Xenos1HA-EPx or RS-71 or maybe even Larocco PRII for Proline 750??
Mar 15, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #46 of 116
your Qables cable is also called a Line Out Dock
wink.gif

So since the Larocco don't has a normal mini line out plug, but normal RCA plugs, you would need something like this: Qables iPod to goldplated RCA

And this is the least expensive one from qables.......

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #48 of 116
Jeeeezzzuuussss, ok....I think that's an argument to say nahhh, not the Larocco. I am not gonna put another 120 euros on top of the already expensive amp. And yes that would make it bigger and with cables sticking out of it on two sides of the amp....he wouldn't survive long in my bag I think.
Well, back to square one haha!

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #49 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by diego /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a LaRocco PRII and it has RCA and miniplug inputs, therefore you could use it with a regular LOD to mini.
The headphone jack is 1/4 in case you wanted to know.

Regards,
Diego

oh, my bad...

I always thought, it was RCA only. Is the "mini line-in " on the back as well?

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #50 of 116
Quote:

I have a LaRocco PRII and it has RCA and miniplug inputs, therefore you could use it with a regular LOD to mini.
The headphone jack is 1/4 in case you wanted to know.

Regards,
Diego

Thanxxx, this is getting more difficult by the minute haha. Still one question..do they enter on the same side as the hp-entrance or is it at the back?

Mar 15, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #52 of 116
Hahh, Larocco is back! I have talked with my bf and it would be possible in making a bag where the cables coming out on both sides is no longer a problem. The bag is of the same size as I have it now so no need for it to grow bigger in my handbag!
As far as the costumerservice, I think I am even willing to step over that problem since what they make looks very well-built. I can wait and ohhhhhh I am just finding excuses of convincing myself that I should go for that one.
What I read about it, sq-wise, makes me really go for this. As for the looks...I love it.
Am I sounding stupid now, a little blond or short of mind??
What would you buy if their costumer service would have been very good?

Mar 15, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #53 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahh, Larocco is back! I have talked with my bf and it would be possible in making a bag where the cables coming out on both sides is no longer a problem. The bag is of the same size as I have it now so no need for it to grow bigger in my handbag!

Then you should contact Hans from Qables. He had a couple of these LaRoccos at the Benelux meet, but he told me he was no longer going to carry them because some of the issues already discussed. Maybe he'll cut you a deal.
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #54 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you should contact Hans from Qables. He had a couple of these LaRoccos at the Benelux meet, but he told me he was no longer going to carry them because some of the issues already discussed. Maybe he'll cut you a deal.
wink.gif

Woehoew!! I already did!
Though haven't heard from him yet!

Mar 16, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #57 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So that just leaves the color to decide...this thread is like visiting a shoe store!
tongue.gif

Hihi...yes and still doubting about that one! Though definately NOT the pink one
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #58 of 116
The miniplug in the back is line in you could connect your ipod or soundcard with a mini to mini cable.
The PRII is a great sounding amp and it has a lot of features, you can check them at laroccoaudio.net. It's also very well built, but it's a bit large and heavy for a portable amp. I use it mainly at my computer where it takes very little desk space and it's very easy to take on a trip, yet I don't know if it's practical as a portable.

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #59 of 116
Quote:

The miniplug in the back is line in you could connect your ipod or soundcard with a mini to mini cable.
The PRII is a great sounding amp and it has a lot of features, you can check them at laroccoaudio.net. It's also very well built, but it's a bit large and heavy for a portable amp. I use it mainly at my computer where it takes very little desk space and it's very easy to take on a trip, yet I don't know if it's practical as a portable.

I am already walking around with a bag in my handbag wich contains the ipod and the amp I have now and that is even larger than the PRII, so I guess that should not be a problem
icon10.gif

Thanx for the link, already checked it out.

Mar 16, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #60 of 116
I've a PRII I just got so I guess I'll add to the fun. Nice little amp, recharges batteries, has very very good bass abilities, while the rest of the spectrum sounds excellent too, and apparently can get very good battery life on non-rechargeable lithiums. The 1/4 inch jack should be no issue, converters for that are durable and not big at all when plugged in. It feels and behaves as solid as it looks, hell that case is one of the nicest ones to touch I have seen ever...although it is also on the heavy side of things >.<

If Larocco at least dispatched these fast - I'd buy one new, but hey, I instead went to the FS forums and got one in matter of 3 days
biggrin.gif
(it was very lucky on my part I think). I don't use it as a portable though, not one of those things that would fit in my pocket...more like very small desktop amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back