The discovery thread!
Nov 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #16,921 of 100,119
It has the Sony forward mid range with non offensive treble.. Good detail.  Good stage and depth. The bass end gives some warmth to the sound. Bass heavy tunes comes out in full force. I want to say these are tuned to be more consumer sound a bit like the MH1C but a much higher end version of them. Perhaps some similarities to the FXZ earphones..I noticed these have that Sony beat response..Beats and bass notes are more emphasized on these earphones due to their large dynamic drivers used for bass but the full range BA does a good job with the rest of the spectrum.. While I like these. It is missing some emphasis and definition in the treble region to really sound nice and I am certain that is where the extra BA on the XBA-H3 is for.  The highs seems a touch flat on these maybe a bit reserved.. It certainly sounds great for the price but it is enough to give one an insight of what is possible on the XBA-H3 and it has my curiosity enough for me to give them a try.

I read a review from a user of the H3 that actually burned them in and he was raving about how good they sounded so I am gonna try out a pair once they are available for purchase through Amazon.

Interesting, DS, my impression from initial reports on Head-Fi was that the Sony hybrids were a disappointment. It would be great to hear that they are a good option. Awaiting your further input.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #16,922 of 100,119
  These look funky: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/503700-0100/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuTkJYgZlQcSdYqTJ%2f5MevEJrY%252b91RThfo%3d
datasheet

Seems they have been around for a while...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/521467/impulse-purchase-molex-evalidis

Today was a sad day for me. I sold off one of my favorite toys. My Alienware is no more.
frown.gif
..I feel a gaping hole in my heart. It had to go because I was getting no use out of it. My friend is now the new owner..He got a deal and a half..I am now going trough Alienware withdrawl. I had no idea it would have affected me as much as it has. But then I figure I can get myself something to replace it.

Only Ds! A gaping hole, withdrawal, and the urge to replace something that was getting no use. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #16,923 of 100,119
Nov 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #16,924 of 100,119
It has the Sony forward mid range with non offensive treble.. Good detail.  Good stage and depth. The bass end gives some warmth to the sound. Bass heavy tunes comes out in full force. I want to say these are tuned to be more consumer sound a bit like the MH1C but a much higher end version of them. Perhaps some similarities to the FXZ earphones..I noticed these have that Sony beat response..Beats and bass notes are more emphasized on these earphones due to their large dynamic drivers used for bass but the full range BA does a good job with the rest of the spectrum.. While I like these. It is missing some emphasis and definition in the treble region to really sound nice and I am certain that is where the extra BA on the XBA-H3 is for.  The highs seems a touch flat on these maybe a bit reserved.. It certainly sounds great for the price but it is enough to give one an insight of what is possible on the XBA-H3 and it has my curiosity enough for me to give them a try.

I read a review from a user of the H3 that actually burned them in and he was raving about how good they sounded so I am gonna try out a pair once they are available for purchase through Amazon.

Interesting, DS, my impression from initial reports on Head-Fi was that the Sony hybrids were a disappointment. It would be great to hear that they are a good option. Awaiting your further input.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

On one hand I can understand the disappointment. They are again more consumer grade type of sound at least the H1 is. Think high end MH1C maybe even XB type tuning. That dynamic they use in these hybrids are for bass it seems and nothing else. That gets you some strong bass frequencies and I have a feeling this will be the case on the H3 as well. But for guys that enjoy bass this is not a bad thing. For guys wanting neutral flat newer EX1000 type sound. Will be disappointed. At the same time I know for a fact many of the same guys that want that EX1000 type sound in a hybrid WILL NOT burn them in...

The same guys that reported about the H3, you don't see them dissing on the H3 any more. Which got me thinking. I bet the H3s are sounding better and better the more they use it. Burn in perhaps?.. It was mentioned that minus the strong bass on open box they sound nice.. Well the one review I read mentions bass is strong on open box but goes away and evens out with the rest of the sound after burn in. It is just a feeling I got but someone needs to do a proper burn in of the H3.. We might be missing out on a potential killer sound is my thought. Plus they are getting some rave reviews out of Japan..Which is a good sign the H3s are much better than we thought.

