Anedio D2 DAC release
Feb 28, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #1,381 of 1,416

Yes, last we spoke (quite some time ago) James from Anedio was heavily involved in designing what sounded like a very nice amplifier (for speakers). It's been a while and I don't know what sort of progress has been made. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was ready sooner than later, and from what I heard it should be exceptional.  

Yup, from what I have read, the forthcoming Anedio A2S will be one of the best amplifiers in the world.  Measurements show that harmonic distortion at 1KHz is predominantly low and even order and that only the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th are greater than -140db with the actual measurements being -120, -127, -134 and -138db respectively.  This is incredibly good and surpasses even the Cordell MosFET error correction amp at that frequency.  In fact, this is better than most preamps! Can't wait for them to release it. I am hoping they release it in mono-block version.

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #1,382 of 1,416
Project 86 said:
"I actually think it's (Anedio D2), quite nice looking. Not quite as much as the D1 was, but D2 is probably more "universal" in appeal versus the love-or-hate aesthetic of the original."

I agree, Project...I think that the D2 is quite smart looking....The D1 was a little too, um...1960's Japanese looking ...or something (for me!)....but I think that Richard toned down the outer appearance beautifully and also rework the innards quite nicely, as well.   I think the outer design reflects the Anedio philosophy.  I am a visual person and every time I take a look at that unit feeding into my modest little tube amp ....I get a joy at the visuals.    (Do you know any details about the amp that is being designed?).

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #1,387 of 1,416
Their website is down, looks like they might have gone belly-up. I have the driver for Win 7/10, it's small (less than 1.5Mb). PM me with your e-mail & I can send it to you.
Unless there's another way to post it here? I don't know how to do that.

Jan 13, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #1,388 of 1,416
I am having trouble sending the driver to the 2 people who requested it. Apparently some mail servers think there's a virus attached to the files. Don''t know how to resolve this...my anti-virus says the files are clean

May 26, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #1,392 of 1,416
I get this question once in a while. No, I don't know what happened either, and haven't heard from James Kang (Anedio owner/designer) in quite some time. Last we spoke, he was focusing on what sounded like a very ambitious speaker amplifier design. He had also been sporadically working on what would eventually become the D3 DAC, but wasn't very far along on that.

This was back in 2014 though, and we haven't corresponded since. His email was @Anedio which I assume won't work now that the domain is no longer hosted. So I have no way of contacting him.

May 26, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #1,393 of 1,416
Jun 4, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #1,395 of 1,416
I keep searching old emails, see if maybe I have an alternate contact for James. If I end up reaching him, I will pass on the request for driver hosting somewhere... even if it's just a Onedrive or Google drive link of something, since no official site exists. We already have one linked above but that could go down at some point as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back