The discovery thread!
Nov 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #16,906 of 100,119
Nov 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #16,907 of 100,119
Today was a sad day for me. I sold off one of my favorite toys. My Alienware is no more.
frown.gif
..I feel a gaping hole in my heart. It had to go because I was getting no use out of it. My friend is now the new owner..He got a deal and a half..I am now going trough Alienware withdrawl. I had no idea it would have affected me as much as it has. But then I figure I can get myself something to replace it.

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #16,908 of 100,119
By the way. The Sony H1s are excellent. They are completely worth the $150 price tag and in fact I am so impressed by these. I just might have to throw down the cash for a pair of H3s when they are available on Amazon.

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #16,910 of 100,119
  By the way. The Sony H1s are excellent. They are completely worth the $150 price tag and in fact I am so impressed by these. I just might have to throw down the cash for a pair of H3s when they are available on Amazon.

Does the H1  sound like anything we've heard Dsnuts?

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #16,912 of 100,119
It has the Sony forward mid range with non offensive treble.. Good detail.  Good stage and depth. The bass end gives some warmth to the sound. Bass heavy tunes comes out in full force. I want to say these are tuned to be more consumer sound a bit like the MH1C but a much higher end version of them. Perhaps some similarities to the FXZ earphones..I noticed these have that Sony beat response..Beats and bass notes are more emphasized on these earphones due to their large dynamic drivers used for bass but the full range BA does a good job with the rest of the spectrum.. While I like these. It is missing some emphasis and definition in the treble region to really sound nice and I am certain that is where the extra BA on the XBA-H3 is for.  The highs seems a touch flat on these maybe a bit reserved.. It certainly sounds great for the price but it is enough to give one an insight of what is possible on the XBA-H3 and it has my curiosity enough for me to give them a try.

I read a review from a user of the H3 that actually burned them in and he was raving about how good they sounded so I am gonna try out a pair once they are available for purchase through Amazon.

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #16,913 of 100,119
It has the Sony forward mid range with non offensive treble.. Good detail.  Good stage and depth. The bass end gives some warmth to the sound. Bass heavy tunes comes out in full force. I want to say these are tuned to be more consumer sound a bit like the MH1C but a much higher end version of them. Perhaps some similarities to the FXZ earphones..I noticed these have that Sony beat response..Beats and bass notes are more emphasized on these earphones due to their large dynamic drivers used for bass but the full range BA does a good job with the rest of the spectrum.. While I like these. It is missing some emphasis and definition in the treble region to really sound nice and I am certain that is where the extra BA on the XBA-H3 is for.  The highs seems a touch flat on these maybe a bit reserved.. It certainly sounds great for the price but it is enough to give one an insight of what is possible on the XBA-H3 and it has my curiosity enough for me to give them a try.

I read a review from a user of the H3 that actually burned them in and he was raving about how good they sounded so I am gonna try out a pair once they are available for purchase through Amazon.

Cool and thanks for your insight bro. I think I'll wait to hear your thoughts on the H3 before I jump in. I really don't need the H1. I hope this IM70 doesn't disappoint hit above it's price as AT has done of late.

Nov 23, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #16,915 of 100,119
These look funky: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/503700-0100/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuTkJYgZlQcSdYqTJ%2f5MevEJrY%252b91RThfo%3d
datasheet

Nov 23, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #16,916 of 100,119
Nov 23, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #16,917 of 100,119
Those Molex look DD rather  than BA. Datasheet comes up a blank for me. Anyone know for sure?

Nov 23, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #16,918 of 100,119
  Those Molex look DD rather  than BA. Datasheet comes up a blank for me. Anyone know for sure?

They probably are dynamics, so are the Zero Audio Carbo dynamics.

Specifications
Style: Canal-type
Driver Unit: 13.5mm
Power Handling Capacity: 50mW
Impedance: 16 Ohms at 1kHz
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
Cable Style: Y-type
Cable Length: 1,200mm
Plug Type: 3.5mm diameter (1/8")

13.5mm, probably not a BA.

The downloadable data sheet is pretty much this, plus some additional eartips blurb.

Nov 23, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #16,919 of 100,119
  They probably are dynamics, so are the Zero Audio Carbo dynamics.

13.5mm, probably not a BA.

The downloadable data sheet is pretty much this, plus some additional eartips blurb.

Yeah you'd think the driver size would have tipped me off. Be interesting to see if theres actually anything to the 45 degree sound stage though. For 20 bucks............

Then again, that's what I said about the atrocious MH1's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back