Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon
Apr 9, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #363 of 552
so is AR200 their new flagship, from what I see I think its an entry level dap

Apr 9, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #366 of 552
  Did you try it, if yes how does it sound? I really dislike having flagship products that are andriod based. I tend to avoid it. 

I haven't tried it. Price is rumored to be $399.

Here are some specs. Note these are NOT final and could change before release:

Plays Hi-Res Audio Files (FLAC/ALAC/WAV/AIFF/DSD)
- Built-in Bluetooth (aptX HD) audio transmitter
- Works as Bluetooth (aptX HD) audio receiver
- DAC: AKM AK4490EQ
- Headphone Amplifier: Class A (1Vrms)
- Audio output interface: 3.5mm unbalanced, 4.4mm Pentaconn
- Weight: 4.5 oz

Apr 9, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #367 of 552
  I haven't tried it. Price is rumored to be $399.

Here are some specs. Note these are NOT final and could change before release:

Plays Hi-Res Audio Files (FLAC/ALAC/WAV/AIFF/DSD)
- Built-in Bluetooth (aptX HD) audio transmitter
- Works as Bluetooth (aptX HD) audio receiver
- DAC: AKM AK4490EQ
- Headphone Amplifier: Class A (1Vrms)
- Audio output interface: 3.5mm unbalanced, 4.4mm Pentaconn
- Weight: 4.5 oz

it reminds me of the pono player. Overall it is a nicely priced product and featurewise should please many.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #369 of 552
  How does AR-M20 fare against Fiio X5 3rd gen? I'd like to purchase one, AR-M20 is on sale for 25% off at the moment too!

Sorry haven't heard the X5iii  
frown.gif

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #370 of 552
Red hot photos from CanJam SoCal 2017!!
Product features are coming soon. Stay tuned!

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #371 of 552
  Red hot photos from CanJam SoCal 2017!!
Product features are coming soon. Stay tuned!

The E10 certainly look interesting. A bit weird but interesting. The H1 looks fantastic! The M20 is also looking great.

I hope there's some people who went to CanJam and can give us some impressions on any of these.
beerchug.gif

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #372 of 552
E10 reminds me of Ultrasone IQ but as a dap collector and review M200 has all my attention. I really liked the m1, M200 reminds me of M1. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #375 of 552
  How does AR-M20 fare against Fiio X5 3rd gen? I'd like to purchase one, AR-M20 is on sale for 25% off at the moment too!

I don't know if this will help but i feel like (at least compared to the x7) the AR has better separation and resolution, the highs sound smoother and clearer.  The voice sounds more intimate.  I can't provide a percentage difference but it is there.  Both are great players, however.  What i like about the AR is the battery life is triple what the x7 and am5 module can do.  The UI on the AR is snappier.  Also the AR is 2x thinner than the x7.  I think the x5 v3 is probably similar i form factor as the ar (recalling from experience at canjam).

I really like that i can keep the player on and not worry about the battery draining which is a big negative on the x7 (that pulsing blue led is probably the culprit).

To AccountResearch - do you guys think you can make the default music app a bit more intuitive?  I would suggest taking a page from power amp.  Arranging by artist and album is a mess when there are multiple albums from the same artist (shows as individual songs).   Another issue is songs are out of order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back