Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 25, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #33,151 of 42,765
Hey guys is there any working lightning to micro USB cable for iPhone v10.3.3?

Jul 25, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #33,152 of 42,765
iOS 11 is out as a public beta. Anyone willing to take a chance? A lot of us are counting on iOS 11 to put the drop outs behind us. I'm on hold for now.

iOS 11.png

Attachments

• iOS 11.png
    iOS 11.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #33,153 of 42,765
Hey guys is there any working lightning to micro USB cable for iPhone v10.3.3?
There are a few posts stating that 10.3.3 works ok with the new CCK3 cable, but not everyone reports 100% success.
So things are looking more promising, but you may want to wait and see what feedback arrives when people have tried the iOS 11 beta.

[edited] 10.3.3 https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-advanced-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►specs-in-1st-post-◄★☆.831347/page-119#post-13622413

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #33,154 of 42,765
There are a few posts stating that 10.3.3 works ok with the new CCK3 cable, but not everyone reports 100% success.
So things are looking more promising, but you may want to wait and see what feedback arrives when people have tried the iOS 11 beta.
I am not totally sure what CCK3 is but I bought a CCK cable from Apple last year and at the moment it works fine. What I was asking for was a short cable which is lightning connection on one end and micro usb on the other end. Issue with CCK cable is it doesn't look reliable when it is attached to another cable because the USB cable puts a lot of weight on the fragile lightning end and it also creates a lot of bulk which is against the purpose of MObile JOy. I bought the cable accessory pack. But this time the iPhone extension module forces me to remove the beautiful case which I also bought. What I do right now is carrying the pelican case came with my Shure SE846, stuffing Mojo, a bunch of cables and CCK and IEMs in it.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #33,157 of 42,765
Hi all. Getting ready to pull trigger on the Mojo and I see a few sellers on Amazon: FatWyre, Audio Advice, Audio Advisor, etc. Do you (U.S-based) folks recommend a particular seller (preferably one that is flexible with returns, repairs, etc)? If they're not on Amazon, that's fine too, just wanted to find a good, reputable seller. Thanks!

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #33,158 of 42,765
Tonight I am listening to Keith Jarrett's The Koln Concert, a 96K digital download I purchased a few years ago. I'm using Foobar on Windows 10. Foobar reports a sampling frequency of 96K but the Mojo is red indicating 44K. Any thoughts why that is?

Are you using the Foobar wasapi component? If yes then check that you don't have resampling active.

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #33,159 of 42,765
I need a little troubleshooting.. my Mojo is 1 and a half years old, and I used it mostly as a desktop dac for my PC, plugged in almost all the time (shared the charger with my phone)
Atm i'm on a trip and I didn't used it the last 2 weeks and it seems that it's discharged.. I tried leaving it overnight turned off(with 2 different chargers and cables) but it still doesn't start, and the charging led doesn't light up when it's plugged in. It starts only if its plugged in and seems to work fine but it makes a t t t t t t t t sound at the start when the power light is going through the colors.

1. plugged in while switched off, only the lights flicker once, nothing happens, no charging led no matter how long I let it charge

2. connected to the laptop and charger, makes that sound at the start(v faint whine afterwards) works fine while plugged in but dies instantly if I remove the power

L.E. maybe worth mentioning: couple of times in the last months at home it switched off while listening to music with the battery depleted even if it was plugged in (resolved by removing and reinserting the charging cable)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #33,160 of 42,765
Hello. Haaam, where to start. Ok, so at last, i got my replaced mojo. Had some usb issues. Used it for a first time yesterday. My gear and setup: Mac, VLC player, Audioquest forest usb cable, and Sennheiser HD 25-13II 600Ohms (dj headphones). I believe these are some lousy headphones, and the difference in sound between with mojo and mac's output is so hard to tell, i am not event sure there's one. Jumping from FLAC to 320 mp3 back and forth with mojo on doesn't seem to make any any difference. When playing FLAC, mojo still indicates red, but i did some reading and made the changes to 192000khz. Indicates blue, but sounds the same. Is it the headphones the main case? Or VLC? Or both? Any help will do. Thank you!

Jul 26, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #33,161 of 42,765
16/44 FLAC and 320 kbps mp3 will always be red.

you upsampled a 16/44 source to 192, that’s why it went blue.

you need actual higher resolution files for it to change the color “bitperfect” (not upsampling)

go do some shopping on hdtracks, or stream Tidal Masters from a desktop computer.

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #33,163 of 42,765
I need a little troubleshooting.. my Mojo is 1 and a half years old, and I used it mostly as a desktop dac for my PC, plugged in almost all the time (shared the charger with my phone)
Atm i'm on a trip and I didn't used it the last 2 weeks and it seems that it's discharged.. I tried leaving it overnight turned off(with 2 different chargers and cables) but it still doesn't start, and the charging led doesn't light up when it's plugged in. It starts only if its plugged in and seems to work fine but it makes a t t t t t t t t sound at the start when the power light is going through the colors.

1. plugged in while switched off, only the lights flicker once, nothing happens, no charging led no matter how long I let it charge

2. connected to the laptop and charger, makes that sound at the start(v faint whine afterwards) works fine while plugged in but dies instantly if I remove the power

L.E. maybe worth mentioning: couple of times in the last months at home it switched off while listening to music with the battery depleted even if it was plugged in (resolved by removing and reinserting the charging cable)

There is a section about battery and charging, within the FAQ in post #3.

I suspect your battery is fully depleted, so try this advice from post #3
Q .... I am thinking the battery is not holding any charge.
A from Rob Watts : Try charging overnight with the unit off. The charging circuit looks at the state of the battery before charging. If the battery has a very low voltage, it will trickle charge the battery until it gets to a safe voltage, and then full charge will commence. This trickle charge mode can take several hours, and it is done for safety reasons, and it will appear that the battery is not working as the trickle charge mode takes some time. When in this mode Mojo must be off.

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #33,164 of 42,765
Supervisor, indicators color is not the main issue. The main issue is that theres is a very slight or near no difference between mojo or no mojo when playing flac and 320mp3. Is your point is that theres no point of using mojo with flac and mp3, only with higher resolution files?

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #33,165 of 42,765
Supervisor, indicators color is not the main issue. The main issue is that theres is a very slight or near no difference between mojo or no mojo when playing flac and 320mp3. Is your point is that theres no point of using mojo with flac and mp3, only with higher resolution files?
FLAC is just a codec Free Lossless Audio Codec.
So FLAC can be red book, or anywhere up to hi-res

MP3 is also a codec, but in this case lossy.

Mojo is great with red book CD files, there is no need to spend a lot of money on hi-res files.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back