The discovery thread!
Nov 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #16,861 of 100,119
Two words that come to mind when describing the Yamaha's to me are layering and texture, if you own them or get to listen to then you'll know what I mean. Really happy these are getting the attention they deserve

Nov 20, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #16,862 of 100,119
dear bhazardi know i know...your wallet will hate you, but your ears brain and heart will thank you. I'm down to eight dollars till end of month cause
i bought these Yamahas, but they are better than food.....or gas...they are head-fi  essential super nutrients for the soul and
the future of listening.....enjoy....i am not exaggerating nor is ds or danny how good these Yamahas are...stunning...and continuing to improve with
every few hours of playing  ....Paul Simon just started sounding like Paul Simon instead of a digital voice....remarkable...down side, i don't want to do much
else today except listen to these........off my computer...musicallly as satisfying as my Apogee Divas. or Zu Soul Superflys. ...and thats amazing....and
all I've had today is two cups of coffee and some chai....

Nov 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #16,863 of 100,119
Thanks Danny Boi, its your groundbreaking listening enthusiasm and DS's ears into sound and encouragement that
motivated me to spend my currently last dollars on these Yamahas.   its hard to put the sound
experience into words, but we all do our best.  you know, i play around with 50K systems (mostly used stuff), six foot tall Divas
massive Krell amps, etc, and to have this glorious accurate and musically faithful experience come out of these phones is miraculous...
having heard a bunch of these artists  live, thati am testing these phones on live, i am stunned by their ability to convey that musical
truth and emotional experience...thank you for insisting we really listen to these remarkable and yet inexpensive phones...

Nov 20, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #16,864 of 100,119
  dear bhazardi know i know...your wallet will hate you, but your ears brain and heart will thank you. I'm down to eight dollars till end of month cause
i bought these Yamahas, but they are better than food.....or gas...they are head-fi  essential super nutrients for the soul and
the future of listening.....enjoy....i am not exaggerating nor is ds or danny how good these Yamahas are...stunning...and continuing to improve with
every few hours of playing  ....Paul Simon just started sounding like Paul Simon instead of a digital voice....remarkable...down side, i don't want to do much
else today except listen to these........off my computer...musicallly as satisfying as my Apogee Divas. or Zu Soul Superflys. ...and thats amazing....and
all I've had today is two cups of coffee and some chai....

Thanks Danny Boi, its your groundbreaking listening enthusiasm and DS's ears into sound and encouragement that
motivated me to spend my currently last dollars on these Yamahas.   its hard to put the sound
experience into words, but we all do our best.  you know, i play around with 50K systems (mostly used stuff), six foot tall Divas
massive Krell amps, etc, and to have this glorious accurate and musically faithful experience come out of these phones is miraculous...
having heard a bunch of these artists  live, thati am testing these phones on live, i am stunned by their ability to convey that musical
truth and emotional experience...thank you for insisting we really listen to these remarkable and yet inexpensive phones...

WHY??!!!

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #16,866 of 100,119
  I'm really glad I've been around Ds long enough to build up some sort of immunity to his siren-like call to buy things. Otherwise my wallet would be crashing into the rocks of debt.

Can you share more information about such "immunity"? I would like to know how to  
happy_face1.gif

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #16,869 of 100,119
  I'm really glad I've been around Ds long enough to build up some sort of immunity to his siren-like call to buy things. Otherwise my wallet would be crashing into the rocks of debt.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Funniest thing I've seen eke2k6 write in a long while! 

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #16,870 of 100,119
I'll have two please
smily_headphones1.gif

Can you share more information about such "immunity"? I would like to know how to  
happy_face1.gif

Oh, it's really simple! All you have to do is [redacted], then just turn it around and [redacted] before you finalize the [redacted]. Before you know it you'll be [redacted] and free from the discovery cycle!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Funniest thing I've seen eke2k6 write in a long while! 

