The discovery thread!
Nov 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #16,891 of 100,111
Those do look nice! Not too pricey either (judging from the cdjapan price). I usually like AT's sound, but my biggest question would be whether they are comfortable, which the last couple sets I got from AT definitely weren't.

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #16,892 of 100,111
Didn't get the Yamahas yet, today was the earliest they might have been delivered. Have to go back to the other newer on ears I've been listening to...Senn Amperiors (powerful, swinging), Beyer DT 1350 (open, wide soundstage, V shaped, nice detail), Martin Logan Mikros 90 (go back and forth on these-like finicky iems, how you position them makes an incredible difference. When in good position, nice, full, textured bass, good detail, nice rich sound). Was just casually listening while finishing office work on computers, maybe psych myself to throw all 4 in the ring when I get the Yamahas...
Who knows, maybe I'll be...

Nov 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #16,897 of 100,111
Should have the Yamaha Monday. And the IM70 has been ordered.

Nov 22, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #16,898 of 100,111
  Didn't get the Yamahas yet, today was the earliest they might have been delivered. Have to go back to the other newer on ears I've been listening to...Senn Amperiors (powerful, swinging), Beyer DT 1350 (open, wide soundstage, V shaped, nice detail), Martin Logan Mikros 90 (go back and forth on these-like finicky iems, how you position them makes an incredible difference. When in good position, nice, full, textured bass, good detail, nice rich sound). Was just casually listening while finishing office work on computers, maybe psych myself to throw all 4 in the ring when I get the Yamahas...
Who knows, maybe I'll be...

man doctorjazz, you are having a personal headphone listening festival! way to go!  and the best may be yet to come!
hope your yamahas come asap........those Mikros sound very interesting....

Nov 22, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #16,899 of 100,111
Yamahas came today, haven't gotten a chance to listen yet, but should pull it out later and listen. I have to collect my impressions on the Mikros 90, listen when I have some time and sort it out, but I do really like them. Looking at the thread dedicated to them, they seem to inspire love or hate-people don't have middling feelings about them for the most part. As I mentioned, they behave a bit like a finicky iem that's difficult to fit in that, put on the wrong way, the bass is MIA and things sound thin. Someone even posted the "proper" way to put them on for good fit (put them in front of your ears, then slide them back until they cover the body of your ear). Sounds silly, but, know what? That made a major difference in sound for me, and I do really like them. The way I see it, they started about $300 list, are made by a major audiophile speaker company, and are now selling for $60-$80 (Newegg regularly has them in this range). At this price, seems like a no brainer to give em a try (again, some people seem to hate them, but the investment isn't all that great). I will try to do a round up of the different on ears I've been accumulating.

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #16,901 of 100,111
Nov 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #16,902 of 100,111
First impression of the Yamaha... Niiiiice:-D
start burn in tomorrow

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #16,903 of 100,111
Valley Lodge sounding really nice!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #16,904 of 100,111
  Should have the Yamaha Monday. And the IM70 has been ordered.

Will we see an IM70/MA750 comparison? I have the RHA on had atm so I know what they sound like.

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #16,905 of 100,111
  Yamahas came today, haven't gotten a chance to listen yet, but should pull it out later and listen. I have to collect my impressions on the Mikros 90, listen when I have some time and sort it out, but I do really like them. Looking at the thread dedicated to them, they seem to inspire love or hate-people don't have middling feelings about them for the most part. As I mentioned, they behave a bit like a finicky iem that's difficult to fit in that, put on the wrong way, the bass is MIA and things sound thin. Someone even posted the "proper" way to put them on for good fit (put them in front of your ears, then slide them back until they cover the body of your ear). Sounds silly, but, know what? That made a major difference in sound for me, and I do really like them. The way I see it, they started about $300 list, are made by a major audiophile speaker company, and are now selling for $60-$80 (Newegg regularly has them in this range). At this price, seems like a no brainer to give em a try (again, some people seem to hate them, but the investment isn't all that great). I will try to do a round up of the different on ears I've been accumulating.

I'd fire you off the M500's to add to your round up if you lived in the great white north!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back