Seems they have been around for a while...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/521467/impulse-purchase-molex-evalidis

Only Ds! A gaping hole, withdrawal, and the urge to replace something that was getting no use. 
biggrin.gif

My Alienware was special to me. I used to buy high end laptops left and right. I still own many and my Alienware was my top high end portable gaming rig. Now that I am at home a lot it has gotten less and less use.. I also own 2 gaming rigs at home but that Alienware..

At lest now I can afford some phones..I have to admit I am interested in them Shure SRH1540s..Will have the L2s for certain and them Sony XBA-H3s.

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #16,925 of 100,119
I hate this new USPS delivery guy. My old guy use to walk all the way up to my apartment and I was prepared to spend some dough on him for Christmas but they replaced him with this ass who won't even bring the package into the complex. He just leaves a notice in the mail box now. My IM70s actually arrived today so kudos to CDJapan because that means technically from the time they shipped to the time I was supposed to receive them it would have been 2 days.

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #16,926 of 100,119
I hate this new USPS delivery guy. My old guy use to walk all the way up to my apartment and I was prepared to spend some dough on him for Christmas but they replaced him with this ass who won't even bring the package into the complex. He just leaves a notice in the mail box now. My IM70s actually arrived today so kudos to CDJapan because that means technically from the time they shipped to the time I was supposed to receive them it would have been 2 days.

lol ... I understand.

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #16,927 of 100,119

hahaha, I know how that feels.

hope will get to hear some impressions from you very soon :) and hope you like them VERY MUCH (cause those are the iems I'm planning on getting if people here like them)

Nov 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #16,928 of 100,119
 Perhaps their Carbo dynamics....
(although, don't want to go too far with the wild theories).

Went too far with the wild theories. 
Forgot that one of the Carbos was a microdriver, and the other a regular sized. The Molex is 13.5mm. 
Unless Zero Audio comes out with a 13.5mm model sometime in the future....nah.

Nov 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #16,929 of 100,119
YOU might want to recheck out the mdr 7550s.  same design as the ex1000s but tuned to have less abrasive super
sibilant  high end.  they are remarkable, accurate and designed to be studio monitors, and now discounted substantially
i keep them locked up in my treasure chest of favorite oems,.  i do carry my xba3s at all times in my pocket for music on the go
emergencies. meanwhile, back at my laptop, the YAMAHAS are kicking but on Peter Gabriels latest album, NEW BLOOD which i dissed when
i first heard it on speakers and other IEMS the yamahas made the voice instrument balance almost perfect and brought out the emotions
in the female voices that made it beautiful and endearing.

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #16,930 of 100,119
Ironcially, none of those Sonys EX(600, 1000, 7550) fit me well. That design doesn't stay in my ears well. I have an easier time with the M200. 

Nov 24, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #16,932 of 100,119
Are the 7550's pretty good? Only $229 at BHphoto.

Nov 24, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #16,933 of 100,119
They are highly regarded among iem users and, as by drblue they are tuned more for a flatter response and are more accurat.  Not really as much as a v sound curve as many so many iems have sony went and made a true in ear monitor and from all impressions ive read it does so well and because of it some people find it dry or boring but its highly capable from a technical standpoint id say its more than worth a look.

Nov 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #16,934 of 100,119
7550's seem to be a discontinued model-good price at BH compared to the list, seen 1 or 2 other similar pricings, wonder if it won't still drop more....may bite, though. I bit on the Onkyo over ear phones, having second thoughts...

Nov 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #16,935 of 100,119
Are the 7550's pretty good? Only $229 at BHphoto.

I had it and it was okay. Those Sonys never gave me a good fit. That price is not really a good discount though for it. I would try to find it under $200. And it doesn't beat the KEF M200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back