Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 25, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #9,166 of 33,689
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...Ear-Earphone-DJ-HIFI/1825606_32813330489.html

**** 6in1 hit the NiceHCK store. If you message the seller prior to paying, you can get the non-mic version for $32, the mic version for $33, or the silver cable version for $35. Still waiting for confirmation if this is a presale (like the ZS5), or if they have units available, but thought I would share.

This one looks different than the one I saw on taobao. This one looks much better. I wonder how about the sound.

May 25, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #9,167 of 33,689
Well, as I always say - a matter of personal preference. For me the jvcs were smooth and not bad performers overall but a bit too bright up top and lacking technical abilities, but I really am not a fan of soft bass. I for one would pick a vsonic over a lot of iems that are more expensive. For instance if I don't know the price and you place on a table a vsonic vds3, a magaosi k3 pro and a brainwavz b150 it will take me less then 5 minutes to choose definitively the vsonic as the overall winner

Maybe also down to reference points. Honestly, when I think about very fast bass I think about BA drivers and tight and quick transients the jvcs are far from being particularly fast let alone very fast. The thing is metal has a lot of busy parts and I found the jvcs struggled with the layering and when the bast is soft it gets lost in. For instance, with a snappier and harder hitting bass even in busy parts drums are articulate and easier to hear in the blur of the loud scene while when it is soft you struggle to hear them. Just my 2 cents

Understood! Well, I suppose you and Scrambler just have a very different take... It'd be nice to know which one gets closer to my tastes now! :D
Anyway, I'm in no hurry, so I'll do some more searching and see what comes up.

About the EINSEAR T2, I'm doubt that my pair is defective or the manufacturer has changed the component. I received them in perfect condition, no cosmetic defect. Channels are matched, no imbalanced at all.
Mid are veiled with upper-mid peaks, it hurts to listen to guitar solos. I lost my patience with these and gave to my brother. For $15, I'd recommend the Seahf. But if you want more, it's better to spend more on flagships.

Yeah, I often think about increasing the budget, then I remember how "often" in-ear die because of bad soldering on the cable, defective channles, etc and I start feeling again the lure of over-ear... Never happy! :D

Just got my Einsear T2. These is indeed a very good earphones, neutral warmish, but soundstage could be wider/roomier. Bass is enough for my taste, mids are clear, highs are not piercing at all, cymbals sounds smooth IMO and every instruments pronounced clearly. Based on my taste (and inventory lol), here are my preference budget ChiFi for highs and overall clarity: Einsear T2 > KZ ED9 (somehow good but piercing highs) > Rock Zircon (thunderous bass but lacks mids)

EDIT: since you had one, how's Einsear T2 sealing @nhlean96 ? I feel mine is not sealing at all (there is no vacuum feeling in my ear). And the bass sounds just average.

Interesting, thank you very much for your feedback! :wink:

May 25, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #9,170 of 33,689
I'm curious about it too. This looks metallic whereas Taobao ones look like cheap plastic.
Must be a new housing material. I remember the DD Audio store had photos of the plastic-y looking housing, but have since updated to the more metallic looking housing. About a month ago, NiceHCK did mention that the 6in1 was "in urgent research" so perhaps this is already the second iteration?

May 25, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #9,173 of 33,689
May 25, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #9,174 of 33,689
Understood! Well, I suppose you and Scrambler just have a very different take... It'd be nice to know which one gets closer to my tastes now! :D
Anyway, I'm in no hurry, so I'll do some more searching and see what comes up.
Yes, personal preference tends to come into play. I personally prefer more flat and neutral sound with tight and snappy bass with good impact and airy upper treblem. For metal iem on a budgwt I still think the xduoo ep1 is a great option given its sub-30 price and build quality and sound.

May 25, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #9,175 of 33,689
Has anyone heard Binary Acoustics EP1? Small BA driver that does 5-40kHz (is this even possible?). They look amazing and as minimalistic as it gets. There isn't much info about these, and the reviews are all in chinese. Translate somewhat helped and they compared these to Final Haven V. Might be an excellent alternative as these are less expensive and not as intrusive, though I guess build quality might be an issue (no strain reliefs and by the looks of it, thin permanently attached cables...).
One of the funniest headphone images I've seen: :dt880smile:

001_s.png

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #9,179 of 33,689
This one looks different than the one I saw on taobao. This one looks much better. I wonder how about the sound.
i'm curious about (a) whether the **** 6in1 sounds significantly different than the the 4in1 and (b) whether it sounds significantly different than the dt2+. fwiw, the 3 driver dt2+ was only incrementally different than the dt2 (a bit wider stage/perhaps more midrange texture)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back