The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 9, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #632 of 23,565
mm...thanks @rudi0504 for the tip about the Fourte during CanJam Singapore 2017. My mind is.......

mind blown.jpg

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #633 of 23,565
May 9, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #635 of 23,565
May 9, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #636 of 23,565
mmm...he he he.....I have the KSE 1500 (for the phenomenal clarity and resolution), the Fitear To Go! 334 (for the phenomenal mid-range) and used to have the Rhines Stage 5 demo (for the phenomenal bass). If all three had a love child, it would certainly be the Fourte. Right now, listening to the Fourte out of the Onkyo DPX1 and Continental Dual Mono (Mullard tubes), fully balanced.......whew! whoah!

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #637 of 23,565
mmm...he he he.....I have the KSE 1500 (for the phenomenal clarity and resolution), the Fitear To Go! 334 (for the phenomenal mid-range) and used to have the Rhines Stage 5 demo (for the phenomenal bass). If all three had a love child, it would certainly be the Fourte. Right now, listening to the Fourte out of the Onkyo DPX1 and Continental Dual Mono (Mullard tubes), fully balanced.......whew! whoah!

Also love the A18 with my CDM balanced, one of the amps that is significantly better balanced. Can't wait to hear the Forte out of it, shouldn't be too long. Imagine Hugo 2 + cdm.....

May 9, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #639 of 23,565
I found my Fourte a little bit inconsistent with the other Fourtes, mine has a quite a lot of sibilance and a meh-bass like other TOTL.

May be I have a defected unit?

Mm..possibly. I've run tracks that I know has sibilance like George Michael's Freedom (very prominent sshh). The Fourte passed. As for bass, the Fourte has a powerful, layered and highly resolving bass that you can hear and feel. For me, there's no meh-like moment. Is it basshead, ear-splitting level bass? No, thank God!

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #640 of 23,565
Good to see that people are starting to receive their Tia Fourtes ... hope I'll receive mine soon...

May 11, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #641 of 23,565
Tried Tia forte and U18Tzar today.

I was impressed by sound stage of Tia forte. There are only few IEMs that can produce this impressive sound stage.
U18Tzar with m20 module is my favorite. With m15 module, it's sound less fun but sound so real ! wider sound stage !

Goodjob ! 64audio :)

May 11, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #642 of 23,565
Tried Tia forte and U18Tzar today.

I was impressed by sound stage of Tia forte. There are only few IEMs that can produce this impressive sound stage.
U18Tzar with m20 module is my favorite. With m15 module, it's sound less fun but sound so real ! wider sound stage !

Goodjob ! 64audio :)

What I find most impressive about the stage of the A18 is the accuracy and imaging. It's so pin point and precise, the space between the instruments is significant in *ALL* directions-360 degrees. I have never heard this kind of spacing all around me, typically it's in the horizontal plane and up close. With A18, the space between the sounds/instruments is up close, far, above and below. Complex passages are never congested.

Last edited:
May 12, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #643 of 23,565
Mm...it is nearly as resolving as the KSE 1500. Where the Tia Fourte outshines (easily) the KSE is the the quantity of the quality bass. It is a warmer iem than the KSE, for sure. The bass is just unreal. In terms of musicality, I am sorry to say that my KSE will listened to......less and less. This is out of the Leonidas, which is a silver cable and the AK 380 cu and cu amp. Treble extension is very good and no sibilance. Mid-range is very rich and engaging. No muddiness or veilling. Even though the bass is powerful (it rumbles), the Fourte is not a wall of bass and not much else. No bleeding of the bass into the mid-range.

Ergo-wise, it fits my ears perfectly (using the largest stock silicone eartips).

On the downside, it is very expensive. It is a damn 4-driver! My wallet is still complaining. But what price will you pay to have you shaken to your core?

Looking forward to receiving mine and use it with my AK380Cu as well. Any big difference between using and not using the AK380 amp?

May 12, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #644 of 23,565
Mm..possibly. I've run tracks that I know has sibilance like George Michael's Freedom (very prominent sshh). The Fourte passed. As for bass, the Fourte has a powerful, layered and highly resolving bass that you can hear and feel. For me, there's no meh-like moment. Is it basshead, ear-splitting level bass? No, thank God!

Would you say it is the best IEM that you own, in your preference?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back