AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jun 23, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #2,116 of 5,483
We're working on the portable version now, the site had a few fairly major issues we had to address, now that the core platform is hunky dory we'll be getting the rendering right on small format devices. Sometimes web rollouts just don't quite go to plan.

:beerchug:

P.S. I guess the new clinking beer mugs are from a micro-brewery.
Yea, the beating a dead horse one is more like beating an ant... :deadhorse:

Jun 24, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #2,119 of 5,483
Lyr 1 and NOS Tungsram ECC85
I own the Tunsgram ECC85 and if I recall, (it's been awhile since I had them in my Lyr), they are a little warm the lacking in detail in the Lyr. I like the 75' 6n23P SWGP tubes in my Lyr since they are very musical and detailed with both my Aeon and Alpha Prime. Highly recommended if you can track down a pair!

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #2,120 of 5,483
I own the Tunsgram ECC85 and if I recall, (it's been awhile since I had them in my Lyr), they are a little warm the lacking in detail in the Lyr. I like the 75' 6n23P SWGP tubes in my Lyr since they are very musical and detailed with both my Aeon and Alpha Prime. Highly recommended if you can track down a pair!

Thanks! I will add them to my Head Fi wish list :)

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #2,121 of 5,483
I just bought a pair Aeon. Now i'm looking for amp/dac for it. My budget for that is under $500. Should i go with mojo, ifi bl, schiit stack like modi multibit and vali 2, or something else ? Any recommendations ?
My vote is for Mojo. Fantastic synergy and very versatile setup!

Jun 24, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #2,122 of 5,483
I just bought a pair Aeon. Now i'm looking for amp/dac for it. My budget for that is under $500. Should i go with mojo, ifi bl, schiit stack like modi multibit and vali 2, or something else ? Any recommendations ?

From me, mojo for smartphones/tablets, micro idsd bl for tablets/laptops, and schiit jotunheim with balanced DAC for laptops/desktops or with phono pre-amp for turntables and get a audioquest dragonfly red to connect between your laptop/desktop and jot with phono pre-amp.

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #2,123 of 5,483
My vote is for Mojo. Fantastic synergy and very versatile setup!
From me, mojo for smartphones/tablets, micro idsd bl for tablets/laptops, and schiit jotunheim with balanced DAC for laptops/desktops or with phono pre-amp for turntables and get a audioquest dragonfly red to connect between your laptop/desktop and jot with phono pre-amp.
I just ordered vali 2 and modi multibit. I like them because it's small, not like jotunheim. So they won't get my gf attention lolz.

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #2,124 of 5,483
Hah! In audio retail they used to talk about "Wife acceptance factor" for loudspeakers, as in "do they fill the entire living room?" Vali vs Johtenheim takes that to a whole new "micro dimension..."

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 24, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #2,125 of 5,483
Whelp just compared these to the new Hifiman Susvara and other than the last bit of air and soundstage these compare very well. especially since headphone soundstage hasn't mattered to me since I've used the OOYH program. I feel like I like these more than the he1000s.
(Type of music used was the La la land soundtrack, due to limited selection, for the a-b with aeon and susvara)

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #2,127 of 5,483
Whelp just compared these to the new Hifiman Susvara and other than the last bit of air and soundstage these compare very well. especially since headphone soundstage hasn't mattered to me since I've used the OOYH program. I feel like I like these more than the he1000s.
(Type of music used was the La la land soundtrack, due to limited selection, for the a-b with aeon and susvara)

Wow that's some claim! I adore my HE1000 and am considering the Aeon as a closed back compliment. If I feel they're anywhere close to the hifimans I'll be thrilled!

Jun 25, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #2,128 of 5,483
Wow that's some claim! I adore my HE1000 and am considering the Aeon as a closed back compliment. If I feel they're anywhere close to the hifimans I'll be thrilled!
I have the HEKv2 and the Aeons, and while the HEKv2 take it for me, the gap isn't huge, especially given the price difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back