Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 21, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #9,123 of 33,689
Hi,

are vsd5s still good option? Or is there something better over the ear under 100? I'm looking for something neutral (probably). I had Havi B3 till now.
Yes, it is. It can be a bit bright due to the beryllium drivers, but overall can't think of anything with over-the-ear ergonomic fit under 100. But if you ask me the vsd3s is almost the same with a hair more warmth and sweetness and a tad bigger bass at almost half the price.

On another unrelated note, Vsonic's CEO was commenting about graphene drivers the other day and said that what the manufacturers are promoting as graphene drivers is a complete lie and has nothing to do with the real graphene.

May 22, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #9,124 of 33,689
Just got my Seahf AWK-009, they're pretty good OOTB. Initial impression, build quality is fine, no visible gap between the joints, cable a little springy. About the sound, I would say they are not so neutral and smooth like RE-400 or have many fun factors like the **** 4in1. They have somewhat fun sound, with good sub-bass rumble, tight and punchy mid-bass, but the mid-bass bleeds a little bit to lower-mid. Mid-range is laid-back with boosted upper-mid. Treble is just right, with sparkles and airiness. Overall they're the mini **** 4in1 without the harsh treble peaks, but clarity and soundstage is not as good. They're lightweight and very comfortable. It's a little tricky to make them sound right, deep insertion make the sound too muddy, shallow insertion works best for me. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Right after the Seahf, the EINSEAR T2 arrived. OOTB they aren't so good, they are so BIG. Punchy mid-bass but missing sub-bass rumble, treble is neither airy nor sparkling like the Seahf, even worse, there are terrible peaks. The SEAHF is far superior in term of sound quality and ergonomics. I still don't know why you guys rate the Einsear so high.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #9,127 of 33,689
Just got my Seahf AWK-009, they're pretty good OOTB. Initial impression, build quality is fine, no visible gap between the joints, cable a little springy. About the sound, I would say they are not so neutral and smooth like RE-400 or have many fun factors like the **** 4in1. They have somewhat fun sound, with good sub-bass rumble, tight and punchy mid-bass, but the mid-bass bleeds a little bit to lower-mid. Mid-range is laid-back with boosted upper-mid. Treble is just right, with sparkles and airiness. Overall they're the mini **** 4in1 without the harsh treble peaks, but clarity and soundstage is not as good. They're lightweight and very comfortable. It's a little tricky to make them sound right, deep insertion make the sound too muddy, shallow insertion works best for me. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Right after the Seahf, the EINSEAR T2 arrived. OOTB they aren't so good, they are so BIG. Punchy mid-bass but missing sub-bass rumble, treble is neither airy nor sparkling like the Seahf, even worse, there are terrible peaks. The SEAHF is far superior in term of sound quality and ergonomics. I still don't know why you guys rate the Einsear so high.
the einsear are definitely warmer than the seafh, which are going for a crisper, more extended high end--if you're a treblehead the seafh will appeal to you more. personally, i rate the einsear a slight notch higher--they have more overall coherence and better bass control, whereas the midbass on the seafh can get a tad unruly/smeary. i'd give the einsear a bit more time, altho of course your own ears are ultimately all than matters.

May 22, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #9,128 of 33,689
Been reading over this thread for a while and have really enjoyed it. Reading about the 4in1, LZ-A4, and K3 was interesting indeed.

I am currently looking for IEMs that can replace my SoundMAGIC HP100 which have a neutral signature, excellent extension in the bass and treble regions, and a good sized soundstage. As for budget, <$30 CAD, <$100 CAD, and <$200 are what I'm looking at. I can even go up to $300 CAD if there is one that can perform at that level or above.

May 22, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #9,129 of 33,689
Just got a new box of goodies.
20170522_201704~01.jpg

May 23, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #9,130 of 33,689
Just got a new box of goodies.

I was actually looking at those identical items recently (they were all on flash sales at Gearbest). I decided against them for the time being (although I did order something altogether different which I will reveal once it arrives muhaha).

I'm very interested to hear your impressions on that gear though. Especially the Macaw stuff, which doesn't get the best user comments on Amazon. But I take those for a grain of salt, since many of the badmouth reviews on those sites are not with the bluetooth headfi gear, but rather the true problem is with their phone, interference from a microwave oven, etc.

May 23, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #9,131 of 33,689
In case anyone here from Malaysia is interested in the TFZ Exclusive 1,3,5, and King, i saw a local hifi store now offering a massdrop like preorder for all the Exclusives
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...mention&notif_id=1495518721569356&ref=m_notif
Personally the Exclusive King still remains my go-to IEM most of the time so i'm quite curious how the other Exclusives scales up to the King. The Exclusive 5 looks so stunning tho with its fully metallic finish

May 23, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #9,133 of 33,689
Updates....

MaGaosi will be soon rolling out the new updated K3 HD version. He will provide a high version and low version to meet different requirements. This is his last message he sent me.

About KZ's latest IEM: KZ ZS5 sounds really great so far, nicely balanced towards neutral with plenty of clarity and a great 3D-like soundstage. I would definitely round them up as part of my top 3 --> SENDIY M1221 being first, MaGaosi K3 (PRO/HD) being a close second, and KZ ZS5 following in third place. I can not rate the KZ ZS5 tops because construction can be a little too fragile for my taste and QC issues that I, myself and several other ZS5 owners encountered so far (though they were miner).

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #9,135 of 33,689
Updates....

MaGaosi will be soon rolling out the new updated K3 HD version. He will provide a high version and low version to meet different requirements. This is his last message he sent me.

About KZ's latest IEM: KZ ZS5 sounds really great so far, nicely balanced towards neutral with plenty of clarity and a great 3D-like soundstage. I would definitely round them up as part of my top 3 --> SENDIY M1221 being first, KZ K3 (PRO/HD) being a close second, and KZ ZS5 following in third place. I can not rate the KZ ZS5 tops because construction can be a little too fragile for my taste and QC issues that I, myself and several other ZS5 owners encountered so far (though they were miner).

KZ K3? You mean magaosi K3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back