The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 18, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #662 of 23,543
Hi,

A friend of mine just received his tia Fourtes and commented they were very bright sounding. I suggested giving them some play time before coming to a final assessment.

How many hours before the tF sounds its best?

I did get a chance to listen to them using my friend's AK240 playing a hi res file of Massive Attack's, "Unfinished Symphony," and they sounded really clean, although the bass wasn't as hard hitting as I had read it to be. Perhaps the stock silicone tips weren't giving me a proper seal.

May 18, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #663 of 23,543
That's funny, I said the same thing when they told me, they said be patient.

I'm not sure I like this comment by 64 Audio.

On a $3,600 IEM, I would expect extreme care in making sure there are no imperfections in manufacturing, and as such, no B stock. Maybe they meant review samples coming back that will be repackaged and sold as B stock.

Someone mentioned the openness of the soundstage, and I have to wholeheartedly agree. It was the first thing I noticed when I listened to the tF.

Have other owners found the included Comply tips sound better than the silicone ones?

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #664 of 23,543
Hi,

A friend of mine just received his tia Fourtes and commented they were very bright sounding. I suggested giving them some play time before coming to a final assessment.

How many hours before the tF sounds its best?

I did get a chance to listen to them using my friend's AK240 playing a hi res file of Massive Attack's, "Unfinished Symphony," and they sounded really clean, although the bass wasn't as hard hitting as I had read it to be. Perhaps the stock silicone tips weren't giving me a proper seal.
They are definitely not a basshead CIEM by any means. The bass/rumble is there, but it is the thickness of the texturing that makes it special - very tactile. Otherwise they are truly a balanced audiophile signature that just has higher performing bass and treble that blends perfectly to a rich balanced sound. The resolution is great because the clarity is there rather than a typically warmer signature in a basshead CIEM.

May 19, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #665 of 23,543

On a $3,600 IEM, I would expect extreme care in making sure there are no imperfections in manufacturing, and as such, no B stock. Maybe they meant review samples coming back that will be repackaged and sold as B stock.

Someone mentioned the openness of the soundstage, and I have to wholeheartedly agree. It was the first thing I noticed when I listened to the tF.

Have other owners found the included Comply tips sound better than the silicone ones?
To be fair, that was not an exact quote, just my sense of humor in the interpretation. Obviously, these are new releases and B stock takes time to develop if it ever does.

May 19, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #666 of 23,543

On a $3,600 IEM, I would expect extreme care in making sure there are no imperfections in manufacturing, and as such, no B stock.

To be fair, for any hand assembled items there are bound to be some that will have minor cosmetic imperfection and for the asking price, a buyer will expect perfection and anything that falls outside that classification will be consigned to "B" stock, so long as sound quality are NOT compromised

May 19, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #669 of 23,543
New U18 unboxing video. More commentary as I have been listening to both the Fourte' and 18 for a while now.

May 20, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #670 of 23,543
To be fair, for any hand assembled items there are bound to be some that will have minor cosmetic imperfection and for the asking price, a buyer will expect perfection and anything that falls outside that classification will be consigned to "B" stock, so long as sound quality are NOT compromised

Understand.

May 21, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #672 of 23,543
I use the tia Fourté with Effect audio heracle cable. The sound is very very awesome !!! :L3000:
You already upgraded the cable :wink: !!! This is here a crazy Place ( and I admit Boeing part of it ) !
Could you please post pictures of the Fourté with those new cables ?

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #673 of 23,543
Really jealous of those who have received their tia fourtes...still haven't received any news on when mine will be shipping out...

May 22, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #675 of 23,543
Mine arrived - serial number 012. Still using stock cable but am going to try out the Leonidas and Leonidas+Mars soon. So far, using the stock cable without any burn in, the sound already surpassed my Layla and K10 by leaps and bounds. Simply put, it is the SR009 of the IEM world - but with very good bass. I also preordered the SP1000Cu. Can't wait to hear how it sounds with the SP1000Cu. I mentioned that AK380Cu with Layla is the best of the best of the best. I can already tell that the 380Cu with Tia Fourte is not only the best of the best of the best - it is the best of the best of the best of the best. So how will the Tia Fourte sound with the SP1000Cu? I think you guys may have figured... but I need to get my SP1000Cu before confirming.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back