ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by monotune, May 13, 2012.
  1. Sound Eq
    nothing beats alo mk3 b, and i have 2, i am selling one

2. jhog
    Ok thanks! How is it with low impedance cans/iems? And out of interest, have you got a link to the one you're selling??

3. Sound Eq
    with sensitive iems its a no go

but with headphones i have yet to hear a better portable amp than alo mk3 B nothing comes close to alo mk3 B from all the stuff i heard and you can see I heard alot from my profile

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/alo-rx-mk3-b-price-reduced.845392/

4. jhog
    Good info. I just need to decide if it'd play nicely with my LZ A4s, as it would likely sound grand with my fidelio x2s, from what you say...

5. Sound Eq
    no way would i use alo as an amp for iems unless they are really hard to drive

but with headphones alo mk3 is top of the line with the best ever bass boost tunes that has been ever created on headfi, unlike all the other gimmick bass boosters in other amps. It has a huge sound stage with amazing sound quality signature. This is the only portable amp I tried that makes planar headphones sound as if driven from a desktop amp

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  6. Sound Eq
    i really wish there will be a new rx mk amp update with the same bass boost implementation coming as this is the best alo portable amp with that gorgeous bass boost, I just can not know why ALO moved that bass boost from their new amps

7. chowmanfu
    Has any portable amp surpassed mk3-b+ ability to push HifiMan He-6? I got some new 12-conductor cables and combined them with my LG V20 phone, mk3, and HE-6's...and it worked!!!

It only works well with Neutron Player and HD files that are 'normalized'. I'll be bringing this setup to work instead of my IEM's.

CD quality sounds awful.
    YouTube produces a nasty sibilance and lacks gain.