Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon
May 1, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #391 of 553
May 1, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #393 of 553
@Beckboy I hope you get it fixed soon. Have you tried contacting the store you bought from?

Also I'm surprised that 1.4.5 was still available to download after many known problems with it.
Hello Crabdog, it's holiday today, I will try to contact the distributor tmw. But the problem is we can't rollback to previous version, and we can't flash the android..... my Poweramp and all other players, even AR Player, they are stuck without playback, the timer will even freeze, then player will be "stopped"... um....

May 1, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #394 of 553
Hello Crabdog, it's holiday today, I will try to contact the distributor tmw. But the problem is we can't rollback to previous version, and we can't flash the android..... my Poweramp and all other players, even AR Player, they are stuck without playback, the timer will even freeze, then player will be "stopped"... um....
Yep. If you're lucky the distributor will replace it and he can sort it with manufacturer. Otherwise you'll need to contact AR directly.

May 3, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #395 of 553
Anyone able to get poweramp working on this? The 7.xx series works really well on it but the problem is there is no way to register the device with a paid license. Yandex store wont accept my cc saying error.

May 7, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #397 of 553
Dang. It is my favorite android music player and seems to be the only one (newest version) that plays instantly as opposed to waiting 5-20 seconds or not playing at all.

Way better than stocker will ever be.

May 23, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #398 of 553
Is this DAP a good buy? From the latest posts on the forum it sounds like it's broken?

How is it for Tidal playback? Maybe Apple Music? Offline? I read somewhere it was having issues with Tidal?

Does this have bluetooth unlike the M2? Can it be used as a USB dac?

May 23, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #399 of 553
I think it is a good buy but as you've seen in this thread, its not without its issues. I really love PowerAmp as an Android app and there is no way to register it in the USA (no play store and yandex is russia only?)

You have to be careful when upgrading firmware - can't go back and should wait for whether whats there is official.

Aside from those quirks i think it is a very good player. Do i wish it had more - yes. I replaced my x7 with this and it will be my goto until i find something better.

I can't answer your other questions. I do not use the device as such other than SD playback.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #400 of 553
Is this powerful enough to drive the Ether C Flow or would I be better with the M2?

May 26, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #401 of 553
Have one new in box unopened in shrink wrap for sale. Received as a replacement from AR and don't have a use for it as I just went to a 256GB iPhone 7+. If anyone's interested I'd prefer it go to a head-fi home. $500 and will include the leather case from the one that I sent in to AR.
open
open
open

May 31, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #403 of 553
Are there any news of the next firmware update? It has been a really long wait...
I've been waiting for one as well. Everything works well with the version I'm on but I'm looking forward to some improvements with the AR player app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back