Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 23, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #33,136 of 42,765
Im am really sorry if the question has been answered but I cant find it. Read a long time in this thread.

I am looking for an angled short quality cable to connect my Moto play Z to the mojo.
Without adapter that would be USB-C male otg to usb micro male or to coax 3,5mm. I cant find such cable despite this one https://www.amazon.de/BlueBeach-Typ...00820006&sr=8-15&keywords=USB-C+otg+usb+micro.

As the Mojo has such high quality I want to use a quality cable. Looked up audioquest, phonosphie.AQVOX. and some more....etc but with USB C there seems to be no such thing. Strange.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me or would you buy the cheap cable or annother solution?
This is the cable that I use to connect my Shanling M1 (usbC OTG) to either my mojo or hugo 2 http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=98

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #33,138 of 42,765
This is the cable that I use to connect my Shanling M1 (usbC OTG) to either my mojo or hugo 2 http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=98
Thanks! I choose flat under category "braid" is this correct?

Thx a lot. I looked up amazon but in .uk and .germany the item is not sold. I may order it directly from Hongkong. As I need 2 will try out both recommendations

Jul 23, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #33,139 of 42,765
Since some ask from time to time how the Mojo compares to other DACs, here's my own personal ranking of DACs I have owned.

The DAC/amps were primarily compared in DAC only mode. The amps in some DAC/amps can significantly color the sound, though this doesn't apply to Chord. Note that the list does not necessarily reflect objective performance so much as subjective preference.

1. Chord 2Qute
2. Chord Mojo
3. Schiit Modi Multibit
4. JKenny Ciúnas DAC
5. iFi micro iDSD
6. JDS Labs OL DAC
7/8. Schiit Modi 2 / Schiit Fulla 2
9. Schiit Fulla
10. Creative Sound Blaster E1

Jul 24, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #33,140 of 42,765
Thanks! I choose flat under category "braid" is this correct?

I just checked the details when I ordered my cable:
FAW Copper Series/Pyre Android Digital LOD:
  • Braid : Flat
  • Cable/Length : 30cm
  • Copper Series (UPOCC Copper)
  • Insulation : Semi-transparent black
  • Sleeving : None
  • USB (1nd end) : USB C-type (OTG enabling)
  • USB (2nd end) : USB micro-B (Gold Plated)
Yes 'flat' is correct for the braid. :relaxed:

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #33,141 of 42,765
New John Franks interview on headfonia:
http://www.headfonia.com/q-n-a-saturday-chord-electronics/

In my opinion, you're wrong. A dedicated source is way more convenient than Poly. Poly+Mojo is fragile, weird in size and form, and depends of other devices.

I'm not saying Poly is a bad product. If we look at it like an streaming/dlna/wireless module then it's the perfect product, but if we look at it like a DAP sustitute then it's not more than a patch.

I'm sure many will enjoy it and find it useful. But it's not a sustitute of an autonomous portable player.
I think you can state that the best hand and visual interface that has ever been developed is on is on current smartphones it's really no surprise because billions of dollars has been spent in developing it. Also that you can take for granted that everyone on the planet has a smart phone in their hands for ninety percent of their waking hours so why would they want to put their phone down and pull out a player that has a clunky old interface and then they'd have to fiddle about with that interface and then put their player down to pick up their phone again. I personally feel that your logic simply has not been thought through properly. Poly is not as you state wrong, actually it's is so very right that I'm sure that even you will come around to the concept soon enough well I'm certainly expecting you too as we've invested a fortune in bringing you Poly

Jul 24, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #33,143 of 42,765
I think you can state that the best hand and visual interface that has ever been developed is on is on current smartphones it's really no surprise because billions of dollars has been spent in developing it. Also that you can take for granted that everyone on the planet has a smart phone in their hands for ninety percent of their waking hours so why would they want to put their phone down and pull out a player that has a clunky old interface and then they'd have to fiddle about with that interface and then put their player down to pick up their phone again. I personally feel that your logic simply has not been thought through properly. Poly is not as you state wrong, actually it's is so very right that I'm sure that even you will come around to the concept soon enough well I'm certainly expecting you too as we've invested a fortune in bringing you Poly

All the DAP has to do is play music, who cares if the interface is old and/or clunky? Poly is certainly a neat idea, but the fact is that it doesn't save you from carrying around two devices anyways. And I'm wondering what will be the impact to the phone's battery life with continual wireless streaming, of which wouldn't be a concern with a standalone DAP.

I'm not saying the Poly shouldn't exist, I'm sure there's an audience for it. But there's still plenty of us who want a standalone Chord DAP.

Jul 24, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #33,145 of 42,765
Is it only recommended to charge at 1amp only? If you use a wallwart that outputs 5v 2amp would it shorten the battery life much quicker?

I use a Samsung fast charger, and it adjust to the phone's fast charge requirements, but for the Mojo does it limit the current intake to certain rate?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #33,146 of 42,765
Is it only recommended to charge at 1amp only? If you use a wallwart that outputs 5v 2amp would it shorten the battery life much quicker?

I use a Samsung fast charger, and it adjust to the phone's fast charge requirements, but for the Mojo does it limit the current intake to certain rate?
No it only draws what it needs when charging so you'll be fine. The mojo requires a minimum of 1 amp to charge.

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #33,147 of 42,765
Ok, more questions. I notice that there are 2 usb ports, named micro usb and charging port. Question is, if you have it plugged to micro usb, is there power going through it to charge while listening to it on the computer?

Or can it only be charged through the charging port? In other words, do I have to have two of them plugged in to use it and charge at the same time?

Does it really take 10hrs to charge the battery from empty?! This thing is so small, how big can the battery be to take so long?! What is the max current limit it takes in? If it's charging at it's current limit, is it drastically shorter time to charge?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #33,148 of 42,765
Ok, more questions. I notice that there are 2 usb ports, named micro usb and charging port. Question is, if you have it plugged to micro usb, is there power going through it to charge while listening to it on the computer?

Or can it only be charged through the charging port? In other words, do I have to have two of them plugged in to use it and charge at the same time?

Does it really take 10hrs to charge the battery from empty?! This thing is so small, how big can the battery be to take so long?! What is the max current limit it takes in? If it's charging at it's current limit, is it drastically shorter time to charge?

The charging port only takes power, and no data. The data port takes data, and you can not charge from the data port. This is so you can control when the device is charged vs always being charged when using it with the USB data port.

When the white charging light below the power USB port goes out then it's charged, no need for the 10 hours. The charging circuit will determine the Current it needs, but you need a minimum of 1A Current to charge it.

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #33,149 of 42,765
Ok, that makes sense. You have more of a control over when it should be charged.

One more question. What's up with the short USB cable? It's not useful for me to connect to my phone? Makes no sense since it's too short of a usb cable for charging or computer usage, and the connector isn't for direct connection to android phones. What was the reasoning behind this one?

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #33,150 of 42,765
Makes no sense since it's too short of a usb cable for charging or computer usage, and the connector isn't for direct connection to android phones. What was the reasoning behind this one?
- Charging from a portable battery pack.
- Connecting to your laptop
Who needs dangling wires, when mobile. These are MObile-JOy, afterall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back