Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO! 250 ohm, 32 ohm, or 80 ohms?
Apr 24, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #61 of 73
I haven't heard them, but I do know they are rebranded own esmooth, which also does LSTN and symphonized, some would think they are not great but who knows?

I would love to hear the dt 1770s

Apr 26, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #62 of 73
Those people are traitors and heretics. It's not even close. I have done A/B with DT 770 and m50x, as well as ws1100. 770 beats them both in clarity and soundstage and comfort.
Hahahahahahahaha

Consider M50x fanatics "fortunate" that nothing can beat M50x to them. They've got their one best can already, and doesn't require a headamp like DT770-250ohm

Jun 29, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #63 of 73
Stumbled upon this thread when looking up info on 770s/ohms.

Ive heard plenty of headphones, and the m50x's kick ass. They punch in the lows, and cut through in the treble. No they are not smooth or flat, but they are great all rounders for the most part. They make music fun. - Compared to DT770's, the m50x's go louder and have more slam and punch. The DT770's have way better soundstage and more detail, but are more colored, and dont sound as robust. You may like one more than the other. I like them both, but for different reasons. I have 80ohm 770's. I can't use them with my portable players. Not enough juice. Even out of my X3ii on high gain, its barely just enough power for them. For that reason, if I had to pick one, I'd pick the m50x. Maybe my opinion would be different if I had the 32ohm version, but I would still miss the slam and punch of the m50x.

Jun 30, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #64 of 73
I EQ the crap out of my cans, as I prefer more of V sound. Comparing the 770 to m50x, the 770 wins hands down. Better sound stage, more detail and more punch in the bass. I think the m50x are hugely over rated. However, the 1770 is even better. Fantastic detail and bass when EQ'd to my tastes. The denons are probably a slight step up from the 770s but I have not a/b'd them.

I just picked up the ws99bt. They are going right back. Decent sound, but abysmal isolation and the bass distorts when pushed. Build quality is also very cheap. Huge disappointment.

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #65 of 73
I EQ the **** out of my cans, as I prefer more of V sound. Comparing the 770 to m50x, the 770 wins hands down. Better sound stage, more detail and more punch in the bass. I think the m50x are hugely over rated. However, the 1770 is even better. Fantastic detail and bass when EQ'd to my tastes. The denons are probably a slight step up from the 770s but I have not a/b'd them.

I just picked up the ws99bt. They are going right back. Decent sound, but abysmal isolation and the bass distorts when pushed. Build quality is also very cheap. Huge disappointment.

I have also the m50x and dt770 32. No comparison, dt770 is much better. I'll put them on the same level on my hd600.

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #66 of 73
Would anyone be able to describe the differences in sibilance between the 32, 80, and 250 ohm pro? Judging by Zombie_X's analysis, the 80 ohm is less bright, but the 32 ohm is the most well rounded. The reason I ask, is I can't really tell when the sibilance is too much. My last phones were the M50's and they were so boomy, they might've masked a good amount of sibilance in most recordings so I never really heard sibilance.

I have the 32 ohm version. When I first got them, the sibilance was pretty bad I thought. After some time, I think it's gotten much better, but I still hear some very small peaks. Nothing bad at all though. Then there's some stuff, where the sibilance is very forward, but I can't tell if it's the mastering. For example, the album Melodrama by Lorde, her voice sounds very sibilant and piercing on some tracks, but I can't tell if that's just how it sounds. I also noticed some sibilance on my CD of Peter Gabriel's 'So', but only really on Red Rain ("I cannot make a single sound as you scream"). Sounded a little stabby-stabby. I know the treble on these isn't relaxed, but on most things I've listened to, it's fine. Then there's stuff like what I mentioned above where it's pretty pronounced, at least on the 32 ohm version...so I'm wondering how they compare to other Ohms, and other headphones, in regards to sibilance.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #67 of 73
Been eyeballing the DT 770 PROS 80 ohms. Lately, looking for a nice pair of closed back headphones that sound good for rock/metal music, but also fun immersive gaming (Not first person shooters) Ive had the dt990s but never had a good enough amp to really hear what they can do. Ive got a fio e12 amp and also use a mix amp for my PS4 gaming (for fun.) Looking in the $200-$300 price range.

Any suggestions of other Headphones I might should be looking into for these needs that might be better for the music/gaming style I use them for? Again I only have a portable fio e12 amp, but could invest in a nice Dac/amp combo if I can find a nice pair of headphones to pair them with. I guess I'll take any suggestions for dac/amp/headphones for rock/metal/fun PS4 gaming (combined with my astro mix amp/ and or fio E12) Thanks a bunch. Hope I provided enough information.

Nov 14, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #68 of 73
Just got my used DT770 250 Ohms (at ~75USD!) and while it shares the sparkly treble of the the DT990 Premium 600 Ohm, it doesn't quite have the bass of the latter. I've taken off the stock pads to give 'em a thorough washing, but I'm using a new pair of black Beyerdynamic replacement pads. Anyway, gonna spend a bit of time with it and see if I like the sound....
Hi, where do you get the black velour pads originally for the DT 770 pro 250 ohms ?

