other apps can stream data out of the USB port.

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #33,177 of 42,765
Just tried Tidal masters. Switching on and on between mojo and mac's output makes absolute absolute zero difference. Sounds exactly the same.

some people can’t hear a difference. your ears, your equipment... I’m just telling you nothing is wrong with a Mojo if the color is red. that is normal for all 16/44 audio and below (320kbps)

whether or not you can personally hear a difference between a 320 mp3, uncompressed 16/44, or Tidal Masters is not really something we can assist you with

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #33,179 of 42,765
Anybody know where you can cheap short usb cable Hugo to Android USB type c? Or mini as I have a mini to c adapter.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #33,180 of 42,765
some people can’t hear a difference. your ears, your equipment... I’m just telling you nothing is wrong with a Mojo if the color is red. that is normal for all 16/44 audio and below (320kbps)

whether or not you can personally hear a difference between a 320 mp3, uncompressed 16/44, or Tidal Masters is not really something we can assist you with

I tried it with my friends who are into hi-fi quite seriously, we tested it on 10K audionote system, and we couldn't detect any difference. Its hard to believe that people wow'ing this dac so much and i cant hear a thing. I bought it second hand. First dac was faulty, and this one is replacement (also used), so maybe something was done to it, not sure what to think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back