Xenos1HA-EPx or RS-71 or maybe even Larocco PRII for Proline 750??
Mar 14, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #31 of 116
Maybe you both are right. I still haven't made up my mind yet. I do have one other question: what does gain actually mean?? And what effect do these settings have?

Mar 14, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #32 of 116
Hey Indra,

Since you really seem to be "going for it" with the amps, what about one of those LaRocco's:

PRII-Black-n-Blue-water.jpg

Maybe Hans from Qables still has one he'd sell you.
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #34 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never heard this Larocco; it seems inordinately expensive.
Where does it stack and why? Professing complete ignorance on this amp.

In this forum you can find a thread that compares 16 different portable amps and the guy who made it placed the Larocco at number one.
But from what I have been reading I think they are too expensive for the tiny bit they give you more.
They do look dead-gorgeous though!!!

Mar 14, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #36 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
quite lovely design, rumored to be difficult to deal with their customer service and delivery is very shaky.

Yep, and very big and heavy for a portable one compared to the others

Mar 14, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #37 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In this forum you can find a thread that compares 16 different portable amps and the guy who made it placed the Larocco at number one.
But from what I have been reading I think they are too expensive for the tiny bit they give you more.
They do look dead-gorgeous though!!!

Yeah, there's even a lavendar one for you! It'll match your BIG PURSE!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #38 of 116
Does anyone happen to have a picture of the Larocco PRII with an iPod laying on top so I can have a life-view on how big this thing actually is?

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:46 AM Post #39 of 116
I have SR-71, X1HA-EPC, Go-Vibe V5. I do not have Proline7500 though, I use those amps with HD25-1 and HD25-13.
Comparing SR71 to Go-Vibe V5, there is no contest as far as SQ concerns. Bass extension of SR71 is deep , tight and articulate.
IMO, If you are not a basshead and if you like Jazz/Classic rather than Rock/Pop, I recommend you to take SR71.
X1HA-EPC is very decent amp and I love its powerful nature. but X1HA shines with high-impedance cans as noise floor is relatively high, hence I use X1HA-EPC with HD25-13.
If you use X1HA with lower-impedance or high efficiency cans, you will feel the X1HA sound is somewhat muddy by its high noise floor.
But I am not sure about the newer gain mod version...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think my options have narrowed down to the sr71 and the xenos. What I have heard from reading is that the Xenos has a slight better bass-extension than the sr71.
Then my question is, will the sr71 do better in bassextension and make the bass sound less muddy and more detailed than the GoVibe??
I am asking because the only part the Xenos does better over the sr71 is the bass-part and I am not a basshead. The sr71 wins on the rest of the sound over the Xenos.

Mar 15, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #40 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have SR-71, X1HA-EPC, Go-Vibe V5. I do not have Proline7500 though, I use those amps with HD25-1 and HD25-13.
Comparing SR71 to Go-Vibe V5, there is no contest as far as SQ concerns. Bass extension of SR71 is deep , tight and articulate.
IMO, If you are not a basshead and if you like Jazz/Classic rather than Rock/Pop, I recommend you to take SR71.

Thank you. that was partly what I was looking for.
And I am not a basshead and I like jazz, classic, rock and pop the same. Just depends on the mood
icon10.gif

Still don't really know what to do. I am getting interested in the Larocco although I said differently yesterday. But I have time figuring this all out and go for the one that atracts me most.

Mar 15, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #41 of 116
The Larocco is indeed a good amp. If you want to try this amp I would recommend you look at the used market. I can't recommend dealing with Larocco directly. They have the worst communication and customer relations of anyone that I have done business with, period.

Mar 15, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #42 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by CD44hi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Larocco is indeed a good amp. If you want to try this amp I would recommend you look at the used market. I can't recommend dealing with Larocco directly. They have the worst communication and customer relations of anyone that I have done business with, period.

Yeah I have read about that. Though I would feel safer buying new (have that with all my equip) but when someone has a good offer I will think about it. I just don't know my way really in the used market.

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #43 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by CD44hi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I suppose that in the event of a repair issue, this would not bode well, so I guess you can scratch LaRocco, Indra.

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #44 of 116
Another point to "scratch" Larocco would be (for me at least), that you can't use a normal LOD, but have to use a RCA-to-dock cable. Makes it even less portable than it already is.

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #45 of 116
What is an LOD??
This is a hard decision. From what I read the larocco is so damn GOOD!
Makes me loose it haha
icon10.gif
Seems even more difficult than choosing an hp
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back