Ultrasone Signature DJ
Jun 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #977 of 2,701
Quote:
What's the best price any of you guys have seen on the Sig Dj?

Unfortunately, since RMC lost distribution of Ultrasone, the cheapest I have seen is $1,000 at B&H Photo, but maybe they have online coupons?  I do recall a retailer in Ohio that was placing ads on Ebay and they are supposedly an authorized distributor.  They may discount.

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #978 of 2,701
Portishead's album "Dummy" sounds amazing on the Sigs. Beautiful voice, and dat bass....

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #980 of 2,701
I got one like that with my Sig Dj. But with the big plug.

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #981 of 2,701
Quote:
I'm borrowing a friend's SigDJ and while I love it, I'm wondering if anyone makes a DJ-style coiled cable (2 m+) with the Ultrasone termination?

Quote:
I got one like that with my Sig Dj. But with the big plug.

The coiled cable is included and you could always purchase a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter if needed.

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #982 of 2,701
Guys,

I have a pair of Sig Pro's and after talking with a couple of you about the DJ as well, seems we have one thing in common - the comfort is not perfect on either of these.  I have a solution to the headband issue (some of you may not feel it but I know some of you do).

I read about the HD650 comfort mod (search for that title if want) for the Pro900 and it works...............and it also works even better for these Sig series.  You simply loosen the four screws pictured below (2 on each side) and slide the soft pad inside about 1/2" on both sides.  NO velcro, nothing permanent, no adhesives, DONE.  Part number is 088597 - contact Sennheiser online and within a week you have it.  I did it to my Pro900 as well.  

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #983 of 2,701
The coiled cable is included and you could always purchase a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter if needed.

Ah, ok, thx. I don't have the full package so I didnt see the coiled cable. Is there an image of it somewhere? Does anyone know the length?

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #984 of 2,701
Ah, ok, thx. I don't have the full package so I didnt see the coiled cable. Is there an image of it somewhere? Does anyone know the length?
You could borrow mine since you already have 1/2 the package :D. SMS me on when you wanna meet to collect.

It's long and rathe DJ-style (i.e. long coil with 1/4" jack).

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #985 of 2,701
This looks good. I keep the headband all the way down and it still is a bit loose for me.
Quote:
Guys,

I have a pair of Sig Pro's and after talking with a couple of you about the DJ as well, seems we have one thing in common - the comfort is not perfect on either of these.  I have a solution to the headband issue (some of you may not feel it but I know some of you do).

I read about the HD650 comfort mod (search for that title if want) for the Pro900 and it works...............and it also works even better for these Sig series.  You simply loosen the four screws pictured below (2 on each side) and slide the soft pad inside about 1/2" on both sides.  NO velcro, nothing permanent, no adhesives, DONE.  Part number is 088597 - contact Sennheiser online and within a week you have it.  I did it to my Pro900 as well.  

Jun 21, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #986 of 2,701
Quote:
I'm borrowing a friend's SigDJ and while I love it, I'm wondering if anyone makes a DJ-style coiled cable (2 m+) with the Ultrasone termination?

I think I'll have to borrow them after you. Apart from some faults I could pick out in the sound I liked the FR, it was about spot-on for me for a "base-y" pair of headphones.

Jun 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #987 of 2,701
Quote:

I think I'll have to borrow them after you. Apart from some faults I could pick out in the sound I liked the FR, it was about spot-on for me for a "base-y" pair of headphones.

It feels good to hear your overall validation of the Sig DJ as a headphone you like since I hold them in high regard for their bass presentation, overall SQ and portability.  It's a shame they have such limited involvement with their customer base directly (their customer service is among the worst I have experienced) or indirectly (no involvement with Head-fi that I have noticed).

Maybe they are an Ultrasone finally worthy of inclusion in a future gift guide????

Jun 21, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #988 of 2,701
Don't know what happened, but as I started lurking around on HeadFi, Ultrasone was one of the sites sponsors. So far my experience with their service is very good, but I live in the same country with them.

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #989 of 2,701
Quote:
Don't know what happened, but as I started lurking around on HeadFi, Ultrasone was one of the sites sponsors. So far my experience with their service is very good, but I live in the same country with them.

In the US, they are frustratingly non-responsive.  I have sent multiple emails with various questions and never received a reply.

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #990 of 2,701
Hey guys, im sorry to be annoying but so far all ive really found out between the two is that the signature dj has more bass. Is that the only difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back