ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
Jan 13, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #1,052 of 1,084
anyone interested in Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 for Audeze with RSA/ALO Connector 5 FTm

http://www.head-fi.org/t/794634/moon-audio-black-dragon-v2-for-audeze-with-rsa-alo-connector-5-ft

i am selling it because i sold my audeze lcd2 and bought oppo pm1

May 15, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #1,053 of 1,084
Hi. I'm planning to buy a used RX MkIII B+. Can u clarify about its SE input. Does it have a phase splitter (in SE input) like the RSA Intruder so the signal will be converted to balance. I have a balanced kobiconn cable for my IEM and headphones, so if the MkIII B+ has a phase splitter in its SE input, I can have a fully balanced signal from input to output. Thanks

May 15, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #1,054 of 1,084
May 15, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #1,056 of 1,084
i am selling my alo rx mk3 B as I have 2, also I have alo mk3 B+ and with all honesty the alo mk3 B sounds better than alo mk3B+. The bass is better on the B than B+ and the sound stage is wider on B than B+

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #1,059 of 1,084
yes but not by a huge marigin, as the single ended implementation is amazing as well, and to be honest I its difficult to hear the improvement in balanced comapred to single ended

May 15, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #1,060 of 1,084
i am selling my alo rx mk3 B as I have 2, also I have alo mk3 B+ and with all honesty the alo mk3 B sounds better than alo mk3B+. The bass is better on the B than B+ and the sound stage is wider on B than B+

I had them both too and I hear otherwise, the B+ is the better ones but yes the bass on the older ones has more punch. Single ended vs balance differences depends on what you're listening with. With full size cans ie. HD700 or LCD series the different is so worth it. It is one of the most musical portable amp I own alongside with Intruder and Duet.

May 15, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #1,061 of 1,084
I had them both too and I hear otherwise, the B+ is the better ones but yes the bass on the older ones has more punch. Single ended vs balance differences depends on what you're listening with. With full size cans ie. HD700 or LCD series the different is so worth it. It is one of the most musical portable amp I own alongside with Intruder and Duet.

to me the B is better with more bass punch and more enjoyable sound and I was surprised to be honest as I thought the B+ would be the better sounding, but i was wrong. The sound stage on B is wider bigger and more bass, and better fuller mids than B+. I took very very careful comparisons before writing this, as when I got the b+ i was a bit disappointed. Thanks god I have 2 alo mk 3Bs and one B+

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #1,064 of 1,084
Hi!
Got this super AMP since a couple of months ago. :)

My actual available best chain is: Acoustic Research AR-M2 + ALO Audio RX MK3B+ + Hifiman He-560
ARM2 does not have balanced output. In the near future I will buy ibasso dx200 that has Balanced output.

MK3B+ supports both input and output balanced.

Anybody experienced balance MK3B+ management? Chris Martens says coud be worh to use it ( http://www.theabsolutesound.com/art...ed-portable-headphone-amp-playback-61/?page=4 )

But, does it make sense to use only MK3B+ input or only ouput in balanced mode? I mean: now my source DAC provides ony single output, so I could use MK3B+ for a balanced only from output perspective in the headphones (but does it make sense since the input is not balanced?)
Or: when I will buy a DAC able to provide balanced output, will make sense to get into MK3B+ balanced ipunt but Single output in headphones output ?
Hope to have explained myself...

I know should be possible to get hybrid combination input SO- output BO or viceversa and, depending on the various quality of the component of the chaing, hybrid combination could also be better than input BO - output BO...
What are your experience or suggestions with ALO and the various combinations?

Thanks
ciao

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #1,065 of 1,084
Wondering how the RX Mk3 compares to the original Vorzuge Duo and if it's worth picking one up second hand? Specifically I'd be using it with LZ A4 and Fidelio X2 (so both relatively low impedance) As such, would it be too noisy/overpowered? I mainly like the idea of the tubey sound and bass eq.

Also, on a practical note, can you change the battery in it and is it easy to find a charger that would work for it in Europe, where I am?

Thanks much in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back