Ultrasone Signature DJ
Jul 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #1,006 of 2,701
Oh i see, completely missed that part.

i wish that more of a comparison could be made, as all that was said is that he uses the th600 for laid back tracks, and the pros for vocals, and the signature dj for electronic/pop/trance.

although i almost completely listen to trance and electronic and that is a big indicator that i should get the sigs instead of the th600s i still want to see a complete comparison, as people tend to have different tastes while listening to their music.

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #1,007 of 2,701
Oh i see, completely missed that part.

i wish that more of a comparison could be made, as all that was said is that he uses the th600 for laid back tracks, and the pros for vocals, and the signature dj for electronic/pop/trance.

although i almost completely listen to trance and electronic and that is a big indicator that i should get the sigs instead of the th600s i still want to see a complete comparison, as people tend to have different tastes while listening to their music.

You just need to figure out the most important thing, do you NEED isolation and no-leakage?
If you do, forget about the Fostex...
If you don't, the Fostex are actually cheaper right now so you might as well get those and enjoy! :wink:

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #1,008 of 2,701
Isolation, although not my biggest priority is still a big factor to me, because i even notice with my hfi 580's that when i listen to the music in a quiet environment compared to a normal-volume environment the sound changes alot, and getting opportunities to listen with complete silence is rare. 

And price isnt a huge factor either, although spending an extra 700$ for the th900 seems steep.

the th600 on the other hand is usually found around the same price (for me) and overall i just want to pick one of the best choices for me.

I'm having some trouble because i was so impressed by my ultrasones i know i would most likely be impressed again if i got the sig dj, but then again, if there are better choices out there for around the same price...

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #1,009 of 2,701
Great stuff.

I like these headphones as they are. I've now put them on a burn in stretch. I'll revisit them after a week or so, but their bass is definitely more boomy/weighty than the sig DJ I have heard. Pretty sure this is due to burn in, as selfridges (london, oxford street) has had this headphone among many others out for demoing, and they are always playing music. It's true of the k550 which literally sound bass heavy compared to an out of the box one.

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #1,010 of 2,701
Don't forget that you need to burn in your hearing too, not only the cans.

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #1,011 of 2,701
Hey, you have both. 

Do you find the fit to be the exact same on both. I may have asked this to you before, in which case I apologize in advance. I had the sig pro before and didn't like the fit at tall. This DJ is different I feel with the pads especially.

Also, from memory mainly, these DJ's have a better, more natural tone than the sig pro. They have a larger soundstage and don't sound congested; a slight an annoying congestion I found the sig pro to have. Too much going on for it's headstage - a bit like the grado gr8.

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #1,012 of 2,701
Quote:
Hey, you have both. 

Do you find the fit to be the exact same on both. I may have asked this to you before, in which case I apologize in advance. I had the sig pro before and didn't like the fit at tall. This DJ is different I feel with the pads especially.

Also, from memory mainly, these DJ's have a better, more natural tone than the sig pro. They have a larger soundstage and don't sound congested; a slight an annoying congestion I found the sig pro to have. Too much going on for it's headstage - a bit like the grado gr8.

The fit may be comfort burn-in as they felt the same to me from what I recall of the Sig PRO.  Regarding the soundstage, AnakChan's thorough comparison shows the differences in driver size 50mm for Sig DJ vs. 40mm for Sig PRO, plus different venting that may contribute to the improved soundstage.  I personally consider the Sig DJ a better value as I prefer its sound and it costs less.  I also prefer the DJ cosmetically with the contrasting black and white.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #1,013 of 2,701
Hey, you have both. 

The fit is the same for me with both cans. The stage is wider with the DJs. But when you do not compare them side by side more day by day the difference is much less. Also the mighty bass of the DJs leave the PROs pale in comparison side by side. But the bass can also be too much depending on my mood rather than on the genre or artist. Sometimes the punch makes me feel comfortable, the other day the more delicate sound signature reaches my heart and soul. And for me both can do all genres at different times. I still cannot decide to let one of them go. But luckily I don't need to do that anyways.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #1,014 of 2,701
And right now Mumford and Sons are punching my brain :) !

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #1,016 of 2,701
Jul 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #1,018 of 2,701
Please someone buy this already!!!
(if it's not yet sold!)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/657917/fs-lnib-ultrasone-signature-dj

lol

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #1,019 of 2,701
Quote:
Please someone buy this already!!!
(if it's not yet sold!)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/657917/fs-lnib-ultrasone-signature-dj

lol

Crazy me is tempted by it.................yeah, I know. 

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #1,020 of 2,701
Quote:
Crazy me is tempted by it.................yeah, I know. 

Hahaha!
You crack me up man!
DO IT!
I don't think there's a better price yet for these ANYWHERE... it's worth a shot... :wink:

(I guess I'm not the best one to be giving advice... #CompulsiveBuyer :p)

Although, you might experience the same thing as with the Sig Pros... :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back