Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 22, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #33,121 of 42,765
Hi All. Took a short hiatus from the portable audio scene to find out that the Mojo has been discounted nearly everywhere to $500.00. This device has always been on my radar. Does this discount indicate a new version is on the horizon and/or is this the new price for this device? It seems that some sites are listing the Mojo as "discontinued". I know I may get a slightly biased response in this thread, but are there new DACs out there (I've been out of the scene for a year or so) that I should also be looking at?

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #33,123 of 42,765
Hi All. Took a short hiatus from the portable audio scene to find out that the Mojo has been discounted nearly everywhere to $500.00. This device has always been on my radar. Does this discount indicate a new version is on the horizon and/or is this the new price for this device? It seems that some sites are listing the Mojo as "discontinued". I know I may get a slightly biased response in this thread, but are there new DACs out there (I've been out of the scene for a year or so) that I should also be looking at?

The pound has dropped quite a bit in value, which is great for UK exports, not so good for imports.

Mojo is made in the UK and the price has held at £399 here, that equates to just over $500 at current exchange rates. I think the discounted price is simply reflecting this drop in the value of the £

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #33,124 of 42,765

Thanks bikutoru. Setting the Mojo at 1.9V is too loud when using the ifi iCan SE and LCD2 (50ohm). The volume knob of the SE barely moves from the lowest setting. There's no information on the preferred input on iFi's website or the SE's manual. At the moment I've got the Mojo set to double blue which gives just enough movement on the dial to ensure there's no channel imbalance.

Perhaps I should set software pre-amp at -10dB to allow the Mojo to be used in 1.9V mode (2x indigo)

Jul 23, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #33,125 of 42,765
Is a 3,5mm to 2 rca included when you buy a mojo?

Jul 23, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #33,127 of 42,765
Thanks for info

Jul 23, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #33,128 of 42,765
...are there new DACs out there (I've been out of the scene for a year or so) that I should also be looking at?

The iFi micro iDSD Black Label is comparable. It's longer (roughly same length as a iPhone 7 Plus) but still portable enough IMO plus has double the battery life of a Mojo. It has a lot of useful features built in. Adorama frequently put it in sale. They just had it on sale for $380 but I think it's back up to full price.

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #33,129 of 42,765
Im am really sorry if the question has been answered but I cant find it. Read a long time in this thread.

I am looking for an angled short quality cable to connect my Moto play Z to the mojo.
Without adapter that would be USB-C male otg to usb micro male or to coax 3,5mm. I cant find such cable despite this one https://www.amazon.de/BlueBeach-Typ...00820006&sr=8-15&keywords=USB-C+otg+usb+micro.

As the Mojo has such high quality I want to use a quality cable. Looked up audioquest, phonosphie.AQVOX. and some more....etc but with USB C there seems to be no such thing. Strange.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me or would you buy the cheap cable or annother solution?

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #33,130 of 42,765
But by far my favourite use at the moment is as a usb desktop dac this is awesome! Why they don't bring a desktop version out within a similar price point is beyond me, I know they have supposedly better products right but hey it's all about making money.
Smooth detailed and enough power to drive nearly everything I have , just better instructions would be nice and getting cables/and connections a bit easier would be a bonus.
All in all though pretty impressed ,ironically I see me using this more as it's unintended use (desktop) than anything else.

I believe its called the Hugo.

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #33,131 of 42,765
Im am really sorry if the question has been answered but I cant find it. Read a long time in this thread.

I am looking for an angled short quality cable to connect my Moto play Z to the mojo.
Without adapter that would be USB-C male otg to usb micro male or to coax 3,5mm. I cant find such cable despite this one https://www.amazon.de/BlueBeach-Typ...00820006&sr=8-15&keywords=USB-C+otg+usb+micro.

As the Mojo has such high quality I want to use a quality cable. Looked up audioquest, phonosphie.AQVOX. and some more....etc but with USB C there seems to be no such thing. Strange.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me or would you buy the cheap cable or annother solution?
Take a look at Shanling L2:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072XBBDZ8

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #33,133 of 42,765
Thanks bikutoru. Setting the Mojo at 1.9V is too loud when using the ifi iCan SE and LCD2 (50ohm). The volume knob of the SE barely moves from the lowest setting. There's no information on the preferred input on iFi's website or the SE's manual. At the moment I've got the Mojo set to double blue which gives just enough movement on the dial to ensure there's no channel imbalance.

Perhaps I should set software pre-amp at -10dB to allow the Mojo to be used in 1.9V mode (2x indigo)
Using software to lower the signal would further degrade the sound. I don't have one, but the website for iCan says it has 3 gain settings, 0, 12, and 24 dB, and can provide 4W, which is a lot! What headphones are you using, and which gain setting? I am suspecting you don't need that much power, and, especially if you are already on the 0 gain setting, you probably would get the most transparent sound from the Mojo alone.

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #33,134 of 42,765
The problem here is that the Mojo may reject charging from these, displaying the flashing white (I think) light. A lot of people way back in this thread experienced charging issues from their 1A (5W) phone chargers, which turned out to be not quite 1A. The problem was solved by going to a 2A (10W) charger.

Oh right ! That's a surprising detail. This thread is so huge I hadn't read that. Thanks for the info.

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #33,135 of 42,765

Thank you for putting me right there. I was EXACTLY wrong; it's a minimum of 1A, preferably a good 2.1A modern charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back