Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 review, impressions and appreciation thread.
May 20, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #16 of 81
May 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #18 of 81
Quote:
Forgive the probably dumb question, does Rhapsodio even ship custom monitors to North America?  I thought they didn't. 

They have just announced that they will ship RDB+1s as custom monitors worldwide. But they ship all models in universal worldwide.

May 23, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #20 of 81
RDB+ 2v1 Impressions:

Physically the housings are pretty large, huge in fact, but remain comfortable to wear. I had a hard time getting the best seal with the supplied silicone tips but the supplied foams worked great. 

The supplied cable is an upgrade cable called the mono silver crystal cable, if I'm not mistaken. It has pretty good ergonomics. It's decently flexible and really hugs the ear. It does tend to hold a little too much of the shape in which it was stored but ultimately isn't a big deal due to its flexibility. 

The 2v1 has a sensitivity of 32 ohms and 100db. It contains an 8mm dynamic and a twfk. The shell is vented with a pinhole sized vent near the cable sockets. It's very easy to miss. Additionally the cable sockets are recessed and the nozzles are dual bore, Aesthetically the silver carbon fibre faceplate, black shell and silver cable look pretty nice. 

Upon first listen I though the 2v1 sounded very lean, albeit fast, and I wondered where the dynamic bass would come into play. After a few hours of listening and discovering best for my ears, I started to hear dynamic goodness. Overall I do find the signature to be leaner than the 1+2 and TG334 that I own. Frequency response seems pretty linear from bass through mids and with a moderate treble lift, giving the overall color that of an analytical touch. 

I find the 2v1 sounds better with more power. I'm not really sure if this is due to current needs or just sounds better from a cleaner source. Of all my amps, the Rhapsodio Shozy pxm1 supplied for the USA tour sounds the best with the 2v1.  Perhaps it was voiced with the RDB iem line in mind. It gives it a little more space and treble is smoothed. Overall the match with the Shozy is just more pleasing to my ears. 

The 2v1 almost has delicate feel to the notes. I don't mean soft but somehow rather light and fragile. It sounds very good at lower to moderate volumes. At higher volumes I pick up some sibilance and the treble / upper mid emphasis can be a bit much for me. At lower volumes drums have a nice and fast snap and kicks have a lower deep bass emphasis. The tight  lower bass, delicate note, Shozy pxm1 amp and lower volumes make for an overall enjoyable listening experience.

May 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #22 of 81
I've not heard my 2v1 for more than 2 months...I brought it back to Oz but never really used it (was using the MH335DW primarily), and when I got back it went to Musica Acoustics to go on a world tour (NYC HF meet, to Osaka to show to a  few retailers, back to Tokyo for Fujiya's event, and this weekend to Osaka again for the e-earphone event). I should get it back next week - HOPEFULLY.

Although I feel the 2v1 isn't as exciting and fun as the v1, 1+2, or relaxing as the MH335DW, somehow I feel it's actually useful for testing other products (amps, DACs, etc.) 'cos as per my review, it's quite neutral-ish and doesn't really overemphasise anything. The v1 to my ears are somewhat more U-shaped.

Edit: Nice review svyr. Oi!! What do you mean I have a cheaper dimmer cable with my 2v1 :wink:?? Lol!!

May 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #26 of 81
Thanks for arranging that, I look forward to hearing them.

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #28 of 81
Rather randomly, mrAdrian has lent these to me as part of his loan tour. (I suspect he is a bit busy with exams).

I don't know anything about these really, but if you could include me in any PM thread going on for these that would be great. (So I know who to send it to).

These are definitely interesting.

Edit: Could someone let me know how much these are meant to cost? Is this a universal demo of a custom monitor or is this a universal?

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #29 of 81
Svyr the thread creator runs the Australian tour, give him a PM regarding the next person. Last I checked the 2v1 cost $650.

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #30 of 81
Rather randomly, mrAdrian has lent these to me as part of his loan tour. (I suspect he is a bit busy with exams).

I don't know anything about these really, but if you could include me in any PM thread going on for these that would be great. (So I know who to send it to).

These are definitely interesting.

Edit: Could someone let me know how much these are meant to cost? Is this a universal demo of a custom monitor or is this a universal?

universal that they can also do as a custom :D , yes 650 - check the product page and email rhapsodio for options/etc. The line of people is in the first thread. I believe H20 is after you - just PM to arrange handover, or pass it via mrAdrian again if he actually wants to write a review when exams are over with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back