Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 review, impressions and appreciation thread.
Jun 28, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #61 of 81
Got the RDB v1 from Vlad today and I am very very impressed! For $650, it is a great IEM and it does everything, absolutely everything, better than the 2v1. The bass is more dynamic, the mids are by far better and the highs are liquid. By far the best TWFK driver IEM I've heard. Also, I used it with my not so impressive SGS3 and it sounded great, but when I plugged it to my HDP-R10, they sounded out of this world for $650. Just not up to the level of the Miracles, but IMO, beats the FI-BA-SS hands down and really does give the AKG K3003 a run for its money. These aren't as source dependent as the UM Miracles and the detail these put out are just about on par with the Miracles. The only thing that stops this from being a $650 end game IEM is the isolation. If it were put on Joker's scale, it would be a 2.5 or a 3, but probably more towards a 2.5. I used it on the car from the city today and it wasn't great. Also, it is worth mentioning that someone told me that the RDB v1 is actually a Tralucent 1plus2 and has the same drivers. Essentially, they should sound similar or the same. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #62 of 81
Gald you like RDB+ v1 Lin, they really are special. :) They're also very tip sensitive, you can adjust the sound quite a lot when tip rolling. Isolation also increases, so be sure to try different tips. Do you know what type of cable the v1 are running?

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #63 of 81
Quote:
Gald you like RDB+ v1 Lin, they really are special.
smily_headphones1.gif
They're also very tip sensitive, you can adjust the sound quite a lot when tip rolling. Isolation also increases, so be sure to try different tips. Do you know what type of cable the v1 are running?

The brown clothed one. look out for pics tomorrow. The 2v1 was worse than the B2s, but these completely kill the B2s. I was afraid that the highs would be typical TWFK, but they are really tuned well. Look at my UM Miracle review for comparisons. I will get them done tonight. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #64 of 81
The brown clothed one. look out for pics tomorrow. The 2v1 was worse than the B2s, but these completely kill the B2s. I was afraid that the highs would be typical TWFK, but they are really tuned well. Look at my UM Miracle review for comparisons. I will get them done tonight. 

Will do Lin, :wink:

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #66 of 81
Hopefully all that gear sounds as good as it looks! Is it all from Rhapsodio?

Jul 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #73 of 81
I've got the stuff with me. Early impressions:

1)K2 amp: doesnt interest me, it does not have enough gain and it hiss. It is a nice size however it takes the vocal too back.

2)2V1 vs the V1:

2V1 (the one with westone connection) had a more expansive sound whereas the one with the shure connectors had a more forward sound with better bass impact. The later sounds more balanced however it is on the brighter side.

3)Shozy amp: This is what got my attention the most. I like the form factor and the package. Issues with this is that it hisses and the volume change is non-linear. It is clear however it is not netural, it has a v-sound to it. I hope future revision keeps the form factor and they decide to compete against vorzuge. 

I will make a more detailed review as week go along, so who is next on the tour?

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #74 of 81
First off, I am very thankful to have been part of the loaner tour on this combo. A big thanks to shotgunshane for offering his gear to members for demo. 

I'll get right to some impressions (some good, some not so good). 

Rhapsodio 2v1:
I heard things fairly similarly to much of what has been said here in many regards. But contrary to someone else's comments (can't recall who it was), did not find bass thin at all. In fact that aspect was quite pleasing and deeply extended, with great reach and weight to the sub bass. It didn't cloud the mids in the least. 

I found the midrange a bit sucked back (but not terribly V-shaped), and it seemed to have a thin feel to it. It just didn't sound natural to me, and vocals in particular had something of a weirdly stretched, sort of lifeless sound. By comparison the highs were quite extended and detailed, very quick and agile... but were strident with a lot of music. That would keep me from listening at any sort of an enjoyable volume. In contrast I have no problem enjoying my TG334's at any volume, and the highs there don't get piercing at all, unless it's hugely present in recorded material. 

Spaciousness is also another area I felt the 2v1's struggled. They struck me as more limited to the ears, and didn't really project 'out-of-head' at all. Going back to the 334's everything is more spacious, with better specific instrument placement and layering. This helps with more of a 3D sensation after the 2v1's.

So with the midrange tone/recession/thinness, constrained spatial presentation, and treble bite, in all honesty I didn't find the 2v1's a good match for me. But if someone is searching for a very dynamic (very extended at the top and bottom frequencies), with awesome detail and speed, then these could definitely be the ticket!

Shozy px-m1:

Unfortunately a bout of travel has kept me from doing a whole lot of experimenting with the amp, but during the time I did get to listen I noticed it helped the 2v1's harshness issues nicely. The amp drove the RDB's easily on low gain. Sonically, it really helped open up the space, and took a bit of the edge off the highs. Bass also got more controlled. The form factor is very nice, and highly pocketable. With the TG334's, the effect was not as desirable. It took some of the treble sparkle away from the Fitears, and that is not welcome when I find the highs pretty good as is straight out of the Sony F807. But it sure helped the treble bite of the 2v1's.

I would have liked to have more time to experiment with my orthos but they're in storage for a bit currently and my listening has to be done on IEMs. But with other comments here, I imagine it does a commendable job with most headphones. 

Again, thanks for the chance to demo this gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back