Nov 14, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #69 of 73
OK, now I'm comparing the 770 pro 32 ohm with the 990 pro 250 ohm, which just arrived.
The 990's are more detailed and brighter with details that may be overwhelming for listening if not EQed properly.
The 770 pro 32, are closer to what an average consumer is used to but clearly better than anything he/she tried, while the 990 250 ohm, sound like a step forward as details go. Every sound is tighter, detailed and precisely delivered, which for auditions may be to much ! So, if you want some really good headphones, easy to drive, go for the 770 32 ohm, they're really good but if you're a freak and don't care and wanna also buy a DAC and EQ them and so on, then go higher, for either the 80 ohm 770 or 250 ohm.

Listening to either of them 770/990/880 at 250 ohm, out of a phone is pure garbage so totally forget it. Whoever tells you they work is a complete noob.... yes they do make sounds, but you have no bass and you can only hear very good highs, which sucks. For mobile, if you wanna listen music properly then get the 32 ohm as they basically are 100% superior to the 250 ohm without an amp !!! Whoever tells you anything else is either a liar or a troll who never tried or something. Straight out of the phone or out of laptop, these 250 ohm sound non impressive. So, again, i say... if you wanna listen straight from phone, then get the 32 ohm. The 250 ohm NEED amp and 80 also. With an amp, yes the 250 ohm sound better indeed, with more details but the difference is not stellar as some may think. The 250 ohm, is clearly a better tool though for those who use them for making music.

Listening to both, 32 ohm and 250 ohm now, I'm really impressed by the 32 ohm 770's. So easy to drive with such good sound, this is rare indeed.

So, to sum it up, get higher ohms if you have or wanna get an amp, else go for the 32 ohm and you won't regret it.

Good luck!
Hello, I agree with you everything even from the previous comment you made. However, I would like to make a comment for the DT 770 pro 250 ohms usage towards smartphones and laptop. What you said its true in general audio consensus in serious audiophilia world where one sound like crap where they just produce sound. However I disagree because the 250 ohms variant sound quite good on my phone and laptop even without external amp/dac whether portable or desktop through Youtube and Spotify. Most probably your phone and pc are not good enough by today standard. However, when I say quite good meaning to say its also not good which can further improve an amp/dac. Because even Dt 770 pro 250 ohms will sound better than low impedance beats through phone and laptop with sufficient volume. However, depending of the recording where different range of quality of recording may vary with DT 770 250 ohms. Hence, its not pure garbage, its listenable and maybe your phone is old. Am using Note 8 by the way.

Anyway, am planning to get DT 770 pro 32 ohms eventhough I already have the 250 ohms. Like you said before, there is no other stereo headphones that sound better than the 32 ohms for mobile use and overall reference sound. I am yet to see any other cans beat the DT 770 pro 32 ohms as an all rounder with good built, light and comfortable and most importantly reference balance sound and audiophile quality. Now, the Drop Dt 177X 32 ohms may outperform the DT 770 pro 32 ohms but who knows since nobody unable to compare them. In future, I may test them and add to my collection. In my opinion, the DT770 pro is monitoring headphone that reveals the flaws but at the same somewhat forgiving with recordings. The DT 770 pro is sensitive to the quality of the recordings.

May I know what amp/dac are you using for the DT 770 pro for both 250 ohms and 32 ohms ? Also did you use it for Spotify and Youtube for music listening ?

Nov 14, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #71 of 73
Would anyone be able to describe the differences in sibilance between the 32, 80, and 250 ohm pro? Judging by Zombie_X's analysis, the 80 ohm is less bright, but the 32 ohm is the most well rounded. The reason I ask, is I can't really tell when the sibilance is too much. My last phones were the M50's and they were so boomy, they might've masked a good amount of sibilance in most recordings so I never really heard sibilance.

I have the 32 ohm version. When I first got them, the sibilance was pretty bad I thought. After some time, I think it's gotten much better, but I still hear some very small peaks. Nothing bad at all though. Then there's some stuff, where the sibilance is very forward, but I can't tell if it's the mastering. For example, the album Melodrama by Lorde, her voice sounds very sibilant and piercing on some tracks, but I can't tell if that's just how it sounds. I also noticed some sibilance on my CD of Peter Gabriel's 'So', but only really on Red Rain ("I cannot make a single sound as you scream"). Sounded a little stabby-stabby. I know the treble on these isn't relaxed, but on most things I've listened to, it's fine. Then there's stuff like what I mentioned above where it's pretty pronounced, at least on the 32 ohm version...so I'm wondering how they compare to other Ohms, and other headphones, in regards to sibilance.
I have the 250 ohms. I hear siblance when the music is poorly recorded and reveal its flaws. However, it vary with amps and dacs.

Aug 11, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #73 of 73
Miss my mmx300 v2.
Considering to buy 770-32.
Dealer return. Only 105$ incl freight
They says they sharing the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back