Xenos1HA-EPx or RS-71 or maybe even Larocco PRII for Proline 750??
Mar 11, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #16 of 116
Dex has a good point: the Xenos is back packable and for the
dollar is a good "portable amp". I find it runs the Ultrasone
2500 series very well and only a notch or two below my Heed.
Good bass response, terrific clarity and wide soundstage. All good things. The Hornet and I have never met, so I cannot comment but it does get excellent review in the forums. I believe it is a tad more expensive however so if budget is a consideration, give the Xenos a try.

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #17 of 116
Portability is relative. I'm using a "big" source (PDCP), and a Xenos EPC as well. Pockets are out of the question, but when you're carrying a backpack, or sling bag, you can fit tons!

This is what I carry with me almost everywhere, plus a Canon DSLR. It's still managable:
portable_rig.jpg

Mar 11, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #19 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice lookin' pouch for the Xenos, cb, does that come included?

Heya Dex, nope, the Xenos comes with no case whatsoever. I happen to live in Singapore, in Asia, where we have millions of pouches/cases for everything from phones to PDAs, all made in China, of course.

I know quite a lot of Head-fiers are looking for fabric/satin pouches like these. Think anyone would be interested in a group buy? I can arrange it if enough people want 'em.
600smile.gif
Anything I can do to contribute to the community.

Mar 11, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #20 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the difference between the normal version and the M-one??

The M version has some bit and bobs upgraded/added that improves the sound quality significantly over the intial Hornets (from what I've read). All Hornets from Ray now are M as standard-you can tell as there will be an M next to the serial number.

cyanbomb: thats some sexy stuff there
cool.gif
. Wish I had a decent camera

Mar 11, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #21 of 116
Hmmm the Xenos sounds good though. They don't look to big either. The Tomahawk has lost my interest from what I have been reading and heard from someone using it also with a proline 750.
Money is not an issue as long as it doesn't pass the 350 / 400 euros border.
Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Xenos versus the Hornet vs the RS71. These are the ones that remain on the wanna-check-out-further-list. Hope somone will come to my meet and bring some of this nice gear (hinthinthint!!!!)
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #22 of 116
Quote:

Hmmm the Xenos sounds good though. They don't look to big either. The Tomahawk has lost my interest from what I have been reading and heard from someone using it also with a proline 750.
Money is not an issue as long as it doesn't pass the 350 / 400 euros border.
Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Xenos versus the Hornet vs the RS71. These are the ones that remain on the wanna-check-out-further-list. Hope somone will come to my meet and bring some of this nice gear (hinthinthint!!!!)
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

The local Head-fiers here just got a shipment of Hornets and SR-71s in.
I'll do some comparing with my Xenos this coming week and post up what I heard.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #23 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanbomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The local Head-fiers here just got a shipment of Hornets and SR-71s in.
I'll do some comparing with my Xenos this coming week and post up what I heard.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yessss That is exactly what I am looking for!!!! Thank you very much already for your future-post! With what hp will you be testing?

Mar 11, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #24 of 116
Quote:

Yessss That is exactly what I am looking for!!!! Thank you very much already for your future-post! With what hp will you be testing?

Do you want me to test with Ultrasone DJ-1s, Beyer DT-150s, AKG K240 Studios, Senn HD600s, or UE 5 Pros? Those are phones I either own or have easy access to.
580smile.gif

Enjoy some Goudakaas for me.
frown.gif

They got really sh!tty gouda here, and it's my favourite.

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #25 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanbomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you want me to test with Ultrasone DJ-1s, Beyer DT-150s, AKG K240 Studios, Senn HD600s, or UE 5 Pros? Those are phones I either own or have easy access to.
580smile.gif

Enjoy some Goudakaas for me.
frown.gif

They got really sh!tty gouda here, and it's my favourite.

Best for me probably the ultrasones cause I will be using it with one. Second the hd600 since I am famliar with their sound.

I could sent you some goudakaas
tongue.gif
!!
Where do you come from then??

Mar 14, 2007 at 12:19 PM Post #26 of 116
I think my options have narrowed down to the sr71 and the xenos. What I have heard from reading is that the Xenos has a slight better bass-extension than the sr71.
Then my question is, will the sr71 do better in bassextension and make the bass sound less muddy and more detailed than the GoVibe??
I am asking because the only part the Xenos does better over the sr71 is the bass-part and I am not a basshead. The sr71 wins on the rest of the sound over the Xenos.

Mar 14, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #28 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting... So what differences were there between the Hornet M and SR-71? Considering the Hornet would be a better 'portable' option.

I read this on the comparing site wich is overhere:

"The RSA SR71 immediately impresses with that “WOW” factor. It’s a fantastic amp. It’s kind of big, and I wish it had a batter charger. But in comparing, it clearly betters the Tomahawk. I wish I still had the Hornet to compare directly, but if memory serves me, the SR71 is a tiny bit better everywhere other than the bass, and likely just a little better overall."

So that made me chose the sr71 over the hornet. I am not into amps and this is the first one i am gonna buy one myself and putting some research in. Do correct me when being mistaken in my narrowing down of choice.
I am still wating for someone doing a comparism between the sr71, hornet and Xenos so I am still not sure, just a little convinced of skipping the hornet from what I have read, since I have no chance comparing them myself.
Portability is not of that importance since girls have large handbags
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #29 of 116
To be honest I doubt you would be disappointed with either the Hornet or SR-71.. The differences are very small (if at all), the main thing the Hornet has going for it is the size, chargeable battery, and gain settings (hi,medium,low). Whereas the SR-71 is bigger, takes TWO batteries, no charging unit, AND it has fixed gain.. Depends on if the additional "airiness" of the SR-71 is worth all of that..

Good luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back