[REVIEW] Rhapsodio RDB+ V1 Hybrid (2BA + Dynamic driver)
May 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #77 of 129
Is there a sound advantage to the custom?

Sounds silly to me to go have impressions made, wait for them to be made, hope the fit is right from the other side of the world, and then have no future resale value for the same sound or close to it. 

May 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #78 of 129
Seal would be better so i guess that would improve sound, was the case when people done Heir 4.Ai to Heir 4.A comparison etc. There is also the perhaps better comfort and isolation that a good fitting custom gives and finally you don not have to mess around finding the correct tips. I guess some people will want to tale advantage of it and some will prefer it as a universal. 

May 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #79 of 129
Indeed. Everyone is different. Many people don't like the fit of customs. If I have a choice, I'd go universal fit. 

May 17, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #80 of 129
There is a choice still if you get one, it does not have to be Custom! Also people complain that the new Shure is too expensive for a universal and they would rather get a custom and not its vice versa AND your getting a choice. Both have pros and cons and i am glad i own some great universals and some great customs!

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #85 of 129
Quote:
I have it right now and I can tell you that they are amazing. 

who would doubt, V1 truly shines... you know there is always steep path up the price, and V1 delivers music in spades and is worth its price tag no doubt. i have V1 for several months and music makes sense through this baby. 
tongue_smile.gif

one issue i would mention, pick best quality cable because cabling is very important with V1 as is with some higher end IEMs. just do not skimp on cable costs or you will not know how lovely V1 can be.

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #86 of 129
who would doubt, V1 truly shines... you know there is always steep path up the price, and V1 delivers music in spades and is worth its price tag no doubt. i have V1 for several months and music makes sense through this baby. 
tongue_smile.gif

one issue i would mention, pick best quality cable because cabling is very important with V1 as is with some higher end IEMs. just do not skimp on cable costs or you will not know how lovely V1 can be.
I am using the brown clothed cable which I believe is crystal copper and silver.

Jul 1, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #87 of 129
hello,

Can someone tell me if the V1 mini sound is the same as the "normal" v1 please?

Jul 1, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #88 of 129
I've heard both v1 and v1mini separately(not side by side), and as far as I could tell they sound the same.

however, the fit on the mini is substantially different and has an awkward small nozzle and body not filling in the concha. I didn't like the original noise isolation and fit, but mini is worse for me.

on the other hand the shape of 2v1 fit me pretty much perfectly, but im pretty sure due to how the drivers are mounted in v1 they can't make it in the same shape

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #89 of 129
Thank you very much...

Waiting for it...

Really look forward to ear them and give my feedback. 

But whatch out, soon we will have the graphs lover comando that will destroy them...as ever and on every good Iem having success....
etysmile.gif

Some of you know what I'm talking about....

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #90 of 129
pretty sure rhapsodio posted the v1 fr chart and no one saw anything overtly wrong there?

for h200 if you're referring to it, fr chart related comments agree with what I hear compared to say rdb+ v1 or merlin, so I dont personally see a problem there.

fit wise, i'd wait for more impressions for v1mini from the Melbourne meet. or more reviews if there is a tour

Users who are viewing this thread

Back