Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 24, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #9,151 of 33,689
Hi everyone- I wondered if anyone could recommend me a portable audio player to pair with either my Soundmagic ES18's or Sennheiser HD 25 I-II's.

I can spend at a maximum around $60, although if there is something out there that sounds good for less this would be brilliant. I am not bothered by looks, just really want something that can play good quality files well.
Size is not an issue to me- very small is OK, and larger devices too, up to the size of an average large phone.

I am familiar with ordering from China, so if this is the only place I can get the item, this is OK, also of course if it is cheaper I will order from there too.

Thanks, Conan.
You can get more information probably from the obscure DAP thread under portable source gear section
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/obscure-chinese-daps.720512/
It largely depends on what functionality and features you're looking for in a DAP. If without a screen is not a concern, the new Zishan Z1 DSD player is really a good bargain at just around 30$ price tag imo.

May 24, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #9,152 of 33,689
Hi everyone- I wondered if anyone could recommend me a portable audio player to pair with either my Soundmagic ES18's or Sennheiser HD 25 I-II's.

I can spend at a maximum around $60, although if there is something out there that sounds good for less this would be brilliant. I am not bothered by looks, just really want something that can play good quality files well.
Size is not an issue to me- very small is OK, and larger devices too, up to the size of an average large phone.

I am familiar with ordering from China, so if this is the only place I can get the item, this is OK, also of course if it is cheaper I will order from there too.

Thanks, Conan.

ZiShan Z1, ~30$ from aliexpress

May 24, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #9,153 of 33,689
Well, as I always say - a matter of personal preference. For me the jvcs were smooth and not bad performers overall but a bit too bright up top and lacking technical abilities, but I really am not a fan of soft bass. I for one would pick a vsonic over a lot of iems that are more expensive. For instance if I don't know the price and you place on a table a vsonic vds3, a magaosi k3 pro and a brainwavz b150 it will take me less then 5 minutes to choose definitively the vsonic as the overall winner

Maybe also down to reference points. Honestly, when I think about very fast bass I think about BA drivers and tight and quick transients the jvcs are far from being particularly fast let alone very fast. The thing is metal has a lot of busy parts and I found the jvcs struggled with the layering and when the bast is soft it gets lost in. For instance, with a snappier and harder hitting bass even in busy parts drums are articulate and easier to hear in the blur of the loud scene while when it is soft you struggle to hear them. Just my 2 cents

I'd be choosing between the K3 (Audbos version) and the VSD3, leaning towards the K3. 150 wouldn't be in the running. Bring the B100 into the mix and things would be different. K3 has that soft bass you mentioned, but the VSD3's treble is too loose. Questionable treble performance can pretty easily ruin an earphone for me (KZ ED9 for example). I'll take clean, tight treble over loose bass if I have to choose. The reason I enjoy the FXH30's low end is for those exact qualities you noted; tight and quick transients. It pretty easily keeps up with the BA-based earphones I've got, but with the extension they're lacking. They're what got me back into listening to metal with portable gear as they're one of the few earphones I've tried that don't muddy up when a track gets busy. Also makes them nice for DnB and fast jazz tracks. Really don't find them all that bright either, especially when putting them next to the Macaw GT100s or the new-ish RHA ceramic series earphones, especially the CL1. That thing redefined bright for me. It's intense. Then again, I like the JVC house sound; preferences indeed *shrug*.

@AceDuff I think it'd be worth going for the TFZ or BeB 1200EX, but they're not massively better. I'd lean towards the TFZ personally; looks, comfort, extra clarity and I prefer an over-ear design.

May 24, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #9,154 of 33,689
Thanks for the suggestion! I read the highs might be a little piercing, would you agree?
About the EINSEAR T2, I'm doubt that my pair is defective or the manufacturer has changed the component. I received them in perfect condition, no cosmetic defect. Channels are matched, no imbalanced at all.
Mid are veiled with upper-mid peaks, it hurts to listen to guitar solos. I lost my patience with these and gave to my brother. For $15, I'd recommend the Seahf. But if you want more, it's better to spend more on flagships.

May 24, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #9,155 of 33,689
I'd be choosing between the K3 (Audbos version) and the VSD3, leaning towards the K3. 150 wouldn't be in the running. Bring the B100 into the mix and things would be different. K3 has that soft bass you mentioned, but the VSD3's treble is too loose. Questionable treble performance can pretty easily ruin an earphone for me (KZ ED9 for example). I'll take clean, tight treble over loose bass if I have to choose. The reason I enjoy the FXH30's low end is for those exact qualities you noted; tight and quick transients. It pretty easily keeps up with the BA-based earphones I've got, but with the extension they're lacking. They're what got me back into listening to metal with portable gear as they're one of the few earphones I've tried that don't muddy up when a track gets busy. Also makes them nice for DnB and fast jazz tracks. Really don't find them all that bright either, especially when putting them next to the Macaw GT100s or the new-ish RHA ceramic series earphones, especially the CL1. That thing redefined bright for me. It's intense. Then again, I like the JVC house sound; preferences indeed *shrug*.

