Xenos1HA-EPx or RS-71 or maybe even Larocco PRII for Proline 750??
Mar 17, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #76 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
will you be joining him asks the Heed

Haha! Right now, due to the backlog, it's easy to resist, but that's going to change after April!
frown.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #81 of 116
Diablo thing is expected in terms of not waiting for it. Its appearance is like miracle if it occurs.
PRII is $579 new. Expected a 2 months wait time or so, although the time they will take to finish it is on the indefinite side. I'd wait for Diablo if Larocco had a decent history... :-/

Mar 17, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #82 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Diablo thing is expected in terms of not waiting for it. Its appearance is like miracle if it occurs.
PRII is $579 new. Expected a 2 months wait time or so, although the time they will take to finish it is on the indefinite side. I'd wait for Diablo if Larocco had a decent history... :-/

From the LaRocco site:

Quote:

$479. + Free Shipping and Handling within the Continental US, $35. International (USPS)
(3-5 Weeks Lead)

So did they raise it $100 and just not update their site?

Mar 17, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #83 of 116
The Diablo is not at the same level of performance of the PRII in any incarnation, even less if using the component pin mode...
Phil is about to release the LISAIII as a kit, that is supposed to be even better than the RPII, and LISAII...
Among all portables that I have heard (a few of them) if I have to go for one I will get the PRII used from any headfier, or the LISAIII while avaialble, according to uncle Phil, it is supposed to have the latest incarnation of the dynobiased diamond buffers, and three channels as the PPA...

It will not be avaialable via LaRocco Audio, Phil will distribute it himself, for those to are affraid of dealing with Larry, me included, you will not...
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #84 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Diablo is not at the same level of performance of the PRII in any incarnation, even less if using the component pin mode...
Phil is about to release the LISAIII as a kit, that is supposed to be even better than the RPII, and LISAII...
Among all portables that I have heard (a few of them) if I have to go for one I will get the PRII used from any headfier, or the LISAIII while avaialble, according to uncle Phil, it is supposed to have the latest incarnation of the dynobiased diamond buffers, and three channels as the PPA...

It will not be avaialable via LaRocco Audio, Phil will distribute it himself, for those to are affraid of dealing with Larry, me included, you will not...
evil_smiley.gif

Alberto, are the LISAII & III portable amps? Can you provide any links for more info?

Mar 17, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #85 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alberto, are the LISAII & III portable amps? Can you provide any links for more info?

I think that there is plenty of info in the IPodstudio Forum in the LaRocco dedicated section, I will ask Phil to post here more details, AFAIK the LISA III will be a DIY project, sold as kits, for you to asssemble, not sure if any member will be later on offering services to assemble them....

Mar 17, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #87 of 116
What is the promised delivery date of the LISA III? Is it realistic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that there is plenty of info in the IPodstudio Forum in the LaRocco dedicated section, I will ask Phil to post here more details, AFAIK the LISA III will be a DIY project, sold as kits, for you to asssemble, not sure if any member will be later on offering services to assemble them....

Mar 17, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #88 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the promised delivery date of the LISA III? Is it realistic?

Phil is dealing with that, not sure ask him....ppl in headfi, nothing to do with Larry or LaRocco audio...

Mar 18, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #90 of 116
LISA III is about ready for prime time i am going to do some slight changes like board mounted RCA Jacks as opposed to the present configuration of using wires. this makes the entire Amplifier all contained upon one PC board including the Headphone, DC Power and now! Input jacks in addition to the previously board mounted Power switch and LED. Other changes of the updated Board are the use of Battery clips as opposed to PC mounted board Holders for a more correct fit in the Hammond 1455J series cases.
the Amp is intended to be an Easy build for the Novice yet provide outstanding technical performance and splendid sound. the LISA III is a three (3) Channel topology with a unique configuration of the AD744 directly driving from it's compensation pin the output Stage so as to avoid the distortions and frequency response problems of the conventional Op-Amp/Buffer Topology in addition of not requiring power robbing Class A current sourcing on the Op-Amp's output and thus we have a Single Ended Pure Class A Vas (Voltage Amplification stage)Driving a Dynamically Biased Discrete component output stage. Sonicaly this Amp is towards the warmer fat Bass side when compared to my previous designs, yet retains the delineation of detail my other Amp's are noted for while introducing some new sonic treats. like surperb rendition of Layering and texture.. and echo. The Dynamic biasing makes for great performance with a wide variety of Headphone loads in addition to enabling low Distortion on a small amount of Output stage Bias current. This highly optimized system consumes about 22 mA and 25 mA if the AD-829 is used in the ground Channel as opposed to the AD744. note the output to to op amp is pin 5 on this board so other op amps will not work without modification in LISA III, I suggest you stay with my recommended Build for the most consistent stability, Performance and most impotently sound quality. This Amplifier is a closely inter grated system and as such works well as a system, thus expramentation of alternate parts on the Part of the builder is not encouraged and no technical support will be offered for non recommended configurations. The Amp is Built upon a Full Ground planed PC Board with matching ground planes on not just the top but also the bottom layer for the best stability and noise immunity.

the Amp includes a trickel charger for the On Board NI-MH 9 Volt rechargeable Battery pair.

Photos
http://www.esnips....a9d1d/LISA-III-015
http://www.esnips....536c0/LISA-III-011
http://www.esnips....dee1d/LISA-III-012
http://www.esnips....b4f8a/LISA-III-017

this Amp is a Do it yourself DIY project it is still under devlopment however a kit of parts could possibly be provided if i found some one to do that aspect but as it is Blank PC boards are going to be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back