AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 24, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #1,531 of 5,483
Out of curiosity, do you remember how many Aeons were left when you ordered (out of the total 250)? It would be interesting to know how many Aeons have shipped thus far.

Not sure. I remember the number still being high. When did pre-orders begin? According to the Order Details, I pre-ordered on 2/5.

May 24, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #1,532 of 5,483
The build wasn't finished on day 1, we put out a number a day, which is why we said it would be 7-10 days after we started shipping to get through the pre-orders. But we had some rejected parts and were a few short so some units in the latter part of the build is awaiting components.

Thanks Dan,

I figured that would be the case. It is great to know you will reject parts and not build until it meets your specs. Knowing that, I am confident in being your customer.

I now also know who I won't do business with. So its good info.

I prefer buying american and I like that you keep production here.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #1,534 of 5,483
Hey guys, the red cable is a Norne. I can't remember the model name because I got it when the Alpha Dog just came out hence the red. It is a OCC hybrid strand. Half copper half silver. Probably the Skoll. It was not on the site yet but it was sold to me because I have bought a few cables from him since he just started his business.

May 24, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #1,535 of 5,483
Out of curiosity, do you remember how many Aeons were left when you ordered (out of the total 250)? It would be interesting to know how many Aeons have shipped thus far.
I am 11263, maybe Feb 13,2017. I have been wracking my brain to remember how many were left when I ordered. I can't but it seems like it was close to 100. I just remember remarking to myself that they were moving more slowly than I had thought that they would. Anyway... I decided that it was an unwarranted waste of brainpower. They will get here when they get here. A day or two, or a week or two, will not kill me. As I am no longer worried about it, I know the time will go by much more quickly. Nothing slows down time more than WAITING.

BTW, I CAN wait... I have no choice.
:)

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #1,536 of 5,483
Hey guys, the red cable is a Norne. I can't remember the model name because I got it when the Alpha Dog just came out hence the red. It is a OCC hybrid strand. Half copper half silver. Probably the Skoll. It was not on the site yet but it was sold to me because I have bought a few cables from him since he just started his business.

I've given up on Norne... great cables, terrible slow service. Still waiting for an order that started back on October (!), Trevor doesn't seem to be answering emails any more.

May 24, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #1,538 of 5,483
I got mine in Tuesday!

I have written a first impressions/mini review post on the r/headphones subreddit here.

Sorry I'm lazy and didn't write it here, I just don't feel like copying it over and modifying all the formatting for the forum. I tried to be as impartial as possible in my assessment.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #1,539 of 5,483
I am 11263, maybe Feb 13,2017. I have been wracking my brain to remember how many were left when I ordered. I can't but it seems like it was close to 100. I just remember remarking to myself that they were moving more slowly than I had thought that they would. Anyway... I decided that it was an unwarranted waste of brainpower. They will get here when they get here. A day or two, or a week or two, will not kill me. As I am no longer worried about it, I know the time will go by much more quickly. Nothing slows down time more than WAITING.

BTW, I CAN wait... I have no choice.
:)

Interesting. I ordered on March 2 when there were exactly 100 left. I also remember thinking that things were slower than I expected. What do you think all those other orders are that were jacking up the order numbers? They can't be selling that many Ethers, can they?

Anyway, I thought that I was a very patient person until I started seeing other people getting their Aeons, now I've reverted to my toddler self. I want them NOW NOW NOW! :wink:

May 25, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #1,541 of 5,483
I ordered on April 9th and I think they were around 50 left at the time. I don't expect mine to be shipped until late next week at the earliest.

Yeah, I ordered April 11 when there were 35 left. Order number 11684. Late next week makes sense.

May 25, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #1,543 of 5,483
Comfort is excellent.
Just wanted to update my comfort rating. Wore them for about 6 hours more or less straight last night. Absolutely no discomfort developed. My ears don't get sweaty like I've experienced with other closed-backs. Also, I've had no issue with the depth of the pads: my ears don't touch the driver housing.

Outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back