Well, I don't want to get into arguments. For me the jvcs were enjoyable but aside from the soft bass lacked focus and dynamics. Yeah, the vsonics are a bit prone to pointing out sibilance but it's definitely not loose. But yeah, for a smoother sound I would go for the brainwavz r3 or titan 1, which IMO are far mote yechnically superior than the jvcs

May 24, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #9,156 of 33,689
Well, I don't want to get into arguments. For me the jvcs were enjoyable but aside from the soft bass lacked focus and dynamics. Yeah, the vsonics are a bit prone to pointing out sibilance but it's definitely not loose. But yeah, for a smoother sound I would go for the brainwavz r3 or titan 1, which IMO are far mote yechnically superior than the jvcs

Wasn't arguing, just discussing. Didn't mean for it to come across that way.

May 24, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #9,157 of 33,689
Thanks for the suggestion! I read the highs might be a little piercing, would you agree?
About the EINSEAR T2, I'm doubt that my pair is defective or the manufacturer has changed the component. I received them in perfect condition, no cosmetic defect. Channels are matched, no imbalanced at all.
Mid are veiled with upper-mid peaks, it hurts to listen to guitar solos. I lost my patience with these and gave to my brother. For $15, I'd recommend the Seahf. But if you want more, it's better to spend more on flagships.
Just got my Einsear T2. These is indeed a very good earphones, neutral warmish, but soundstage could be wider/roomier. Bass is enough for my taste, mids are clear, highs are not piercing at all, cymbals sounds smooth IMO and every instruments pronounced clearly. Based on my taste (and inventory lol), here are my preference budget ChiFi for highs and overall clarity: Einsear T2 > KZ ED9 (somehow good but piercing highs) > Rock Zircon (thunderous bass but lacks mids)

EDIT: since you had one, how's Einsear T2 sealing @nhlean96 ? I feel mine is not sealing at all (there is no vacuum feeling in my ear). And the bass sounds just average.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #9,158 of 33,689
Hey guys and gals, here's my take on the B200 (in English): http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/05/brainwavz-b200-review.html#more

Yeah, Brainwavz really did a lot right with it.

9948104.jpg

Also, here's my take on the Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Mahogany after owning it for about a year: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/05/fostex-x-massdrop-th-x00-mahogany-Review.html
It's however written in German, but there is a Google translator widget in the navigation/header bar that should provide a halfway understandable translation into English.

DSC03519-small.JPG

May 24, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #9,160 of 33,689
Does anybody know how long it will take before i get my money back from aliexpress if i cancel my order?

I decided to cancel my kz zs5 order while it was still processing because i will be traveling very soon and i dont believe i will receive my zs5 before i travel. Plus the QC issue so i would rather wait.

May 24, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #9,161 of 33,689
Been reading over this thread for a while and have really enjoyed it. Reading about the 4in1, LZ-A4, and K3 was interesting indeed.

I am currently looking for IEMs that can replace my SoundMAGIC HP100 which have a neutral signature, excellent extension in the bass and treble regions, and a good sized soundstage. As for budget, <$50 CAD, <$100 CAD, and <$200 are what I'm looking at. I can even go up to $300 CAD if there is one that can perform at that level or above.
When I asked my question earlier, I realized that I did not include what genres I listen to and the source I planned to use them with. I listen to a variety of music (Rap, RnB, rock, classical, electronic, jazz, hip hop, blues, etc.) and the source will be either a Shanling M1 or Shanling M2s (depending on the power that the IEM requires). The reason I ask about IEMs at various budgets is that my budget could quickly change. For $50 - $100 CAD and $200 - $300, I found that the Havi B3 Pro I and iBasso IT03 respectively may be my best bets.

Are they what I should look at in those price ranges? What IEMs with a neutral signture and good soundstage should I look for for $0 - $50 CAD and $50 - $100 CAD?

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #9,163 of 33,689
Does anyone have an AuGlamour R8? How does that compare to KZ stuff?

I had the R8, ZST and ZS3. From what I remember, the R8 was really not impressive, especially the price-to-value/sound ratio when compared to the ZST and ZS3 . It doesn't have much of a sound stage, and the overall sound sounded very "flat" to me. The only positive of the R8 I can remember is that the housing is pretty comfortable for me.

KZ's ZST and ZS3 has a bigger soundstage than the R8, The ZS3 is more bass-y than the ZST, If I were to pick between R8 and KZ's ZST/ZS3, I'd pick the KZ iems.

May 25, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #9,165 of 33,689
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...Ear-Earphone-DJ-HIFI/1825606_32813330489.html

**** 6in1 hit the NiceHCK store. If you message the seller prior to paying, you can get the non-mic version for $32, the mic version for $33, or the silver cable version for $35. Still waiting for confirmation if this is a presale (like the ZS5), or if they have units available, but thought I would share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back