Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon
Apr 13, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #376 of 553
Hmm just upgraded to 1.45 and nothing works.  Lovely paper weight now.  Hopefully factory reset does the trick.

One thing annoying with this player is all the clicks and pops it has and it does have some EMI like happenings at time when nothing is playing.

1.45 has officially junked my unit.  It was nice for the couple days i had it.  music player crashes constantly and a constant ticking when trying to play tracks.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #379 of 553

I don't know if this will help but i feel like (at least compared to the x7) the AR has better separation and resolution, the highs sound smoother and clearer.  The voice sounds more intimate.  I can't provide a percentage difference but it is there.  Both are great players, however.  What i like about the AR is the battery life is triple what the x7 and am5 module can do.  The UI on the AR is snappier.  Also the AR is 2x thinner than the x7.  I think the x5 v3 is probably similar i form factor as the ar (recalling from experience at canjam).

I really like that i can keep the player on and not worry about the battery draining which is a big negative on the x7 (that pulsing blue led is probably the culprit).

To AccountResearch - do you guys think you can make the default music app a bit more intuitive?  I would suggest taking a page from power amp.  Arranging by artist and album is a mess when there are multiple albums from the same artist (shows as individual songs).   Another issue is songs are out of order.

There is meant to be an update coming in the near future for the AR Music app. They said they will be adding a search by keyword function along with "a lot of wanted improvement". I haven't noticed any of the pops or noises others have mentioned but I'm still using firmware 1.3.6.0-BT.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #381 of 553
Try using sensative iems to hear the pops and clicks. Not obvious on the a4 as it is not very sensative.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #382 of 553
Try using sensative iems to hear the pops and clicks. Not obvious on the a4 as it is not very sensative.

What firmware version are you using?

Glad I saw the above posts, otherwise I probably would have updated mine. Going to stick with what I'm using as it plays perfectly as it is. By the way I've used it with the PM4 which is good for revealing pops and such but haven't noticed any.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #383 of 553
  Hmm just upgraded to 1.45 and nothing works.  Lovely paper weight now.  Hopefully factory reset does the trick.

One thing annoying with this player is all the clicks and pops it has and it does have some EMI like happenings at time when nothing is playing.

1.45 has officially junked my unit.  It was nice for the couple days i had it.  music player crashes constantly and a constant ticking when trying to play tracks.

Let us know how you get on with it. IIRC someone was saying firmware cannot be reverted to previous versions? That kinda sucks if it's true. I'd be willing to do the update for testing but no way if I don't have an option to go back to an older firmware version.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #384 of 553
Let us know how you get on with it. IIRC someone was saying firmware cannot be reverted to previous versions? That kinda sucks if it's true. I'd be willing to do the update for testing but no way if I don't have an option to go back to an older firmware version.

I spoke with support. I am sending my unit in. They will either swap it or do whatever they need to do to get it working.

I dont think we can revert back either. There isnt even a way to load the bootloader. Woulda been a nice feature but at the same time i dont see why we couldnt revert back.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #385 of 553
What firmware version are you using?

Glad I saw the above posts, otherwise I probably would have updated mine. Going to stick with what I'm using as it plays perfectly as it is. By the way I've used it with the PM4 which is good for revealing pops and such but haven't noticed any.

Interesting. I wonder if it was an issue with my unit. I had to send it for a replacement so I will let you know if the new one pops.

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #387 of 553
Hallo AR. I'm Lukas from Hong Kong. It's been awhile I have updated to the fireware 1.3.6B, I have just download the 1.4.5 from Acoustic Research UK website and uplodated to it today (30April). It's so scary, none of any player including AR player doesn't product any sound.
I have tagged Model Number 3 times in the Setting to process deep factory restore, but 1.4.5 seems doesn't work from my side. Can you rescue me? Thank you!

laurenteuk@hotmail.com

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #388 of 553
Hallo AR. I'm Lukas from Hong Kong. It's been awhile I have updated to the fireware 1.3.6B, I have just download the 1.4.5 from Acoustic Research UK website and uplodated to it today (30April). It's so scary, none of any player including AR player doesn't product any sound.
I have tagged Model Number 3 times in the Setting to process deep factory restore, but 1.4.5 seems doesn't work from my side. Can you rescue me? Thank you!

laurenteuk@hotmail.com
Wish you would have seen my post a few above yours. The only solution is for you to get a new player.

May 1, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #389 of 553
Anyone may let me try the 1.4.6B? I can't find the source as the online drive was closed... The 1.4.5 for AR-M20 really doesn't work, even AR Player cannot play any music, things are stuck.

May 1, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #390 of 553
Hey How are you? I have just updated to 1.4.5 but my AR M20 doesn't even play any track by any player including AR Player. Have hard reset it, but remains same. May you please share the 1.4.6B? So I can try if it can play again. Am very upset the moment. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back