Non-stop exams and presentations have sucked away my sense of humor 
redface.gif

Nov 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #16,871 of 100,119
why not? we shouldn't take listeners enthusiasm for granted. some false hopes true, i sent my mvc 660s back without even opening em
but some true discoveries are worth really focusing on!

Yep, but as The Box said before "we shouldn't all be listening to the same item..." that seems to stifle actually discovery.

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #16,872 of 100,119
  GREAT NEWS: YAMAHAS are better than anyone has right to expect...
heres my experience after 12 hours with the YAMAHAS: one night of burn in through computer and dragonfly DAC through iFI power stabilizer:
my roommate Silver, a guitarist songwriter, listening to  Mark Knophler's album Privateering, disc 1, song 1 Rosebud, begins to smile
at vocal lead...then when lead guitar comes in BEGINS TO CRY from ecstatic experience with quality of sound.  when song is over
says "oh my GOD, " and walks away stunned....  my experience is similar.....these phones have an sound quality (and comfort) that
puts out a field of sound way bigger than their size or price and indeed are PRICELESS for the accuracy and emotion stirring experience
that they convey. true for blues as well, Steve Miller was never so blue....on electronica still needs more burn in for Ott audio pyrotechnics to
be coherent, but still excellent.....  if you care about the quality of your sound do yourself a favor and grab one of these phones
for yourself or loved ones of the holidaze... they are a TRUE DISCOVERY.  this is not hype.  this is the report back from the edge of ECSTATIC LISTENING. these things are performing at the level of my best headphones...they have the liquid mids of the RS1s, the bass and sub bass is right on, the soundstage of my w1000s, and rhythm of my es700s, all integrated into a single sub100$ phone.  I begin to laugh when it think about what these will be after a full burn in....too good to be true, except its not...these are the real deal and more....and the comfort of the velour pads is spot on...kudos to YAMAHAs sound engineers...and this discovery thread for discovering these....Knophlers harmonica is making my head turn in circles now....but the voices and liquid guitar are making me almost weep with joy....im hearing the emotions the artist was conveying not just the sounds,   and isn't that what high end audio is all about...

I'm assuming this is the HPH-200 you're talking about, correct? Amazon says mine shipped, expected arrival listed as between tomorrow and Tuesday...now I'm psyched (love DS, but like to hear that others share the ecstatic experiece with a particular headphone, as I don't always hear things the same way).

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #16,873 of 100,119
Drblue, you do have to learn to express yourself though...it's bad to keep things bottled up inside like that, let people know what you REALLY feel!!!! 
k701smile.gif

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #16,874 of 100,119
  Drblue, you do have to learn to express yourself though...it's bad to keep things bottled up inside like that, let people know what you REALLY feel!!!! 
k701smile.gif

No Drblue, please KEEP THINGS BOTTLED UP... yer giving me twitchy order finger syndrome lol!

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #16,875 of 100,119
Truth is these $100 phones have taken over all my listening time when I do have time at home. I grab them every opportunity I can..Don't know if it is how light and comfy they are or if it is because of the sound. Equal helpings of both actually.. I am getting PMs from guys asking me about these and all I can say is. For guys that have never owned a proper open can and want to know what an open can can do for your music..

These are perfect to introduce to this type of sound. The reason why many of the top tier cans are open back is because of the way they convey stage. I think with recent advancements in tech, it seems closed cans are gaining in stage realism and expansiveness however once you have a proper open can..You will wonder why you have not tried an open can before..

Beyond the openness of the sound it is how these are tuned. There is a very real sound to these cans that seem to truly bring out emotion in your tunes..These are not too finicky of sources but there is a synergistic proponent to this sound. It seems the higher end your sound chain is these cans will reveal just how good or bad your sources are..I get a different sophistication with every source I tried. You know a phone is great when I keep on discovering new aspects of the sound.

Ericp.. Your a drum guy...Your gonna love how these render drums...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back